Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Gaming Zone > x Gaming
Register Forgot Password?

Old 24-03-12   #61
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
figuring out a movie to watch

Re: India Gaming Carnival - Real or Scam ?

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
Ok .. there have been some developments in the past hour. After seeing the evidence given in this thread, WTF Eventz were no longer able to claim that they have any external sponsors. So they have put the following on their facebook page:

prateekS likes this.

You can run, but you can't hide!

KrashNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-12   #62
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Dr. Hellboy

hell is very Respectfulhell is very Respectful

I sense another Metallicaesque situation taking shape .
JD666 likes this.

Q. If your canoe is in a tree with its headlights on, how many pancakes does it take to get to the moon?
A. None. Snakes don't have armpits.

Core2Quad Q8400 @2.66Ghz
Nvidia Gt 220 1GB GDDR3
4GB DDR2 @800 Mhz
hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-12   #63
Konkey Dong
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

Honestly, too good to be true.

As for Xtreme Gaming, well they have ****ed up too many BYOC Lan party's to say anything. For either of the company's its a "STFU and do it for christs sake" scenario.

Now i wonder why no such big events take place in India, oh wait. People don't have time to organize any, since they are just too busy mud slinging :|

In the end, it is the gamers who will end up being hit by all the crap flying around.

Bah, on a personal note, i couldn't care less. Ill be out of this country for my higher education soon... Good quality competitive gaming awaits!

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Originally Posted by modeSEVEN View Post
The guys over at Starcraft 2 India group have been discussing this event for a while now, I'll be posting this link to their group.
Nikunj and people?
prateekS likes this.
Old 24-03-12   #64
Neo[t]
[E]onian
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly Famed

Originally Posted by ViKiD View Post
Honestly, too good to be true.

As for Xtreme Gaming, well they have ****ed up too many BYOC Lan party's to say anything. For either of the company's its a "STFU and do it for christs sake" scenario.

Now i wonder why no such big events take place in India, oh wait. People don't have time to organize any, since they are just too busy mud slinging :|

In the end, it is the gamers who will end up being hit by all the crap flying around.

Bah, on a personal note, i couldn't care less. Ill be out of this country for my higher education soon... Good quality competitive gaming awaits!

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Nikunj and people?
Lucky u !
prateekS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-12   #65
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

Ill be out of this country for my higher education soon... Good quality competitive gaming awaits!
Y u run away and leave us with this? y(o_o)y
Anyway, I still hope that the event occurs.
It will be my first ever gaming tourney as such, will act as good exposure.
GTX580 Twin Frozr II
Silent Pro M700
Tempest 410 Elite
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-12   #66
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

I honestly hope people boycott this event, even if it does happen.

This sort of handling by the "organisers" should be frowned upon.

If this event was in Mumbai, I'd do everything in my power to sabotage it honestly. Mainly due to that pathetic post by MaxAxe.
SEB47, z3r094 and prateekS like this.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-12   #67
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

As for Xtreme Gaming, well they have ****ed up too many BYOC Lan party's to say anything.
I had visited a BYOC event in Delhi once and though things were not quiet perfect there, I noted some of the technical difficulties, expenses and skilled manpower needed to host such a event. However one thing I noted about BYOC was that everybody brought their computers. After all BYOC means Bring Your Own Computer. This way they didnt spend much on computers.

However, at the India Gaming Carnival 2012, the sponsors say that they will supply the computers. If you want you can bring some accessories like keyboards and mice but that is also not entirely necessary. Now the question that has been bothering me is - Where will they get so many computers ?

Let's do some math. The organisers say that "Over 300,000 expected attendees with 20,000 gamers in a period of 3 days." (in the flash banner it say Professional gamers, but lets just say gamers.)

Now if 20,000 gamers are coming to play throughout the day, how many gaming computers will they need? 1000? 2000? 10,000? 20,000? If we assume there are 20,000 gamers and there is one computer per 10 people then 2000 computers will be needed.

Now I wonder where the organisers are planning to get 2000 Gaming computers from? They have two option for this. Either they can hire them or buy them.

I am not aware of any company in New Delhi who can give 2000 Gaming computers on hire. If anyone knows then please let us know as well. Even if the computers are hired from multiple places, I dont think 2000 gaming computers can be hired.

The other option is to buy them in which case one must note that Gaming computers are expensive compared to office computers. Even if purchased in bulk, a decent gaming computer can cost about 50,000 rupees. And if my calculations are correct 2000 x 50000 = Rs 100000000 i.e Rs 10 crore

The organisers of IGC say that they have no sponsors and have "self sponsored" Rs 4 crore. So where does the rest of the money come from? And 10 crore is only for the computers then what about the rest? You need money for the venue, servers, network switches, power supply cables and outlets, furniture, audio systems .. etc etc etc..

The math is just not making sense to me. If the organisers of IGC or anyone else can explain it to me then please do.

Also where so many computers being stored? Is there any layout plan of how the seating will be and how will these be shared by the 20000 users?
Old 24-03-12   #68
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

^ Ummm... that analysis is wrong.

This event and BYOC are two very different events. This is just a showcase highlight event sort of thingy.

The computers needed are only for the Tournament. That will be around 100-150 machines at max (maybe 200? if too many events are going to be held simultaneously? + Consoles (50 at best)). Rest if any other Sponsor/Stall holder needs any, they have to get one on their own.

Come on Vijay, dont look at this from such a layman's perspective. Your way over that. And if your unclear about the whole gaming event concept, or whatever is going on here, why just go ahead and hurl baseless questions. No offense.

Plus the recent BYOC Lan Party's have been a sham. Most top gamers of the county just felt cheated. They were promised something as the prize and give something else. Cash was promised goodies were given of half the value. Not just that, the management has been piss poor since the past 3 times as well. Though this is a totally different story all together.
Kundya likes this.

Last edited by ViKiD; 24-03-12 at 07:19 PM.
ViKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-12   #69
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

@vijayninel, Numbers are generally over-stated in most gaming events in India.

But anyway, They won't have much more than 100 computers, tops. Also, since it's a 3 day event (right?).. the numbers would be cumulative.
Old 24-03-12   #70
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

The computers needed are only for the Tournament. That will be around 100-150 machines at max (maybe 200? if too many events are going to be held simultaneously? + Consoles (50 at best)). Rest if any other Sponsor/Stall holder needs any, they have to get one on their own.

Common Vijay, dont look at this from such a layman's perspective. Your way over that. And if your unclear about the whole gaming event concept, or whatever is going on here, why just go ahead and hurl baseless questions. No offense.
As I said, please do correct me and add any information that you have . So will IGC have 200 computers which will be used by 20k people ? if that is indeed the case then it will be interesting to know the tournament schedule and seating layout.

You know the BYOC people give a map of the seating area much before the event? Is there any such thing here ?
vijayninel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-12   #71
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
As I said, please do correct me and add any information that you have . So will IGC have 200 computers which will be used by 20k people ? if that is indeed the case then it will be interesting to know the tournament schedule and seating layout.
Nope. Do you seriously think, 20000 gamers are actually gonna turn up? That mean 20000 x 500 Rs. (Entry fee/Registration) = Rs. 10,000,000 . Based on this, that's enough money to get a decent amount of computers. Dont you think?
Old 24-03-12   #72
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

^^ Generally, 20000 (if it happens to be so many) become 10000 to 5000 to 2500 in the first few rounds itself. (Knockouts).
Old 24-03-12   #73
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

There aren't even going to be 20000 registrations per se. i may be wrong here.
Old 24-03-12   #74
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

Nope. Do you seriously think, 20000 gamers are actually gonna turn up? That mean 20000 x 500 Rs. (Entry fee/Registration) = Rs. 10,000,000 . Based on this, that's enough money to get a decent amount of computers. Dont you think?
I dont know .. 20,000 is not my number. I was taking the organisers (best case?) number and seeing how it worked out. Yes you could make 1 crore/200 computers if the 20000 gamers registered. lets hope it turns out that way.

BTW are all the tickets sold online only or can you buy them on the venue as well?
vijayninel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-12   #75
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

Our clan just cancelled plans to go to the IGC.
Partly due to our 5th member's car being so banged up he had to spend 75k on it ( )
and partly due to us not being prepared.
SEB47 likes this.
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply