Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Gaming Zone > x Gaming
Register Forgot Password?

Old 27-03-12   #121
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Re: India Gaming Carnival - Real or Scam ?

Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Vijay, I understand your concern, but actually going as far as showing someone's financial holdings online in an open forum is not done. There may be nothing legally wrong, but ethically I don't feel it is right. Also bashing someone on the basis of your thoughts on a future event is kind of pointless. If it fails you can say I told you so, but if it is even half if what they want to achieve you will lose credibility yourself. I have learnt through tough experiences never to bet on future "events" and to remain neutral to them. Baki I leave it to you to decide
spreading awareness is not a bad thing.
lots of people were/are planning to come from different parts of India to attend this tournament.

they should know these facts,also they can make up their own minds about it.its not like anyone is forcing anyone to not attend this tournament.

and although i do hope this tournament goes through and is a success - IGC definitely needs transparency and better PR / management.
(assuming that they are not all out scamming / money laundering)
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 27-03-12   #122
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

Interesting thread.. came across and read it now... Nice observations there vijay, must commend you for that.

Though what i would like to share, is that if they are doing something for the first time, a humble and honest approach would've been the best. Going overboard with the figures, prizes, attendance everything, it comes across as trying too hard to get attention.

What would've worked really, would've been a honest, hardcore setup. With the emphasis being on setup. On the communication to the masses and the wordings used.

Im sure we wont have 20,000 gamers all over the country for a lan party event even if we wanted to. 5000-8000 is more like the realistic figure. And 10% of that is what should've been targeted.

You can get a business loan, in Black from a private financier, but then if its a construction company thats associated with them, Im sure they will have ways and means of securing the same.

Bottom line - A humble approach, whether being appreciated or criticized, works best. And gives the best results as well.. Since the ones appreciating will surely come back for a second time, and the ones criticizing will come to see purely out of curiousity... ( Damn i should make this a signature )
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12   #123
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by hitman02in View Post
i do hope this tournament goes through and is a success - IGC definitely needs transparency and better PR / management. (assuming that they are not all out scamming / money laundering)
My thoughts exactly.

Everybody, Im not saying that the event is surely a scam. Its just that some things looked shady and I thought I'll get it to you notice. The rest it upto you to decide.

I'm taking a break from the thread. Have some preparations to do before my Banglore trip. Bon Voyage to Greater Noida and do get some snaps for us.
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 27-03-12   #124
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
D3 nightmare

Rig Gallery

mav2000 is extemely Distinguished
mav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguished

Agree with you on that, some parts of it dont look very professional, but then this seems to be a small group of people, so I guess thats bound to happen. Anyway, I guess your intentions were right, but it went a little beyond what I thought was prudent, but then to each his own.
Old 28-03-12   #125
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Huh!!

vindows is highly Admirablevindows is highly Admirablevindows is highly Admirablevindows is highly Admirablevindows is highly Admirablevindows is highly Admirable

Not sure if this has been covered in this thread.
One of the organizing member defends the unreserved venue saying 'The place is owned by the organiser's relative.'
primadog comments on USD 6000 SC2 Tourney in India
Old 28-03-12   #126
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by vindows View Post
Not sure if this has been covered in this thread.
One of the organizing member defends the unreserved venue saying 'The place is owned by the organiser's relative.'
primadog comments on USD 6000 SC2 Tourney in India
I had taken leave from the thread, but since you have posted another claim, I would like to raise some questions on that as well. As far as I know, Ayatti is owned by the Lord Swraj Paul-led Caparo Group. So which organiser is a relative of Swaraj Paul here? I surely cant spot anyone in WTF.

The WTF-IGC site also says that:
Spanning over 21.8 acres at Ayatti a super premium property in Greater Noida.
In this statement, a impression is sought to be given that the IGC will cover 21 acres. Now while Ayatti spans 21 acres, the actual event may be held is a small hall there.

In any case there is some good news from them. WTF have decided to slash the ticket prices, which is probably due to poor response. While the move is practical, well organised events do not alter their ticket prices after sales have started.
vijayninel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-12   #127
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

It looks like a huge carnival. Is it true or fake. Because a carnival like this takes much more effort to organise.
uniquegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-12   #128
teh nuB!

myfan773 is very Respectfulmyfan773 is very Respectful

India Gaming Carnival - Meet The Makers - YouTube!
Old 29-03-12   #129
Banned
Curious Troll! :P

Dave is very HonorableDave is very Honorable

Bah! I just want a change of their FB page. :|
My comments got removed, then suddenly the page got "unlike" by itself and even after liking it again i cannot post or make any comment on its page/status. And if you are wondering about my comments, i merely said 'wtf is definitely wat da fcuk'. O.o
The PR is unprofessional, no? :/
Old 29-03-12   #130
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
figuring out a movie to watch

KrashNBurn is extremely Eminent
KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by K417D View Post
'wtf is definitely wat da fcuk'
i don't like or trust any company that deletes the posts of a customer unless the post is targeted at another customer.

You can run, but you can't hide!

KrashNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-12   #131
teh nuB!
[E]onian

BanditPanda is somewhat of a Mystery

Atleast the folks over at M5 think its genuine enough

HLTV.org - News: M5 attend India Gaming Carnival

https://www.facebook.com/MoscowFive/...58253400885037
Old 29-03-12   #132
Neo[t]
[E]onian
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly Famed

Moscow Five (M5),on eof the top teams in e-sports....(especially cs) has announced on their site that they are attending India Gaming Carnival...! so i guess this tourney may actually be legit !

M5 attend IGC

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Originally Posted by BanditPanda View Post
Atleast the folks over at M5 think its genuine enough

https://www.facebook.com/MoscowFive/...58253400885037

lol post at same time !
prateekS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-12   #133
Banned
Curious Troll! :P

Dave is very HonorableDave is very Honorable

Originally Posted by krashnburn View Post
i don't like or trust any company that deletes the posts of a customer unless the post is targeted at another customer.
Same here. You guys remember Amarbir, right? He deletes stuffs which he doesnt like in his forum.

Btw, i've told maxaxe about it. Nice page rep.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-12   #134
teh priesT!
[E]onian
BBM on android ;)

aman360elite is very Notable

http://www.hltv.org/news/8371-m5-att...aming-carnival
Thatz some good news now

Acoustics - Logitech Z-2300

My Gaming Armor - Razer Deathadder 3500Dpi
Logitech G510
Siberia V2|Black and Gold

Mouse Glides on - Steel series Qck

HP G6 2005X
AMD A8 Quad Core 1.9Ghz |4GB 1600MHz|500GB HDD|1.5 Dual Graphics(7670M+7640G)
Mobile Devices-HTC ONE X Rooted[RUNNING ARHD 13.0]
aman360elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-12   #135
Neo[t]
[E]onian
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly Famed

Originally Posted by aman360elite View Post
Thatz some good news now
2nd repost
prateekS is online now   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply