Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Cooling and Overclocking
Register Forgot Password?

Old 04-03-10   #1
teh priesT!
[E]onian
drinking duff to stay tuff

Insane Rig!

At its core the system is operating on a SuperMicro X8DTH-6F-O motherboard with dual Xeon W5550s and a modest 48GB of ECC DDR3-1333 memory (PS34G13ER-E). Harnessing the power of 40 256GB Patriot TorqX SSDs strung together with five LSI Mega-Raid SAS PCI-E cards, the system is able to produce a sustained 155,000 IOPS/s.

A unique example of just how powerful this setup is as explained by the Patriot reps while a typical Blu-Ray video may take 2-3 hours to rip on a regular PC, the Patriot system can do this in 0.9 seconds.
Source
:discobanana:
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10   #2
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Scorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly Admirable
Re: Insane Rig!

Holy tian !!!
Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10   #3
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

IshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly Famed

OMFG 0.9 seconds!! holy mother of crap

I love the red cables... looks like rapunzel's hair..
IshanSaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10   #4
Heligoland
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Hibernating.

SidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly Famed

^^
It'll probably take a day in ur pc

I was commenting on the absurdity of the assumption that Mario>Freeman

To qualify my statement - Mario is an Italian immigrant plumber who spends his life chasing a dame who refuses to let him bang her.

Freeman is a physicist who saves the world (multiple times) with a crowbar. And he manages to get Alyx Vance to fall in love with him without needing mushrooms, stars or jumping on enemies.
SidK!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10   #5
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

IshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly Famed

Originally Posted by SidK!! View Post
^^
It'll probably take a day in ur pc
a day is a gross understatement my friend, that is *if* I ever get a bluray burner
Old 04-03-10   #6
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

stonedsurd is extremely Renowned
stonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by Ryunosuke View Post
Source
:discobanana:
The Patriot reps sound like they're talking out of their asses. Even the maximum throughput on the SATA bus from the blu-ray drive would not allow the contents of an entire 1080p movie to be ripped in under a second.
stonedsurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10   #7
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
The Patriot reps sound like they're talking out of their asses. Even the maximum throughput on the SATA bus from the blu-ray drive would not allow the contents of an entire 1080p movie to be ripped in under a second.
that's what I was thinking.... I mean wth.. there is no single optical drive capable of those mad speeds!!
maybe its supposed to be minutes or hours?

A guy posted this:
They probably aren't referring to a Blu-Ray at all. It's probably just a loose mathematical calculation regarding the "average size" for a Blu-Ray disc and comparing it to the speed of the system. I doubt that BRDisc was involved in this at all.
this might very well be true
Post New Thread  Reply