Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Gaming Zone > x Gaming
Register Forgot Password?

Old 26-03-12   #106
Lead Lead
Staff
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery
Re: India Gaming Carnival - Real or Scam ?

Gets better and better and better.

Hope this happens and people are not duped out of their money. But if it was up to me, I would not touch this with a 10 foot pole.
prateekS likes this.

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-12   #107
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

As more and more I read about what is happening and how people are responding...
I am sorry to say that I am ashamed that they are creating a bad example and a bad name for gaming and organizing in India and maligning India's name !! in general

ManISinJpr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-12   #108
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
D3 nightmare

Rig Gallery

mav2000 is extemely Distinguished
mav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguished

Only thing I want to ask here is why are we putting him or his company down? How does it matter to us in any way?

Max is part of it so I hope it does well and I also hope it does well for the sake of the gaming community. If that happens well and good, if not, then tough luck for all concerned. What I fail to understand is why we are behind this guys trip? Is there something I am missing?

If I spent a lot of time and effort to start a business/website/hobby I would not like people going to the extent that this thread has, to put me down. (I would probably try to channel this energy to make sure it does better than expected.)

Take a look at what this guy is trying to do. He is trying to bring up gaming in India, which very few people have managed to do. He is working on a dream, without the backing of any major manufacturer. He and his friends have put in money from their own pockets to pay for a lot of things already. If it works its going to be very good. I suggest that if we dont want to support him, then we should not demoralise him either...going into his financials ..etc etc is not a done thing. Are we the paparazzi? Some of the things posted on this thread are really in bad taste. If someone wrote things like this about you, it would really hurt you.

If he does not pull it off, or if it turns out to be a fraud, by all means go after the guy, but for now, I think we should keep things in perspective and not bash a person before he has had a chance to prove himself.

Live and let live ....
Goku, ViKiD, SidK!! and 7 others like this.
Old 26-03-12   #109
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by surengupta17 View Post
I dont know about the playfactory but the other two are owned and run by my two fellow cs mates Chirag and akshay. and too they both came with this thing recently in the end 2011.
Suren, can you call up Chirag and Akshay, ask them if they have been given any such contracts and what plans/resources they have to execute this mega event.
Old 26-03-12   #110
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Kage is highly AdmirableKage is highly AdmirableKage is highly AdmirableKage is highly AdmirableKage is highly AdmirableKage is highly AdmirableKage is highly Admirable

Apparently ads have gone around NCR now with IGcC. Can anyone confirm this?
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-12   #111
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned
Originally Posted by dexterboygenius View Post
Apparently the 1.5 cr is personal wealth of Kushagra .. that is being contributed for this event.

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
Who told you that? Your dear friend ViKiD or personal observation?

Originally Posted by Kage View Post
WTF eventz is the name of the company. Ayati convention center's owner is paying for the event. The supposed 4 crores are coming from him. Sponsor and Organiser are the same! hence the same office
Hope that answers your question..

Beta-2

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-12   #112
Konkey Dong
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

Who told you that? Your dear friend ViKiD or personal observation?
Vijay, just to clear things ON YOUR end, and to stop these "Assumptions" of yours. I am in no way, related to this event, nor do i have any idea about what is going on.

So please try not making this personal.

This comment, somewhat seems like a jab. If there is something you wish to clear up, you can always call me up or hit me up on Gtalk.
Old 26-03-12   #113
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯°□°)

kauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Great

Stop getting your panties in a bunch and maybe have a little faith? This is ****ing annoying, it's becoming like a debate on Times Now with Arnab Goswami being the imbecile that he is.
PC: AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ @ 2.7Ghz - Cooled by OCZ Vendetta 2 - ECS 8200A Motherboard - 4GB DDR2 RAM - XFX Nvidia Gefore 9800GT - 1TB HDD (WD Caviar Blue 640GB + Seagate 500GB) - DVD-RW - Packed in CoolerMaster Elite 335 chassis. Laptop (Dell Studio 15):Intel Core2Duo T8100 - 3GB DDR2 RAM - ATi 4250 HD - 320GB HDD - DVD-RW and the works. Gadgets: iPhone 3GS 32GB - Dell Axim x51v PDA (Up for sale) - Philips VOIP 841 Skype Handset - Logitech Cordless Skype Handset (Up for sale) - Panasonic Lumix TZ7 Camera.

My country! In thy days of glory past
A beauteous halo circled round thy brow and worshipped as a deity thou wast—
Where is thy glory, where the reverence now? Thy eagle pinion is chained down at last,
And grovelling in the lowly dust art thou, Thy minstrel hath no wreath to weave for thee
Save the sad story of thy misery! Well—let me dive into the depths of time
And bring from out the ages, that have rolled, A few small fragments of these wrecks sublime
Which human eye may never more behold
And let the guerdon of my labour be,
My fallen country! One kind wish for thee!
- To my native land by Henry Louis Vivian Derozio
kauffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-12   #114
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
D3 nightmare

Rig Gallery

mav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguished

I think everyone needs to take it easy and let the event happen...
ViKiD and harryneopotter like this.
mav2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-12   #115
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by ViKiD View Post
Vijay, just to clear things ON YOUR end, and to stop these "Assumptions" of yours. I am in no way, related to this event, nor do i have any idea about what is going on.

So please try not making this personal.

This comment, somewhat seems like a jab. If there is something you wish to clear up, you can always call me up or hit me up on Gtalk.
But of course ViKiD. Gaurav was telling us earlier that he seeks your opinion in these matters, so I thought that you might have helped him form an opinion on this. There was nothing personal in the comment.

I have no indication that you are connected with this event. I surely will call you up whenever I want to clarify anything.

-------------------------------------------------

@mav2000 I am not trying to put down this contest because I have some grudge against this newly formed entity. We all would like that such gaming events happen here in India , however if the event falls far short of what was promised then it will cause much damage to organised gaming in India and the credibility of the Indian gaming community outside India as well. Such an occurrence could also cause major difficulties to anyone else trying to organise similar events in the future because people once bitten are twice shy.

I believe that we do have valid doubts based on empirical facts and have not received satisfactory answers from the sponsors . In such a case, I think its our duty to caution fellow gamers about the doubts that we have. It's not a question about being negative or positive. It is a question about being realsitic based on facts. Being positive and hopeful without any basis is naive and unrealistic.

In any event, the views expressed on this thread are those of individual members only. Everybody is free to form their own conclusions about the event based on the facts available to them.
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-12   #116
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned
Well... It's just that when you start off with the title as Real or Scam, things tend take an ugly turn. My opinion.

To speculate on the scale and success of such an event is understandable.. One might even be skeptical of the promises of a new entrants.

But let's limit our judgement on this, just yet.

Erodov is a reliable and trusted source for lot of tech enthusiasts and fellow gamers. We can do our best to encourage reasonable caution and preparation...

(scribble scribble)
ManISinJpr and Kage like this.
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-12   #117
Konkey Dong
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

I am not trying to put down this contest because I have some grudge against this newly formed entity. We all would like that such gaming events happen here in India , however if the event falls far short of what was promised then it will cause much damage to organised gaming in India and the credibility of the Indian gaming community outside India as well. Such an occurrence could also cause major difficulties to anyone else trying to organise similar events in the future because people once bitten are twice shy.

Something better than nothing right??

If you look at the number of events taking place, you will surely be shocked. That is if you look a things from a professional gamers perspective. Many a time in the past years, WCG/ESWC have been cancelled. Plus Vixture isn't as grand as it used to be.

Trust me, if this happens, no matter on what scale, it will be a huge contribution.

Plus i dont think "fellow gamers" are buffoons who will just blindly book tickets, specially if they are coming in from other states. Trust me they arent. If you look at the statistics on the past few BYOC Lan Parties as well major tournaments like WCG and ESWC, you will understand what i am trying to say here.

This is feeling like one of those "Shiv Sena" tactics.

Plus i really dont think, erodov is loosing anything because of this event. Not even a penny i guess? Apart from some bandwidth.

Why so hell bent on criticizing something which people here cannot half comprehend or understand. Once this event takes place, and things go south or north or whatever way, there will be so much more time and substantial ground to go on with the ranting.

As far as the credibility of the Indian Gaming community goes, there is none. Specially not any abroad. many Tier 1 teams haven't even heard of our best CS 1.6 clan "ATE".

Also as you said, you have some grudge against them, might i ask why is that grudge so strong so as to deserve this bashing? Did the concerned "Organization" cheat you in some way? Or have they hampered Erodov's reputation is any way?

I just really dont understand the point of all the negativity.

I dont think any major team from Erodov is even taking part there? I guess 99% members wont even bother going there for the exhibits.
harryneopotter likes this.

Last edited by ViKiD; 26-03-12 at 11:53 PM.
ViKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12   #118
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

Vikid, I have many friends who are interested in gaming and I consider it as my duty to caution them if I see something amiss. I know that there are few gaming events here but that shouldn't make you so desperate that you allow unsubstantiated or misleading claims.

I do understand that you and some other members have been close to maxaxe in the past but I hope that is not clouding yout judgement and making you inadvertently become lawyers for IGC here.

Best of luck to you and all the "positive" minded people who are hopeful of a good time at IGC.

Originally Posted by ViKiD View Post
Also as you said, you have some grudge against them,
Dont put words in my mouth. I have never said I have any grudge against them. Try to read what I have previously posted instead of making wild assumptions and allegations.
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12   #119
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
D3 nightmare

Rig Gallery

Vijay, I understand your concern, but actually going as far as showing someone's financial holdings online in an open forum is not done. There may be nothing legally wrong, but ethically I don't feel it is right. Also bashing someone on the basis of your thoughts on a future event is kind of pointless. If it fails you can say I told you so, but if it is even half if what they want to achieve you will lose credibility yourself. I have learnt through tough experiences never to bet on future "events" and to remain neutral to them. Baki I leave it to you to decide
mav2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12   #120
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
to buy or not to buy!

brettie is very Honorablebrettie is very Honorable

What is there to blame Vijay or Erodov about this article. This is free marketing for IGC in my opinion. Who knows even Vijay can be a part of all this... Instead of supporting them by making a AWESOME JOB IGC article, he has started this one. If this is a scam, then vijay would not have encouraged any positive comments about the event. He knows it is going to happen and he wants erodov to be a part of the timeline of pre-IGC and post-IGC.

Not that IGC is any bigger than [E] at the moment. But, this can very well change in due course if the event actually happens and if it does, then it is going to be a massive hit... So, people will come and bash Vijay for this post and again, We at erodov are not going to stop posting here or visiting the forums. Coz [E] is a part of us....

From a gamers point of view, if this happens, this is the best thing to happen. If it doesn't we will wait for something better. Nobody is going to complain about anything.

If the people at IGC are ready to spend 4-5 Cr for gaming, it is their decision or choice or fate... This is going to be like the HUGE gamble in the history of Indian gaming in particular and world gaming next. I really hope this to be a grand success and wish the team all the very best to get things organized in a decent way...

Even if you guys fail, you chose the right path of marketing things by blowing it really out of the sky.. You got the attention and maybe next time you guys might succeed if not now...

I support [E] for the article, as it gives an opportunity to scrutinize people of what they say to the public.. If teens are reading this and try to get confused, it is good for them. This way, they will grow up trying to differentiate facts/false promises... There is nothing wrong to point fingers at something which is not clear. It is the people who are questioned to clarify themselves as this involves many youngsters dream, maybe small or big but a dream event!!!

Thought of writing more but what the hell.. I couldn't go and i wish all you mother ****ers who go there, have a bad diarrhea... :@
thebanik, BULLZI, sato1986 and 4 others like this.
brettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply