Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Gaming Zone > x Gaming
Register Forgot Password?

Old 09-04-12   #406
Heligoland
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Hibernating.

Re: India Gaming Carnival - Real or Scam ?

I tried calling him too.Hope he gets well soon and recovers fast for all the legal action he'll probably have to face.

I was commenting on the absurdity of the assumption that Mario>Freeman

To qualify my statement - Mario is an Italian immigrant plumber who spends his life chasing a dame who refuses to let him bang her.

Freeman is a physicist who saves the world (multiple times) with a crowbar. And he manages to get Alyx Vance to fall in love with him without needing mushrooms, stars or jumping on enemies.
SidK!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-12   #407
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable

Physical violence cannot be termed right and deserving. We no longer live in a world where people still Live by the Sword and Die by the Sword. Even murderers are not all sentenced to death and I don't think Cheating someone under any circumsyances is worse than killing someone. We live in a society where we have Law Enforcing Agencies - Cops and Courts, let them do the justice...
Old 09-04-12   #408
Banned
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by Kage View Post
I wrote a long ass post but it's not worth crying over spilt milk. He was dumb to tie up with guys who were full of shit. That's not being very smart. I'll PM whoever wants the story.
PM me please..

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you

Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-12   #409
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Originally Posted by SidK!! View Post
I can't believe people are supporting physical violence here.@Ad1tya ever been in a serious physical tussle buddy?I think not.

Originally Posted by dexterboygenius View Post
No one would condone physical violence .. mob mentality with do that(to some people) .. as things break down .. some people start to deal in absolutes .. (like the Sith )
Originally Posted by SidK!! View Post
All I am saying is it's pretty easy to sit behind a PC and say " He deserves that beating" or some other karma crap.

Jesus, when did I ever say I support Physical Violence?

Why do people on Erodov have a problem of assuming absolute nonsense?

I only said it's karma.

@SidK!! .. I'm smart enough to never get into a "physical tussle" and to avoid one when it's bound to happen. So please, keep your baseless assumptions and arguments to yourself.

Also, just because you think Karma is crap, doesn't mean that you have to ridicule another persons beliefs.

Karma works in it's own way. How the universe gets even with a person for wrong-doings, is not my concern. I don't support physical harm at all. So again, don't make baseless accusations. Alright?
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.

Last edited by Ad1tya; 09-04-12 at 07:21 PM.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-12   #410
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!

This thread is now getting out of hand.

People have scammed hard working citizens of LAKHS of CRORES of Rs. and have gone away even without a scratch on their body (even after being caught and sentenced in court.)

Please refrain from being smug at someone else's physical dilemma. Karma is a bitch after all. Never know when it will come bite your ass at the most unfortunate time.

Also, I still have not seen any LOGIC of this being a scam of any sort. What money did they exactly make? Did they have any reason of even organizing the event at all after their so called 'scam' was plastered all over the Internet? They money made from entry tickets (and day passes) would have been cancelled by the money spend in organizing the event (in whatever shitty scale they managed.) Even Zomato refunded tickets.

They over reached, they didn't handle PR properly at all (threatening to sue people who have legitimate questions about your event is not the right approach to go.) Hence, the result.

Anyways, please refrain from demonstrating inhumanity in this thread. Otherwise, I will lock it up tight. No exceptions.
djlaksh, ManISinJpr and hell like this.

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-12   #411
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Dr. Hellboy

hell is very Respectfulhell is very Respectful

exactly. this is a prime candidate for a case study in mismanagement.

Q. If your canoe is in a tree with its headlights on, how many pancakes does it take to get to the moon?
A. None. Snakes don't have armpits.

Core2Quad Q8400 @2.66Ghz
Nvidia Gt 220 1GB GDDR3
4GB DDR2 @800 Mhz
hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-12   #412
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!

Ok guys... time to cheer up a bit and wish that he recovers quickly.

And what better way to do that than with a brand new smiley?

Old 09-04-12   #413
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned

That pic is having a hypnotic effect .. take it down ..

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-12   #414
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Originally Posted by KiD0M4N View Post
Ok guys... time to cheer up a bit and wish that he recovers quickly.

And what better way to do that than with a brand new smiley?

Tread carefully, you may be sued for that. /Lol.
Dave likes this.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-12   #415
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

idea Re: India Gaming Carnival - Real or Scam ?

Originally Posted by Xanan View Post
I had been refraining from posting in this thread up until now, but I think before this thread turns into a shit slinging fest, I'd post my views here.

I think IGC wasn't a scam-it was just a series of bad decisions by all the people involved.
The first mistake obviously was speaking out of their assess- 3 Lakh visitors over the event and prize money worth 1.5 cr? I think they quoted numbers like this to get attention. Had they posted a realistic number, they wouldn't have upped the expectations so much, and would have been able to organise the event better.

The second mistake was made by the people who questioned their motives- and I mean motives here, not their capabilities for organising an event of such scale. These claims must have put off a lot of people who'd have gone there (Of course, now that the event is done and over, they'll be glad they didnt go)

The third mistake was made by the IGC team- had they responded truthfully to the concerns raised, people would have passed their claim off as a marketing gimmick, and the issue wouldn't have mothballed so much.

The fourth mistake was again IGC sticking to their initial claims- they could have either cancelled the event and refunded the event, or should have scaled it down it terms of prizes or people. Its hard to keep your promises when one is looking at ticket sales to fund everything.

Anyways, with low ticket sales, high expectations and whatnot, it is a surprise they came to the venue in the first place rather than running off. This at the very least tells me that they wanted to get things done, but didn't have the courage to admit that things had gone horribly wrong.

Its sad to see people mocking these people and saying they killed the Indian Gaming scene- that's not fair at all. Their mistake was setting unrealistic targets, based on unrealistic numbers and then not admitting their stupidity. As for the Indian Gaming scene, well to be honest, I'm not even aware that there is such a scene- some tournaments here and there with a couple of hundred players do not make a gaming scene. What the IGC, or its failure has done actually done is that it has shown that there are so many gamers around. Of course the trust is shaken, but at least anyone (with a decent reputation) planning a gaming event can have a realistic expectation of people showing up, instead of relying on hunches. For that atleast, IGC has shown the way and we should give it this much credit at the very least.
Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
Tread carefully, you may be sued for that. /Lol.
Oh... I would know what you are talking about.
Old 09-04-12   #416
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

i agree with xanan here.

This isnt a scam. They dint realise fully what they were getting into and how to go about it. Or maybe they dint have the adequate time. From what I got to know, the deadline kind of did them in, and their resources were mobilized far too late and too few.

I think they should have started in reverse, from the give aways to the take in ( last day to the first ), rather than the take in and then the give aways.

Since planning and doing something on such a scale requires a massive feat.

And then the blatant and un managed PR hype did them in. as someone pointed out, a prize for 1L and given accordingly in time holds more value than a promise of 1.5Crs.

I would say biting off more than what you could chew is what happened. But knowing the limitations you are bounded by is also very important.

Im sure all in all, they are in the red and surely not in the black after all that has happened... Just that they could have postponed it by a month and gotten everything done properly.
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-12   #417
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

idea Re: India Gaming Carnival - Real or Scam ?

Originally Posted by JD666 View Post
i agree with xanan here.

This isnt a scam. They dint realise fully what they were getting into and how to go about it. Or maybe they dint have the adequate time. From what I got to know, the deadline kind of did them in, and their resources were mobilized far too late and too few.

I think they should have started in reverse, from the give aways to the take in ( last day to the first ), rather than the take in and then the give aways.

Since planning and doing something on such a scale requires a massive feat.

And then the blatant and un managed PR hype did them in. as someone pointed out, a prize for 1L and given accordingly in time holds more value than a promise of 1.5Crs.

I would say biting off more than what you could chew is what happened. But knowing the limitations you are bounded by is also very important.

Im sure all in all, they are in the red and surely not in the black after all that has happened... Just that they could have postponed it by a month and gotten everything done properly.
What do you think about them calling me and threatening to sue?

If MaxAxe would have take a different approach talking to me, I could have taken a different approach at this.
Old 09-04-12   #418
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by KiD0M4N View Post
What do you think about them calling me and threatening to sue?

If MaxAxe would have take a different approach talking to me, I could have taken a different approach at this.
oh yeah, i forgot about that. was discussing with hnp today.

That was a bad move. Like a really really bad move and management decision. A display of bad business skills.

you don't burn bridges till your castle is ready.

A humble, " guys I know we are having issues, but are trying our best to make this event as successful as possible" would've worked wonders and even would have garnered some support from Erodov members.

I'm sure one wont agree to having problems with his planning on an open forum, but in this case this was the honesty that was needed. And it would've been a positive action.

But then ( shooting completely in the dark here ) Having someone to show the money, since you've sold them the honey, is the easiest way to move to the big league. you get the idea, they get the money, and voila, you are big league, one shot.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

You can afford to be rude to someone, you know when? When you can really afford it. Should'nt do it otherwise.
Old 09-04-12   #419
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by JD666 ♥ View Post
But then ( shooting completely in the dark here ) Having someone to show the money, since you've sold them the honey, is the easiest way to move to the big league. you get the idea, they get the money, and voila, you are big league, one shot.
Say what ??
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-12   #420
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

^^ we'll discuss it offline. pm me your number
Post New Thread  Reply