Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Reviews & Previews
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Comment

Article Tools Search this Article
India Gaming Carnival - Deconstruction of a Failed Scam
India Gaming Carnival - Deconstruction of a Failed Scam
Date: 10-04-12
Topic: Reviews & Previews
Author: vijayninel

Index
The fake sponsors 
Index

WTF staff try to pacify an angry crowd on 6th April
India Gaming Carnival - Deconstruction of a failed Scam

Events of the past few days in Greater Noida, India have stunned gamers across India and the world. A bizarre and spectacularly failed gaming event and expo held here has left many gamers puzzled and seething in anger. The event has brought great disgrace upon India and the Indian gaming community. Yet the fiasco was entirely predictable and it was predicted by me and many others weeks before the event actually took place. In this post I will try to deconstruct for you what actually the whole saga was about and who all were involved in it.

A failed petty scam

The India Gaming Carnival was the brainchild of Mukesh Maurya a.k.a MaxAxe. It was conceived and planned as a petty scam from the very beginning. For this, he teamed up with a dubious Delhi based company called GenNext and they together formed a private limited company called WTF Eventz to pull off this scam. However due to their sheer incompetence the scam failed badly and has backfired on them. Read on to find out how.

Mukesh Maurya at the WTF Events Office

The first indication that I got about this event was in December 2011 when MaxAxe put up this thread here GameCON India - The Largest the Finest Gaming & Electronics Expo is Here In the first post of the thread MaxAxe has put up a video (now deleted by him) claiming that a gaming event called "GameCON India" will be organised in Delhi. The video made ridiculous and unsubstantiated claims which where mocked and ridiculed by me and akS !. MaxAxe was furious at my mocking of his video and asked for the thread to be deleted because it was giving him a bad SEO. The demand was declined. At the time I never gave much thought to this thread because over the years I have seen MaxAxe routinely making such baseless and exaggerated claims which ended in nothing.

I had forgotten all about the thread and then a few weeks back by chance I came across the news that some company called "WTF Eventz" was planning to host a huge gaming event called India Gaming Carnival from 6th to 8th April. The company made big claims ... so big infact that it immediately raised a red flag for me. A look at the company's shoddy website and plans didnt make it look like a legitimate company. The huge logistics and financials involved made no sense to me at all. These people had no sponsor backing, none of the organizers have any knowledge of organising gaming events even on a very small scale and there was no background information on any of the organisers. After some thought I was quite convinced that it was a scam of some sort and decided to put up this thread. India Gaming Carnival - Real or Scam ?

Index
The fake sponsors 

Tools
Add to vijayninel's Karma
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
<< <    Next Page: The fake sponsors (Page 1 of 4)    >  >>
By ManISinJpr ♦ 10-04-12
Re: India Gaming Carnival - Deconstruction of a Failed Scam

And as always, ( even though I know th estory ) I am waiting for the whole world to see it !!
By KrashNBurn 10-04-12

LOL so it is what I thought it is. It was the cheap tickets after all. Douche bags !!
By avi 10-04-12

So detailed ! Hats off to your efforts !
By thunder.02dragon 10-04-12

Nice Vijay!!
By aman360elite 10-04-12

Hats off sir.I dont know how to thank you for your efforts.U helped SO MANY Gamers from going to Delhi and wasting their money and time on this Scam.
I followed your Thread really keenly and was amazed by your Investigative Skills
Commendable Effort
By JD666 11-04-12

This - "He would claim that he was just an employee there, was betrayed and has nothing to do with the scam. Thus he would also not invite wrath of the suppliers who knew him well." ( something I predicted )

And the fact that the scan or photo of the bank guarantee that moscow 5 showed on their site ( for 2,10,00,000/- ) is most probably a fake guarantee as well. @vijayninel - look into that as well, that would make a nice addition to the images that are available as proof.

Also how about adding an aftermath page - organizers absonding, office empty, phones off, one beaten up. That would be a complete summary of events??
By Free Radical 11-04-12

I think it would have been better if they kept the name Game "Con" instead of dragging our country's name with it.
Would have a nice ring to it. Game "Con" ... WTF
By BULLZI 11-04-12

Nice article there Vijay, you have summed up things pretty well, lots of damage is already done not only to Indian gaming, but also to India herself as well, none will trust us Indians now not only in games but also in other aspects.

The organizers should not have put "India" in the event name. It is an insult for us in front of the whole world.

By baba doga 11-04-12

two threads and now an article. point made. let's move on.
By helion 11-04-12

Originally Posted by JD666 View Post
Also how about adding an aftermath page - organizers absonding, office empty, phones off, one beaten up. That would be a complete summary of events??
Jury seems to be still out on that.
By HiPsTeR 11-04-12

lol, nice one!
By MOZ 11-04-12

By vijayninel 11-04-12

Guys please share this article with your friends on on facebook and digg this if you found it useful. India Gaming Carnival - Deconstruction of a Failed Scam - Digg

- Thanks
By ManISinJpr ♦ 11-04-12

Dugg !!
Yes the dust is settling down, I want to a logical end to this, where somebody takes action against these scamsters. !
till then we have to keep spreading the message !

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

So the next tactic is that these scamsters have started to garner support through their chamchas !!
I just read this by https://www.facebook.com/xb0yx is that we should not believe anybody but these sorry ass organizers and that there was no scam !!!
I am apalled by such people !!!
Last edited by vijayninel; 11-04-12 at 08:14 AM..
Post New Article  Comment
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.erodov.com/forums/india-gaming-carnival-deconstruction-failed-scam/51554.html
Posted By For Type Date
Yo Yo Honey Singh going to India Gaming Carnival - YouTube This thread Refback 20-04-12 09:04 AM
IGC blev en skandale - XplayN.com - PREVIEW - NOT ONLINE YET This thread Refback 12-04-12 09:52 PM
Yo Yo Honey Singh going to India Gaming Carnival - YouTube This thread Refback 11-04-12 11:54 PM
IGC blev en skandale - XplayN.com - PREVIEW - NOT ONLINE YET This thread Refback 11-04-12 08:23 PM
India: Truth Alone Triumphs This thread Refback 11-04-12 07:45 PM
newest submissions : reddit.com This thread Refback 11-04-12 06:01 PM
Thread: India Gaming Carnival - Deconstruction of a Failed Scam - HLTV.org This thread Refback 11-04-12 05:50 PM
HLTV.org - Forum This thread Refback 11-04-12 05:49 PM
top scoring links : esports This thread Refback 11-04-12 05:10 PM
Yo Yo Honey Singh going to India Gaming Carnival - YouTube This thread Refback 11-04-12 04:07 PM
readmore.de Forum IGC: M5 beraubt worden This thread Refback 11-04-12 03:17 PM
readmore.de Forum IGC: M5 beraubt worden This thread Refback 11-04-12 03:15 PM
IGC blev en skandale - XplayN.com This thread Refback 11-04-12 12:27 PM
India Gaming Carnival - Selling the Scam - YouTube This thread Refback 11-04-12 12:15 PM
cadred.org | India Gaming Carnival - Deconstruction of a Failed Scam This thread Refback 11-04-12 11:22 AM
cadred.org | India Gaming Carnival - Deconstruction of a Failed Scam This thread Refback 11-04-12 11:18 AM
Article : India Gaming Carnival - Deconstruction of a Failed Scam This thread Refback 11-04-12 11:12 AM
India Gaming Carnival - Deconstruction of a Failed Scam | Digg Offbeat This thread Refback 11-04-12 08:51 AM
eSports This thread Refback 11-04-12 03:11 AM
newest submissions : india This thread Refback 11-04-12 02:15 AM
Moscow 5 scammed and robbed in India : esports This thread Refback 11-04-12 12:59 AM
eSports This thread Refback 11-04-12 12:55 AM
India: Truth Alone Triumphs This thread Refback 11-04-12 12:42 AM
India: Truth Alone Triumphs This thread Refback 11-04-12 12:21 AM
overview for MaxAxe_Maurya This thread Refback 11-04-12 12:20 AM