Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Gaming Zone > x Gaming
Register Forgot Password?

Old 10-04-12   #496
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Dr. Hellboy

Re: India Gaming Carnival - Real or Scam ?

Originally Posted by myfan773 View Post
than pm please
pm me too. thx

Q. If your canoe is in a tree with its headlights on, how many pancakes does it take to get to the moon?
A. None. Snakes don't have armpits.

Core2Quad Q8400 @2.66Ghz
Nvidia Gt 220 1GB GDDR3
4GB DDR2 @800 Mhz
hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12   #497
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

dr.sankhadeep is Notable

any updates on cod 4 ??

who won ??? someone please tell me as i was out of town..

dr.sankhadeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12   #498
teh nuB!

c1ph3r is Mysterious

Originally Posted by dr.sankhadeep View Post
any updates on cod 4 ??

who won ??? someone please tell me as i was out of town..
Dude didn't you read any of the discussion going on in the thread. The event was a big fail and probably a scam.

Anyway anyone knows what s***t these idiots are smoking ?
India's Biggest Gaming Carnival Held at Noida

They called it a fairly successful event
c1ph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12   #499
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Hurr durr durr durhurr durr hu

Regranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply Great

Sodomized chairs, tables that are inferior to the ones the chaiwallah here in my locality has in his shop and no bf3 to boot. Real super.
Old 10-04-12   #500
teh nuB!
Spotlight!

knubb3 is Mysterious

BFI nIGC Final Moments

BFI nIGC Last Match Mix Teams

knubb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12   #501
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

thunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirable

^^ This was of Kage's setup right??
|| XandrA-Svr || Intel i7 5820K || ASUS X99 DELUXE || Asus ROG GTX 1080 || Corsair Vengeance LP DDR4 128GB 2400 || Samsung 850 Pro 512G + Samsung 840 Pro 256G@RAID0 || WD 2TB Black + WD Green 3TB || Phanteks Enthoo Luxe || Corsair RM1000 ||

|| XandrA || AMD Ryzen 1800X || ASUS Crosshair VI Hero || Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Gaming || G-Skill Ropjaws Z 64GB DDR4 2800Mhz || Samsung 960 Pro 512G + Samsung 850 Pro 512G || WD 2TB Black || Phanteks Enthoo Evolve || EVGA Supernova 1000W ||

Shared || Logitech G502 RGB || Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red || ASUS ROG PG279Q || Logitech Z213 ||

MediaCenter || Intel Core i7 6700K || Gigabyte GA-Z270N-Gaming 5 || G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR4 3200MHz || Samsung 950 Pro 512GB || FSP Dagger 600W || Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 || DAN Case A4v2 ||

|| Dell Lattitude E7250 || Sony PS Vita || Canon 6D || XBOX One X || PS4 ||
thunder.02dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12   #502
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

dr.sankhadeep is Notable

i checked the ft5 clan facebook page and i saw they are holding rs 5lakh cheque for taking 1st place in cod 4. But some member mentioned that cod4 was cancelled so i am confused

Last edited by dr.sankhadeep; 10-04-12 at 08:14 PM.
dr.sankhadeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12   #503
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
is demotivated to do
absolutely anything!

BLuEBLOODED is highly FamedBLuEBLOODED is highly FamedBLuEBLOODED is highly FamedBLuEBLOODED is highly FamedBLuEBLOODED is highly FamedBLuEBLOODED is highly FamedBLuEBLOODED is highly FamedBLuEBLOODED is highly Famed

Went through the entire thread. Saw those links and Kage's version. M5 too.

Seriously, nothing to say. A lot to say really, but just because ITS SO MUCH to say, I feel there is 'nothing' coming out.

Just one thing to such Eventz: WTF!

http://speedtest.10fastfingers.com/b...m_score_CK.png
Visit the Typing Test and try!

BLuEBLOODED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12   #504
teh nuB!
[E]onian

helion is Notable

Originally Posted by dr.sankhadeep View Post
i checked the ft5 clan facebook page and i saw they are holding rs 5lakh cheque for taking 1st place in cod 4. But some member mentioned that cod4 was cancelled so i am confused
Let them deposit the cheque in their bank. If it bounces, lodge a complaint of 420 etc. I hope some Indian participants take that route.
ViKiD likes this.
helion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12   #505
teh nuB!
Plz don't call me nuB!

RD274 is Mysterious

Can't say for COD4. But some AGNI clan was claiming that they won the BF3 tourney too. They claim to have been given a cheque of 1.5L (was it?) too.
RD274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12   #506
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

Lol Agni is a clan filled with IGC supporters (for what reason I have no idea)
All the players in Agni have been told to say stuff like that.
To my knowledge only 1 BF3 was held and that was courtesy of Akshat Rathee and Robins Gupta (two of the best things that ever happened to Indian BF scene)
GTX580 Twin Frozr II
Silent Pro M700
Tempest 410 Elite
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-12   #507
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

There you go. India Gaming Carnival - Deconstruction of a Failed Scam
Kage, avi, z3r094 and 3 others like this.
Old 11-04-12   #508
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned
Gudd.. Let's have a looksy

(scribble scribble)

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-12   #509
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent

The Thai MITH representative's views pretty much sums up the perspective of Indian gaming scenario from a foreign POV:

MOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-12   #510
teh nuB!

edvic is Mysterious

As you guys would be able to see, this is my first post out here & the reason I joined this forum is because of this thread. Unfortunately, I too had to face the torrid mis-management of WTF Eventz and after my experience with them I decided to check out reviews for the IGC and came across this thread & I must say everything has been summed up pretty weel. Just wish that I had come across this earlier.

In the build up to the start of the carnival, I tried to call on WTF Eventz' contact number several times to no avail, in fact I even called the mobile numbers listed and nobody answered. I ignored that thinking they must be busy with preparation of the event.

With great excitement I decided to go for the event on it's second day i.e. 7th April, I reached Noida City Center by about 10 AM and the venue by only 12:30 PM although the distance shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. This was partly because I couldn't see the venue even though it was quite easy to spot; however, as I stated above the main reason was due to my phone calls not being answered so I couldn't get proper directions. Even worse, the center (Ayatti) which was hosting the event didn't bother answering any calls.

Anyway, once I got to the venue, I realised that although online Poker was one of the games on the initial roster, it has now been cancelled & I asked 4-5 people for a reason but nobody had the answer. I wanted to participate in Poker & FIFA but with Poker out of the equation, it was only FIFA. I entered the hall & realised that most of that hall is still under construction!!!! Leave alone proper lighting, there wasn't even proper ventilation, there were fans kept in a few corners with people standing in front of them to coll themselves off. Felt like a bloody railway waiting room of some sorts. Anyway, since I was here, I thought that I'd get my FIFA passes.

Here begins the biggest shocker for me, by 1 PM I got my FIFA passes and entered the gaming area (hot as hell as I mentioned before), at that time only 1 console (PS3) was operating FIFA with about 20 people watching competitors play. A moderator was there with a badly printed list of knockout table format & he had written down names of people who were participating. Their grid started with 16 people (8 matches - round of 16), then the qtr. final (4 matches), semi's (2 matches) & then the final (1 match).

All in all there were 15 matches for each grid and each match would take approx. 20 mins. so that's 5 hours at the minimum for 1 grid to complete!!! Which would mean that once they have 16 players on 1 console, you have to wait 5 hours at least if your name isn't on that grid. Anyway, they started up FIFA on 2 other consoles about an hour later & I was lucky enough to get my name on the 2nd grid on one of those consoles; however, that meant I would have to wait at least 5 hours for my game.

In the mean time I was chatting with one moderator (never occured to me that I should ask his name), so I asked him about the prize money to which he replied "It was originally 7.5 lacs for the winner and there were about 4-5 cash prizes after that but now it's something about 1.5 - 2 lacs". He continued telling me that the previous day's competition was cancelled since they didn't get their systems on time and only later in the day were they able to organize some console games.

This should have been my cue to get the hell out of there but the excitement of participating in my first ever gaming competition got the better of me. The next few hours were probably the most boring of my life to date. Walking around aimlessly waiting for the first grid of FIFA to get over so I get my turn. It was about 4 PM when the organizers decided to take a 15 minute break which I got to know was actually to cool off the generators. They couldn't even manage their own staff properly!!! A couple of them were running around telling all the mods to shut down the game for a 15 minute break but if 1 mod would turn it off, the other would start off another competition. Finally one of them just went & switched off the generator!!! Games were in progress so people got pissed & there were arguments with the organizers. That took 15 mins to sort out & then the mods couldn't find a place to keep the controllers & game DVD's!!! That took another 10-15 mins. At that point I couldn't understand whether I should laugh or cry!!!

So the plan for their 15 min break began at about 4; however, the restart happened at only about 5:30. Now back to my competition, after the break, some people from grid 1 were not available so those matches were skipped & I realized that my turn was coming about shortly. It did happen at about 6:30 & I won my first match so I figured that my next match would be about an hour away. Oh well, I figured alot of things today and most of them didn't go my way so why should this. I asked the mod when my next game would be & he said that it would happen tomorrow!!!!! Because there was a 3rd grid for which they had to complete the round of 16 today so they would not play the next round of matches for grid 2. Needless to say, I lost my cool, I gave the mod a piece of my mind with alot of people staring at us, showed him the middle finger & walked out of there almost abusing any volunteer that was infornt of my eyes.

At the exit gate, I gave my gate pass back to the volunteers and told them to shove it up the organizers ass coz they're full of shit and this would help keep the shit inside them and not out of them.

I had great expectations of this event but right from the start to the end those just kept dropping down. I pity all those who went to the event & I can understand their frustration.
dexbg likes this.
edvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply