Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Gaming Zone > x Gaming
Register Forgot Password?

Old 22-03-12   #16
iEvangelist
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery
Re: India Gaming Carnival - Real or Scam ?

Wow. Why didn't I come up with this.

Oh right, I'm not a thief.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-12   #17
Neo[t]
[E]onian
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly FamedprateekS is highly Famed

their facebook page is a good read !....people just spamming that the event is a fake ! and IGC defending themselves ! people are asking for their bank guarantee ! nd they say NaVi is coming ! prize money guaranteed by showing the bank guarantee to good teams !
prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-12   #18
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

I think th epromoter company wants to BLOW the event up to a level that it catches some stars and eyeballs !!
but max can show us more..

ManISinJpr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-12   #19
Staff
Staff
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished

Its a shame, this event was done just for defrauding people it seems. Afterall people will not be going to court etc to claim back their Rs. 500. But some1 should, so that no1 else tries something similar to the gaming community in the near future.
Maximus V Gene (MSI Z77-GD65, Gigabyte P67A-UD7, EVGA Classified E760,MSI Eclipse,DFI DK P45 Plus, Foxconn Mars, Asus P5Ne-SLI, Asus P5B Deluxe/Wifi AP), Intel 3770k Benched @ 6.7Ghz, Intel 2600K Benched @ 5.7 Ghz, AMD 8150 Benched @ 7.45 Ghz, Intel 980X Benched @ 6.07Ghz, AMD 970BE Benched @ 6.63Ghz, (Intel i5 680 Benched @ 6.44Ghz, Intel i7 950 Benched @ 5150Mhz, Intel E8600 Benched @ 5.71Ghz, Intel QX9650 Benched @5.41Ghz, Intel Core2 Duo E8400@4.6Ghz, e4300 @ 3.52 Ghz), Thermalright Venomous X, GSkill 6400 2 x 1 GB @ 1260Mhz , HIS 7970 (MSI GTX 580, MSI GTX 480, EVGA GTX295, Asus 4870 x2, EVGA 9800GX2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT, Nvidia 7900GTX, XFX 8600GT), DELL E248WFP Monitor, CoolerMaster Benchtable, Antec HCP 1200W, Altec Lansing 641 400 RMS Watts with Auzentech X-Plosion

SVGTECH HOC40 and HOC20 Review

Corsair Vengeance K90, M90 and M60 Review

Gigabyte P67 UD7 + Intel i7 2600k Preview

Strontium Ultra Speed 128GB SSD Review

Gigabyte GX-X58A-UD9 Review
thebanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-12   #20
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by speeedgods View Post
their facebook page is a good read !....people just spamming that the event is a fake ! and IGC defending themselves ! people are asking for their bank guarantee ! nd they say NaVi is coming ! prize money guaranteed by showing the bank guarantee to good teams !
See, a bank guarantee is essentially a contract between two parties in which one party will pay to the other is it does not fulfil the terms of the contract. So this contract is between whom? NSR construction and WTF ? What are the terms of the contract? Let us see this contract and bank guarantee.
Old 23-03-12   #21
Staff
Staff

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
See, a bank guarantee is essentially a contract between two parties in which one party will pay to the other is it does not fulfil the terms of the contract. So this contract is between whom? NSR construction and WTF ? What are the terms of the contract? Let us see this contract and bank guarantee.
With both NSR construction and WTF having same address, I guess their is nothing more to say. No need to see any contract or any bank guarantee. We only need to identify their intentions :

1) They want to generate hype and hoopla with big numbers, so that more people attend the event (With the 1.5Crore prize announcement though, they can get as many people as they want but still they would not have money to give out the prizes)

2) They want to simply fraud people of the registration money and cheat a few small time sponsors they might have received.
thebanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-12   #22
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Kage is highly AdmirableKage is highly AdmirableKage is highly AdmirableKage is highly AdmirableKage is highly AdmirableKage is highly AdmirableKage is highly Admirable

These guys are running an event to promote that ayatti convention center. The sponsorships are by one of the founders close friends who have promised the 1.5 crores to him. He, being a gamer, decided to organise an event that would attract a lot of people. Obviously people are wary of such claims, but you can either sit and diss all day long or take a chance to see this happen. I am looking at the positive side though and I hope it does happen.

A lot of people have problems paying up prizes. Like my headphones from Erodov for winning the writing contest. I haven't gotten it after 2 years. I gave up after having to chase one guy after another who kept promising to send it. Vijayninel was spammed enough times by me but in the end, it's the same thing that might happen here. Good intention. Bad Execution.

That doesn't mean I won't support gaming companies or Erodov for that matter .

Also I have spoken to people at Zomato. Till the event takes place they will hold you rmoney, so a reimbursement is possible should the event not occur.
JD666 and BLuEBLOODED like this.
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-12   #23
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by Kage View Post
These guys are running an event to promote that ayatti convention center. The sponsorships are by one of the founders close friends who have promised the 1.5 crores to him. He, being a gamer, decided to organise an event that would attract a lot of people.
Who are "these guys" Who was promised what by whom? Why are there no genuine sponsors till now? Why are the sponsors and organisers sharing the same office space ? They are just throwing around wild figures without any basis at all.

A lot of people have problems paying up prizes. Like my headphones from Erodov for winning the writing contest. I haven't gotten it after 2 years. I gave up after having to chase one guy after another who kept promising to send it. Vijayninel was spammed enough times by me but in the end, it's the same thing that might happen here. Good intention. Bad Execution.
Your prize was sent to you twice through two different courier companies, however both of them returned it saying there was no such address. We cant help it if the address you give is incorrect or is untraceable. I even asked you to pick it up locally from @200mph but you didnt pick them up. All the remaining participants confirmed that they received the prizes.

Secondly, we didnt ask you to pay any fees in order to participate in our contest. It was a free for all and all our contests have been free to enter. These people are asking you to pay in advance. Also our sponsors if any are always clearly listed and reachable. That is not the case here.
Ad1tya, mohitgamer and prateekS like this.
vijayninel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-12   #24
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

How does Zomato come in, it is a company which is a food rating and services company !!!
how is it related to a gaming event and that to handling the money for the event???
have they given an official letter of such a commitment ?
also the companies mentioned on their websites are just fronts of th esame company, all have the same addresses !! how wierd is that?

unless I see proper papers, I would request all members of Erodov to stay away from this and not fall in the trap !!!

As for money being small, remember small drops fill the buckets and a lot of buckets fill lakes and oceans !!
so stop being a part of such an event !!!
These guys are running an event to promote that ayatti convention center. The sponsorships are by one of the founders close friends who have promised the 1.5 crores to him.

That doesn't mean I won't support gaming companies or Erodov for that matter .

Also I have spoken to people at Zomato. Till the event takes place they will hold you rmoney, so a reimbursement is possible should the event not occur.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

ANd if anybody see our name mentioned anywhere, please mention that so that we can take proper action against such bad publicity !!
ManISinJpr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-12   #25
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by mohitgamer View Post
^ The figures look serious. But the IGC website already has a paid registration process going on...
India Gaming Carnival at Ayatti Convention Center, Noida | Zomato Events

In case the event doesn't take place, will they be refunding the registration money ??
Please read the terms and conditions that you agree to while purchasing tickets through zomato.
2. Tickets/Vouchers/Passes/Packages once sold will not be cancelled, refunded or transferred under any circumstances.

13. This show is subject to force majeure conditions.
IMO even the Zomato people have not investigated what exactly is going on over here. They are just selling the tickets for a partly fees. In any case they are only selling the tickets and dont guarantee you anything in writing.

Originally Posted by harryneopotter View Post
see, our beloved mod @MaxAxe is involved with them and he is a part of the event. Tagging him, so that he can shed more light on it !
Yes, I think that our former mod Maxaxe is fully aware of what is going on though he may distance himself from the event and sponsors at a later stage.

I suspect that the event will be "postponed" for a few centuries shortly before it takes place.
Old 23-03-12   #26
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
Tickets/Vouchers/Passes/Packages once sold will not be cancelled, refunded or transferred
I'm speechless. That's another Question Mark dangling in favor of Organizers !?
A small scale Gaming Expo at Ambience Mall seems a much better idea now...
Old 23-03-12   #27
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

There you go : The second sponsor also shares the same third floor office and same phone number as the other sponsor and WTF eventz. Please note that they deleted the address from the Gennext site though they couldnt delete it from everywhere.

Gennext trexim services pvt ltd near Noida Sector-62, Delhi | Infrastructure Bond | Justdial
Import Consultants

JD666 and ManISinJpr like this.
Old 23-03-12   #28
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

Whyyyyy??????

Finally I was going to get the opportunity to participate in a tournament for a game which I didn't suck in. :sad:
prateekS likes this.
GTX580 Twin Frozr II
Silent Pro M700
Tempest 410 Elite
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-12   #29
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by Xeo View Post

Whyyyyy??????
So did you pay/register for the games already ?
Old 23-03-12   #30
Most Valued [E]onian
Most Valued [E]onian
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

I was away for a few days and look at that!
Wasn't even aware of such an event before vijay called me up.

When is the event btw, April 1??

Originally Posted by thebanik View Post
Its a shame, this event was done just for defrauding people it seems. Afterall people will not be going to court etc to claim back their Rs. 500. But some1 should, so that no1 else tries something similar to the gaming community in the near future.
Indeed. This whole thing seems unreal and you know what they say about stuff which appears too good to be true.

Besides shearing the sheep, these also bring about disrepute to the country and the community.
Some comments at international forums regarding this are already making me squirm.
ManISinJpr likes this.

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.

Last edited by Free Radical; 23-03-12 at 04:42 PM.
Free Radical is online now   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply