Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Do you think It is a good idea to have a low priced, low feature Nexus One for India
Yes 11 61.11%
No 7 38.89%
Dont know / Cant say 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-10   #1
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
India May Get Special Low Cost Nexus One

India May Get Special Low Cost Nexus One

Nexus One to have fewer features in India

The much-hyped Google's smartphone Nexus One may soon see its India launch. However, according to a Web reports, it will not be the power-packed Nexus One, but a slimmed down version of the Google Android-powered phone.

According to online reports, Google is working on an edition of Google Nexus One for the developing markets like India and Russia that is likely to lack some of the features of the version being sold in the international markets. The Indian model's pricing is also likely to be less vis-a-vis Nexus One's international pricing.

After an editorial meeting with the Managing Director of Google India, Shailesh Rao and Gaurav Bhaskar, Global Communications & Public Affairs Manager at Google India, Ankit Vengurlekar, Anchor and Producer at CNBC TV In India informed the world on his Twitter account that

“Nexus One will not come to India in its US avatar, the India specific Google Phone may be a stripped down version and priced lower!”

In January, Google launched its new smartphone Nexus One that it sells directly to consumers. Dubbed as "superphone" by Google, the phone aims to challenge the likes of Apple, Blackberry and Nokia.

On looks front, Nexus One measures 119mm (H) X 59.8mm (W) X 11.5mm (D), and weighs 130 grams. Featuring a 3.7-inch (9.4 centimeter) AMOLED touchscreen display, the phone has been designed in partnership with Taiwan's HTC Corp. HTC also made the first Android-powered phone. The `pencil-thin' Nexus One offers a 5 megapixel camera (with auto focus, a 2x digital zoom and LED flash) and video recording at 20fps (720 x 480). On memory front, Nexus One packs 512MB Flash, 512MB RAM and 4GB Micro SD Card which can be expanded to 32 GB.

Source: India may not get power-packed Nexus One!-Telecom-News-Indiatimes - Infotech , Nexus One in India comes with fewer features and in France on Internet only | Ub News
Old 08-03-10   #2
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable
Re: India May Get Special Low Cost Nexus One

not a bad idea. but i want the full blown version too. please pretty please :'(
baba doga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10   #3
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
Diabolical like Biz Markie

Cyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply Great

I want a full blown version minus 3G because that's what we lack here.

Cyn1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10   #4
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
In search for perfect Coffee

Rig Gallery

d@rK nEmEsIs is highly Reputabled@rK nEmEsIs is highly Reputabled@rK nEmEsIs is highly Reputable

Which would be stripped down completely!!

Money is not everything in life, but make sure to make a hell lot of it, before you speak such nonsense!!

d@rK nEmEsIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10   #5
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

No biased phone for me, either a full feature phone or nothing at all.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10   #6
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Alls well that ends in hell

montylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirable

it's a sensible decision considering iPhone's failure (and thus no 3GS love for India) in India. But yeah we geeks will always want the full blown version.

montylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10   #7
iEvangelist
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Even the "Superphone" has its fair share of annoying as hell problems.

A stripped version will be worse.

I call #fail.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10   #8
Heligoland
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Hibernating.

SidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly Famed

Let's just wait before we whine

I was commenting on the absurdity of the assumption that Mario>Freeman

To qualify my statement - Mario is an Italian immigrant plumber who spends his life chasing a dame who refuses to let him bang her.

Freeman is a physicist who saves the world (multiple times) with a crowbar. And he manages to get Alyx Vance to fall in love with him without needing mushrooms, stars or jumping on enemies.
SidK!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10   #9
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

i feel that the buying power, and the people who buy such phones would buy em for the features. because they understand em. They arent gonna be happy with a stripped down version.. unless its really light on the pocket... Otherwise... grey market is your shop...
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10   #10
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

IshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly Famed

If you want the full version, buy it. If you don't have 27k buy this one. Simple, I don't think why any phone will be a bad idea. For all we know, it'll cost 20k and will not have 3G. Which although a fail, will sale like hot cakes here because of the I have money, I need to show off factor here. If I buy another phone, it'll be with 3G because lets face it, 3G is here, and it'll be here in full blow in a couple of months or maybe a year or two at max.
IshanSaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10   #11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Cyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply Great

Originally Posted by IshanSaluja View Post
If you want the full version, buy it. If you don't have 27k buy this one. Simple, I don't think why any phone will be a bad idea. For all we know, it'll cost 20k and will not have 3G. Which although a fail, will sale like hot cakes here because of the I have money, I need to show off factor here. If I buy another phone, it'll be with 3G because lets face it, 3G is here, and it'll be here in full blow in a couple of months or maybe a year or two at max.
No! 9th April has been set as the date for 3G Auctions in India. Then each provider will take its own time to get the service in place. I don't mind lack of 3G coz in India, I don't see the sense in using it. I'd anyway buy a full feature-set model coz I can't live with this sub-standard stuff.
Old 08-03-10   #12
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

IshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly Famed

Originally Posted by Cyn1c View Post
No! 9th April has been set as the date for 3G Auctions in India. Then each provider will take its own time to get the service in place. I don't mind lack of 3G coz in India, I don't see the sense in using it. I'd anyway buy a full feature-set model coz I can't live with this sub-standard stuff.
This will be the third time the date for auctions has been set. What makes you so certain the Govt. will go through?
Old 08-03-10   #13
Pat
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
RIP SJ!

Pat is highly ReputablePat is highly ReputablePat is highly ReputablePat is highly Reputable

Tenders have already been invited and seems like a more concrete plan this time somehow. Retail 3G services expected to be available around September. Something tells me its gonna happen this time!
iPod Nano 4 GB

Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
yeah PAT .. we are all biased ... we love MS ... so what ...
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10   #14
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by Pat View Post
Tenders have already been invited and seems like a more concrete plan this time somehow. Retail 3G services expected to be available around September. Something tells me its gonna happen this time!
Lets see... I'm waiting for mnp as well
Old 08-03-10   #15
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by IshanSaluja View Post
This will be the third time the date for auctions has been set. What makes you so certain the Govt. will go through?
Because the news was all over the internet. After many delays, it was finally concluded that 9th April will the final date. With AT & T eying things here, it's kinda hard to keep pushing dates.
Post New Thread  Reply