Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Reviews & Previews
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Comment

Article Tools Search this Article
"Injustice: Gods Among Us" for Android and IOS Review
Date: 21-11-13
Topic: Reviews & Previews
Author: Nikunj R

Index
Home 

After making a pretty fair remark on the consoles, Injustice: Gods Among Us makes its debut on iOS and Android platforms. This game brings a somewhat new arcade game-play experience to the handhelds.

This game was available for iOS devices for quite a few days now, but it has also finally made its appearance onto the Play Store

Developer: NetherRealm Studios
Publisher: Warner Bros.
Release Date: April 3, 2013 (iOS), Fall 2013 (Android)
Price: Free (with Micro Transactions)

Play Store (for Android Devices) : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...goog.injustice
App Store (for iOS Devices) : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/inju...us/id575658129

Alright, lets get going with the review. First things first, this game isn't a full fighting game like its counter-part on the consoles. But if tapping and sweeping across the screen isn't a problem for you, this game is pretty promising. The character movements in-game are automatic, all you have to do is just tap/sweep the screen to hit the opponent. But wait, in spite all of these features, the game is kind of addictive.

Graphics and Visuals

After playing games like Dead Trigger 2, Real Racing 3, Asphalt 8 and other graphics intense game, I won't call this game a 'visual treat'. But still the graphics are decent and the constant camera shaking according to the movements on-screen holds onto your attention.

Although the graphics and the visuals are somewhat good, watching the combos and the movements of the characters gets tad repetitive.

Coming to the in-game menu and loading screen visuals, your eyes are treated with a collection of your favourite DC comics characters' images.

The game isn't a small game either. Due to its huge amount of card collections aka character collections and the number of battles to play, this game sums itself to around 1.4 GB.

There isn't any option to change the graphics quality. Playing this game on Note II has been a delightful experience. I didn't notice any lag/stuttering/fps drop issue anywhere in the game.

Gameplay

When you play the game for the first time, like in any fighting game, you are made to play the tutorial covering every basics on how to play the game. All the instructions are on screen and easy to understand.

In this game, you are relieved of the floating D-Pad and the remaining virtual joystick buttons. As mentioned above, the characters 'auto-move' themselves next to their opponent. The controls are very simple - tap for light attack, swipe to heavy attack, swipe two fingers down and hold to block. You can chain the light attacks into combos, but you can't chain light attacks with heavy attacks and vice-versa, which was a bummer for me because it makes the game dull and repetitive.

Coming to the in-game UI elements, you always fight the battles in the form of a tag-team i.e. 3vs3. As you can see on the top left side you have 3 thumbnails, tapping on which brings out the corresponding character switching with the present on screen character. Switching the characters are beneficial in various aspects, some characters tend to heal themselves and some tend to gain power from their opponent tag-outs.

Above shown is the upgrade menu you get after tapping a specific character card. There are 3 types of special moves, out of which i managed to unlock only till the 2nd tier. However, you can get a glimpse of the 3rd tier special move aka the 'super move' in the tutorial mode itself (IMO the best thing the game).

Here's a glimpse of Sinestro's Super move (Oh BTW that is Superman who is going to get squished )

Lets talk about in-app purchases. The in-game currency is one of the best aspect of the game. Unlike other games which have 2 types of currencies - one for the "special or you need to buy this with real money" upgrades and one for lousy easy upgrades, this game has only one currency which gets a huge thumbs-up from my side. However, similar to other games, you can get extra amount of this currency with the real moolah obviously. Except for that, every upgrade can be bought with the game currency.

There are around 38 characters as of yet to unlock in the game and yes, all can be bought by the same currency.

Verdict

Overall Injustice : Gods Among Us is a very appealing game. Although for impatient people the game can get a little boring since there are no dynamic combos or mechanism, and it keeps getting tougher battle by battle. At some points of the game, it might get frustrating (at least it got me frustrated) because some opponents become too tough to beat.

Pros:
  1. It is a freemium game.
  2. It has many number of battles to fight.
  3. It has many characters to unlock.
  4. All upgrades and support cards can be bought by the in-game currency.
Cons:
  1. Gets repetitive as we move along.
  2. No local or online multiplayer.
  3. No freestyle combos.
  4. Lack of a solid story.

RATING: 6/10

Oh ya here's Superman who got squished!

Index
Home 

Tools
Add to nikthegr8's Karma
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
By ManISinJpr ♦ 22-11-13
Re: "Injustice: Gods Among Us" for Android and IOS Review

Superman got squished !!
Then I am never gonna play this EVER !!

But a very nice article and review mate..
By nikthegr8 22-11-13

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Superman got squished !!
Then I am never gonna play this EVER !!

But a very nice article and review mate..
hehe
By vijayninel 22-11-13

I thought PC games were getting too big, and this mobile game is 1.4 GB ?

Anyway, thanks for the great reiview nik. Enjoyed reading it.
By nikthegr8 22-11-13

thank you
By uniquegamer 22-11-13

^I remember those days when we used to play pc games less than 1.44mb(stored in a floppy) in the dos like wolfenstein 3d. Now mobiles games are over the size of 1.4gb.
Nicely written review.
By nikthegr8 22-11-13

Ya mobile games' sizes are becoming insanely large by the day!! Call of Duty Strike Team is of 1.87gb
By DaRampage 22-11-13

You have reviewed this game very nicely, covering all aspects of the game. Nice work.

Had played this game and deleted it within a week. I would give the game 1.5/5. The only thing good was those loading screen visuals. Size is totally unacceptable for me for a game which only has one control of swiping the screen.
By csunit37 ♦ 22-11-13

Great review Niku. +Reps.
Coming to the game, one of the worst mobile games I've ever played. Even Man of Steel was slightly better than this. The power credits are so hard to earn. Almost impossible to unlock some characters. Spend 3000INR if you want to unlock the trio of Superman, Batman and Joker.
And wait for 10-15 minutes after every fight to recharge your players or you can spend real money again to skip waiting time. Totally not worth downloading 1.5GB. The only thing good about the game is the 1min intro video and the sound.

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
I thought PC games were getting too big, and this mobile game is 1.4 GB ?
PC games now take 25-30GB space
I remember downloading 1MB games on my Nokia s40.. Asphalt was 2MB in size back then
The biggest mobile games I guess are "The Dark Knight Rises" and "Modern Combat 4". Both 1.8GB
Last edited by csunit37; 22-11-13 at 11:24 PM..
By nikthegr8 23-11-13

Lol my first review is on a phail game!! What a bummer xD
By realandR3cys 23-11-13

Terrific review Nikunj! All points covered. Though i may argue that fighting games don't need good story to move along, as we always tend to concentrate more on the characters. That's why SF/MK games are so popular, even though the story mode is boring

The Ultimate Edition retail for PC is already it's way into India.
By nikthegr8 23-11-13

Originally Posted by realandR3cys View Post
Terrific review Nikunj! All points covered. Though i may argue that fighting games don't need good story to move along, as we always tend to concentrate more on the characters. That's why SF/MK games are so popular, even though the story mode is boring

The Ultimate Edition retail for PC is already it's way into India.
thanks ya I also agree story isn't such a necessity but the new MK had a pretty good story imo
By realandR3cys 23-11-13

Originally Posted by nikthegr8 View Post
thanks ya I also agree story isn't such a necessity but the new MK had a pretty good story imo
True that
By klk 25-09-14

thinking to download it for pc
By Penny 21-05-15

I played this on a PS4. I haven't tried it on mobile though.
Post New Article  Comment
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search