Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 29-08-08   #1
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

India's cheapest laptop to cost Rs 14,999

Zenith Computers Ltd [Get Quote], one of the largest manufacturers of personal computers in India, on Thursday launched the nation's lowest-priced laptop, preloaded with Microsoft OS, at Rs 14,999.
The company also launched a desktop at Rs 11,999 in Mumbai. It comes loaded with Windows Vista or XP Home Edition.
The new laptop and desktop, launched under the brand name EcoStyle, will be available across India in time for the festive season.
Zenith's chain of 800 authorised dealers and 350 exclusive showrooms will stock these computers. The announcement, made by Raj Saraf, chairman and managing director, Zenith Computers; and Ravi Venkatesan, chairman, Microsoft India, is an effort by the companies to further their initiatives in the affordable computing space.
The company said that the EcoStyle laptop is ideal for youth as it is quie trendy. The laptop is Net-enabled and comes preloaded with the Microsoft productivity suite.
The EcoStyle PC will give the customer an option of choosing Windows Vista Starter or Microsoft Windows XP Home.
The portability of the PC makes it convenient for professionals to carry it whenever they need to -- it weighs just 2.2 kg and has dimensions of 185mm x 250 mm x 70 mm. The desktop will also come preloaded with the Microsoft productivity suite.
Bringing together ease of use and professional performance, the EcoStyle PC is ideal for small office or home offices owners.
The company said that in addition to the portability and the relevant content, both the computers have an added advantage of reduced power consumption due to a smaller screen size. One an average, they consume 30% less power.
On the occasion of the launch, Saraf said, "This initiative is a part of our continuous effort to foster advanced and hassle free computing experience. The initial Rs 10,000 PC was launched with much fanfare, however it failed to perform. With the EcoStyle PC, Zenith is bringing a true low-cost PC which underlines performance and affordability for the consumers."
Meanwhile, Venkatesan said that "under the Microsoft Unlimited Potential initiative, our effort is to bring sustained social and economic opportunity to people who currently don't enjoy the benefits of technology. Our aim is to propel a wider acceptance for IT amongst the masses by extending an opportunity to learn, connect, create, and succeed by combining advanced technologies and relevant partnerships."

http://www.rediff.com/money/2008/aug/28laptop.htm
idea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-08   #2
ਦਿਲ ਆਪਣਾ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ !!!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I don't wanna set any status..

Rig Gallery

vasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Great
Re: India's cheapest laptop to cost Rs 14,999

WOW Two Zenith laptops < Iphone 3g

What an idea si ji !
Intel Core i5 3550s | Asus P8B75-V | GSkill 8GB DDR3 CL7 1333MHz | MSI 660Ti Power Edition | Wetern Digital Green 2TB | Intel 330 128GB SSD | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo | Corsair TX650V2 | CM Gladiator 600 | Logitech G500 | Steelseries QcK Mass | Logitech Z506 | Samsung 40EH5000 LED TV
vasishta.sushant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-08   #3
Let me be honest !
Banned

MaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly Dreadful

Its a via C7 proccy based laptop ... good only for browsing and stuff

"Genius is one per cent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration. Accordingly, a 'genius' is often merely a talented person who has done all of his or her homework." - Thomas A Edison
MaxAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-08   #4
Heligoland
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Hibernating.

SidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly Famed

Howd dey put vista in a 15k laptop!!!!!!Whats the config??
SidK!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-08   #5
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
ROROROROROORORO'

M@J!NBuu~ is highly AdmirableM@J!NBuu~ is highly AdmirableM@J!NBuu~ is highly AdmirableM@J!NBuu~ is highly AdmirableM@J!NBuu~ is highly Admirable

Damn cheap !

DESHI DESHI BASARA BASARA !!!
M@J!NBuu~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-08   #6
the rocK!
[E]onian
Nordic

Rig Gallery

Rockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly Famed

Sp what else can be done on a laptop? Ah watching HD and mild gamin?
Originally Posted by MaxAxe View Post
i5 4440 - H81 - 4X2 GB - 128 GB SSD - R7 240 - L42ET60D / S2240L - 3 TB - TinAudio T2 - M40X - FiiO E10 - Kali Audio LP6/Swans M50 W - Anker Spirit X - JBL Flip 4 - Xonar DX - Fenvi WiFi/BT 5 - VS350 - Carbide 400R
Rockfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-08   #7
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

idea is highly Admirableidea is highly Admirableidea is highly Admirableidea is highly Admirableidea is highly Admirableidea is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by vasishta.sushant View Post
WOW Two Zenith laptops < Iphone 3g

What an idea si ji !

Originally Posted by MaxAxe View Post
Good for business people who is on the move .... it is just 2.2 kg...
Originally Posted by sidk View Post
Howd dey put vista in a 15k laptop!!!!!!Whats the config??
not aware of full config.. does anybody know it???
Originally Posted by majinbuu View Post
Damn cheap !
yeah time to get a spare !!
idea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-08   #8
Let me be honest !
Banned

MaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly Dreadful

Originally Posted by ROCKFELLA View Post
Sp what else can be done on a laptop? Ah watching HD and mild gamin?
Yeah if you call solitaire.. gaming ..and 480p HD ...
MaxAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply