Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Gaming Zone > x Gaming
Register Forgot Password?

Old 24-03-12   #76
Konkey Dong
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Lawlz?

Re: India Gaming Carnival - Real or Scam ?

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
I dont know .. 20,000 is not my number. I was taking the organisers (best case?) number and seeing how it worked out. Yes you could make 1 crore/200 computers if the 20000 gamers registered. lets hope it turns out that way.

BTW are all the tickets sold online only or can you buy them on the venue as well?
No idea about that.

But looking at past events, there should be on the spot registrations. Not many gamers register/pay online... plus the whole shady event business.
Old 24-03-12   #77
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

This is an example of a seating plan that BYOC gives :

This one is for 128 computers.

Old 24-03-12   #78
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

kushagra is Mysterious

Dear Vijay,

As promised, i am here to clarify all your doubts.

** There are always two types of people. One who always curse about things not being up to the mark and others, who step up and takes the responsibility of making things better than everyone's expectations. Please be a self-judge about which type of person you are.

As quoted by Mr. Vijay, "the scale of the planned event and the claims made are making me question them", i seriously wonder why is he questioning. Would it have been any "Big Brand" presents "India Gaming Carnival 2012", everyone would have been very happy. But the fact that i am investing my own money and doing this event is making people itching their head. We did try for sponsors. But every CEO & CFO of all the big brands DONT BELIEVE IN THE GAMING COMMUNITY OF INDIA. With a population of over 30 Cr of youths, nobody took their participation in the biggest Gaming Carnival of India seriously.
And to top up all these CEOs and CFOs, every other Forum from somewhere are pin-pointing the same instead of supporting it. Who are you guys supporting? The ones who never believed in you or the one who instead of all this, is taking step for a revolution in the gaming industry.

To quote Mr. Vijay again, "I have seen some small gaming events in India and even helped a bit in some lan parties, so I know these things are very expensive, loss making and difficult to pull off even on a small scale." I wonder why anyone is actually wondering that when, someone is actually doing something as big as giving a prize money of Rs. 1.5 Cr, he is well prepared for taking few blows if it goes into a loss (which it will not).

To quote my friend again, "Infact there were only 230,000 visitors for the Beijing Olympics and when 100,000 tourists were to Delhi for the 2010 commonweath games, then it was said there are not enough hotels to house them, transport for them or guides to show them around." My target audience is not all people coming from outside. The population of Delhi NCR (including New Delhi, Noida, Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Greater Noida) has a population of over 3 Cr. I am just targeting just 1% of the total population to come to the Biggest Gaming Carnival of India. And this optimistic figure doesnt include thousands coming from different parts of the Country and another thousands coming from all over the world. Even if i reach 60% of my target numbers, i am still making the biggest numbers for any event in India. I don't think i am talking non-sense here.
And to achieve this, i already have 47 hoardings in New Delhi, 2 metro routes totally covered though the banners of India Gaming Carnival and all schools and colleges and different educational institutions covered. I think its good enough marketing strategy. And this excludes, my exploding radio campaign, TV commercials, Live media advertisements and many other mediums.

My friend also says, "Gaming is not an established form of entertainment or proven crowd puller in India. In this scenario I wonder how the organisers will come up with the declared amount." For the total prize money, i have already kept aside the total prize money and even revealed the Bank Guarantee of a much higher amount to all International Teams. Many of them, being convinced are coming to India for the very first time. I think its one big feat too.

My Friend also says, that we dont have experience in organizing the Games. Removing my experience from the equation, what will you have to say when i say i am about to give contracts for Game Management to the best companies in this business; Playfactory, Game Orbit & Game Ministry to name a few. I believe you surely cant question their experience.

For pulling sch an event, all i need is your support instead of criticizing me. We are doing the Biggest gaming Carnival of India. If you cant help me in any way, all i request you all is not to be pessimistic about me.

I am writing this post only to remove few baseless doubts arising in all your minds. This is my first and final post as organizing an event of such high scale hardly leaves me with any time. And my only request to you Mr. Vijay is to please stop sending all these mails to my core working teams including my ticketing partner Zomato. You are not helping me in any way Mr. Vijay but are only creating unwanted problems for me. If you cant support me, at least dont criticize me.

For any other query, every one can either visit us at our office in Noida (Delhi) or can call us for free at 1800 - 102 - 0106.

Thanks and Regards,

Kushagra
WTF Eventz
India Gaming Carnival.
ViKiD and Kundya like this.
kushagra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-12   #79
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned

^^ Even with all the money you plan to throw into this .. You should probably realize that Money != Success

Originally Posted by kushagra View Post
And my only request to you Mr. Vijay is to please stop sending all these mails to my core working teams including my ticketing partner Zomato. You are not helping me in any way Mr. Vijay but are only creating unwanted problems for me. If you cant support me, at least dont criticize me.
And you wonder why people are so pessimistic ..

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-12   #80
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Don't You Worry Child

z3r094 is very Notable

On the spot reg also available i guess

Zowie AM-GS , Logitech Mx518 , Razer Goliathus Alpha Control , Steelseries 5hv2 Black With USB Soundcard
z3r094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-12   #81
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Dr. Hellboy

hell is very Respectfulhell is very Respectful

Originally Posted by Xeo View Post
Our clan just cancelled plans to go to the IGC.
Partly due to our 5th member's car being so banged up he had to spend 75k on it ( )
and partly due to us not being prepared.
and maybe a teeny bit due to the controversies surrounding the whole thing

Xeo likes this.

Q. If your canoe is in a tree with its headlights on, how many pancakes does it take to get to the moon?
A. None. Snakes don't have armpits.

Core2Quad Q8400 @2.66Ghz
Nvidia Gt 220 1GB GDDR3
4GB DDR2 @800 Mhz
hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-12   #82
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Kage is highly AdmirableKage is highly AdmirableKage is highly AdmirableKage is highly AdmirableKage is highly AdmirableKage is highly AdmirableKage is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
Who are "these guys" Who was promised what by whom? Why are there no genuine sponsors till now? Why are the sponsors and organisers sharing the same office space ? They are just throwing around wild figures without any basis at all.
WTF eventz is the name of the company. Ayati convention center's owner is paying for the event. The supposed 4 crores are coming from him. Sponsor and Organiser are the same! hence the same office. Obviously I'm not lawyering from them, I have only news from a friend who went and personally checked them out.

That being said, this might completely not happen. I don't live in Delhi anymore, else I would have gone there and verified everything myself. You can either be negative or be hopeful, I think it's nicer to be latter. I spoke to the people at Zomato (I was a part of them before), from my understanding the money is reimbursed if the event doesn't happen. Zomato won't screw around because they are only the ticketing event partner not the organiser.

Your prize was sent to you twice through two different courier companies, however both of them returned it saying there was no such address. We cant help it if the address you give is incorrect or is untraceable. I even asked you to pick it up locally from @200mph but you didnt pick them up. All the remaining participants confirmed that they received the prizes.
Look I'm not holding any grudges. I find it hard to understand how if all my credit card companies, airtel bills and electricity bills reach the same address given, the headphones alone couldn't make it.

I had called 200mph a few times, the first time there was a returned parcel which was broken it seems. Second time he said he would get it in stock. Third time he didn't pick up. I didn't follow up thereafter. There is no way the address is incorrect or untraceable :-). but it's ok, I have long forgotten about this.

Secondly, we didnt ask you to pay any fees in order to participate in our contest. It was a free for all and all our contests have been free to enter. These people are asking you to pay in advance. Also our sponsors if any are always clearly listed and reachable. That is not the case here.
Most contests internationally have a pay in. The prize money is higher too. I don't see why anyone is so worked about this. What is wrong is probably the various (read confusing) rates of entry for different games and shit. So there you are right.

Let's see, I booked my tickets to Delhi, if anyone's coming there, would be great to see you guys there.
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-12   #83
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Ah .. I will respond to Director kushagra tomorrow or on Monday with a longish post. His reply not only does not answer my previous questions but creates several new ones let me kill some bots now ...
SEB47 likes this.
vijayninel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-12   #84
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Kage is highly AdmirableKage is highly AdmirableKage is highly AdmirableKage is highly AdmirableKage is highly AdmirableKage is highly AdmirableKage is highly Admirable

Also, I'm the lead admin of the SC2 Facebook group. Everyone is apprehensive. But either we take a chance or don't. Why would we be negative. Though reading maxaxe's response was really sad. You don't write stuff like that when you are part of a community for so long.
Ad1tya, JD666, KrashNBurn and 1 others like this.
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-12   #85
teh priesT!
[E]onian
BBM on android ;)

aman360elite is very Notable

I really dont know If its gonna happen or if its real...but deep down in my heart i soo want this to happen.We need something like this.and if this turns out to be a fake that will push Indian gaming into a shell and affect its growth badly.This will be a big setback :|
aman360elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-12   #86
teh nuB!

BeFair is Mysterious

"My Friend also says, that we dont have experience in organizing the Games. Removing my experience from the equation, what will you have to say when i say i am about to give contracts for Game Management to the best companies in this business; Playfactory, Game Orbit & Game Ministry to name a few. I believe you surely cant question their experience."
----
Talking about these Best companies in business ... I have been attending every national tournament (Dota) ... I am also very much in touch with other games . Apart from Playfactory league .. i dont know any other event organised by playfactory . And the fact that you are mentioning Game orbit and TGM in Best game management companies list itself shows the quality of research that you have done b4 organising an event of this magnitude.

Btw .. I am very excited that india is hosting such a big event .. But my only point is dont mess up things so bad that next time if some1 else tries to do the same .. they shouldnt face the consequences of watever you do now. Anyways , really looking forward to attend IGC and hope to be proven wrong . Cheers.

Regards,
Gamer.
dexbg likes this.
BeFair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-12   #87
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by kushagra View Post
But the fact that i am investing my own money and doing this event is making people itching their head.
@ManISinJpr This is the shareholding pattern I was telling you about. It struck me as odd that director "KUSHAGRA" has only one percent stake in company but claims to be putting crores of his own money in the company. Note that he gives the impression that he alone is putting the money.
JD666 and SEB47 like this.
vijayninel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-12   #88
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

^^ It seems like the Issue Share Capital is 10,000. Which would make Kushagra a 10% Stake holder. Not 1%.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-12   #89
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent

Read again, it is 1%
SEB47 likes this.
MOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-12   #90
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Oh frak. That's what 4 hours of continuously studying tax does to you. :$
Xeo likes this.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply