Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Core Components
Register Forgot Password?

Old 30-12-13   #1
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Common Sense - A Superpower

Intel Lowers Prices of Multiple Core and Celeron Processors

The last Sunday of 2013 has seen Intel do a little price slashing, taking between 4% and 26% off the price tag of 31 processors, mostly mobile models. The only desktop chips that got a cut (between 9% and 11%) were three low-power Haswell-based chips, namely the Core i7-4770R, i5-4670R and i5-4570R.

On the mobile front we have lower prices for a trio of high-end quad-cores (i7-4960HQ/5% cut, i7-4950HQ/5% cut, i7-4850HQ/7% cut) as well as for a multitude of Celeron CPUs based on the Ivy Bridge, Haswell and Bay Trail architectures. The full list of price cuts is available in the table below.

Old 30-12-13   #2
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Re: Intel Lowers Prices of Multiple Core and Celeron Processors

Duh ... hardly any price cut at all. As far as the desktop processors go - the prices are more or less the same. Some years back the prices of desktop processors used to fall sharply over time but not any more. Intel has a near monopoly in desktop processors now with AMD unable to effectively compete. Hence Intel no longer feels the need to cut prices substantially.
Fenix, Hitesh12 and aftabali297 like this.
Old 30-12-13   #3
teh zeuS!

Fenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly Admirable

I remember those days, AMD hexacore and Octacore`s are no match for the quad cores that Intel is making. And in todays world,Intel is competing with none other than itself.
Hitesh12 and aftabali297 like this.
Fenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-13   #4
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
in todays world,Intel is competing with none other than itself.
Exactly. It's all due to the nature of the X86 licensing. At one time I had great hopes that Microsoft will come out with a good Windows OS for ARM chips in order to break the Intel monopoly on Desktops/laptops. Sadly, Microsoft came out with the Frankenstein called Windows RT which was doomed to fail from day one. It was neither good on Desktops/laptops or even on tablets.

The Intel people must have been dancing with joy when they saw the Windows RT preview.
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-13   #5
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed

So the almost top end mobile processors found in upwards of $2000 laptops got the biggest price cuts - $34 and the low end Celerons got a $11?

AMD, you watching yet?
Old 30-12-13   #6
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Bazinga!

Dante is very Notable

From the past couple of generations there have been no drop in price of old gen with the launch of new gen. There's usually just a difference of ~ 500 bucks between corresponding models. This is really disappointing . I was expecting AMD will at least try again with there steamroller CPUs but i think they are just content with APUs for now.
Dante is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-13   #7
teh zeuS!

Fenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly Admirable

AMD is getting its share from the Console Marque and ATI.
Moreover the GPU devision is churning out money due to Bitcoin mining.
Fenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply