Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 19-02-09   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

IIPM scam ! plz help anyone :(

Well...
its a very disheartening incident that has happened with my 2 friends.

they had done their BMS (Bachelor in management studies) degree from Mumbai university. after BMS, they decided to persue the next big indian dream "MBA".

for that they took a year off and prepared for cat/xat/cet/n-mat and wat not, but due to strong competition at all points decided to go for private institutes like ITM, IIPM etc.

now the thing is that,

they got selected @ IIPM last week. too nervous to take any more chances with the entrance examinations race, they 'in a hassle' decided to join IIPM and paid the initial amount of 40000 rupees (2 ppl paid makes it 80k) each which IIPM says its non refundable.

now the thing is that i got to know about all these things and suggested them to get as far as they can from this ponytailed institute.

(they are not too rich, they were actually seekin loan to get into that institute)

but again let us now laugh on someones mistake !

main question

now as IIPM says that the 40000 rupees money given to them is non refundable, isnt there any way i can help my friends get it back.

they are actually from a middle class family.

all of you who here are apt to give technical solutions to all who seek help from you....

Kindly for this just one time... HELP my friends.

how should we approach IIPM asking them to give us a refund for something they said to be non-refundable...

plz HELP.

ur some good initiative can save a persons career as well his/her fathers hard earned money.

kindly HELP
apitroda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-09   #2
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

jackdowsan is highly Admirablejackdowsan is highly Admirablejackdowsan is highly Admirablejackdowsan is highly Admirablejackdowsan is highly Admirable
Re: IIPM scam ! plz help anyone :(

u can actually, contact a good lawyer , if you are from around delhi, pm me and i will tell you who to meet in this regard.....
jackdowsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-09   #3
teh priesT!
[E]onian
LCmediaHouse

Dinesh_Malhotra is highly AdmirableDinesh_Malhotra is highly AdmirableDinesh_Malhotra is highly AdmirableDinesh_Malhotra is highly AdmirableDinesh_Malhotra is highly AdmirableDinesh_Malhotra is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by jackdowsan View Post
u can actually, contact a good lawyer , if you are from around delhi, pm me and i will tell you who to meet in this regard.....
i know him.

the case here involves IIPM Mumbai (Khar), i believe.
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-09   #4
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
"don't fear the reaper&qu

sanju123 is highly Admirablesanju123 is highly Admirablesanju123 is highly Admirablesanju123 is highly Admirablesanju123 is highly Admirablesanju123 is highly Admirable

last year i read in newspaper that , this iipm associated with aridnam choudhary has not been registered with U.G.C and the foriegn university that it say its tie ups are with , is also not registered with its own country commission (like U.G.C in our country). so beware of any private university or college.
Rig 1- intel e7200 , asus 680i sli, ati 4870 , palit hd 4670 super, 4gb kingston 667 ddr2 ram, western digital blue 500gb, sony dvdrw , creative 5.1 speakers,hp 17" crt, aoc 20,24" full hd lcd"
Rig 2- amd phenom II x2 560 BE, ASUS M4A88T-M LE AM3 AMD 880G HDMI, G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB), ati hd 4870 512mb ddr5,msi twin frozr 2 560ti, logitech keyboard and mouse, Aoc 24" full hd lcd"

My mobile- samsung corby pro , nokia N95, motorola defy, motorola photon 4g, micromax a85; http://www.speedtest.net/result/412769387.png
sanju123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-09   #5
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
booyaH !!

MrinaL is highly AdmirableMrinaL is highly AdmirableMrinaL is highly AdmirableMrinaL is highly AdmirableMrinaL is highly Admirable
But , what help would it be , if its mentioned in the prospectus and other docs that the amount is non-refundable ?
However , in case they didnt get admission in ne other college , IIPM's ain't that bad ... I mean , u can be assured an average package of around 4L when u graduate

Woot are their %iles in CAT , SNAP ? I may be able to suggest sm other college

Last edited by Superfrag; 21-02-09 at 08:24 PM.
MrinaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-09   #6
Semper foo
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Ignorance is Bliss

SignOps is extremely Renowned
SignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely Renowned

Hey the Title is wrong - its no Scam. Students are known to be finicky and will keep hopping around colleges without having an idea about which is good or bad. Colleges need to know how many seats will be there before them can start courses and make staff commitments. So its generally mentioned that such fees are non-refundable. Your friends were desperate.

I've never liked IIPM and Arindham(they've photoshopped his picture to some kind of glowing angel face)

In any case, you can make a request and they can consider. I dont know if a lawsuit would work. Its like you buying a product, not liking it and returning it when there is no return policy and the product is working fine - no lawsuit will work.

Ask the Higher up Officials of the college. No other go, it looks like.

SignOps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-09   #7
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

raistlin is highly Reputableraistlin is highly Reputableraistlin is highly Reputableraistlin is highly Reputable

Ok.. Assuming we get the deposit money back from IIPM. Then what? Do your friends have other choices? If they are going to land in another private institute, is the new one better than IIPM?

Abit IP35-E ; Intel Core2Duo 8400 stock
MSI NX8800GT OC 660 MHz ; 4 x 1 GB Transend; Viewsonic 19" LCD; Corsair HX520W;
Antec - (w)120mm Fan (b);
Seagate SV35.3 250GB + Seagate barracuda 1 TB
raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-09   #8
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

I would advise you and your friends to inquire about the institute and then take a step, last I heard its not so bad as they are openly advertising the list of selected students in newspapers etc, although I also don't like arindam but thats besides the point.
don't act in a hasty situation as the money is already deposited as such. but if your friends are still bent on taking their money out then inform them that the law takes its own course the advocate will ask for his fees, filing charges etc and it will not be refended to them in a hurry.
also directly email arindam if you can telling him that the friends of yours have got some other course lined up and are not rich so will he oblige in getting the amount refunded? tickle his ego somewhat...and request is the best approach..

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-09   #9
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Living life king size

Jinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly Admirable

If it is documented in the brochure or equivalent that admission fees will not be refunded then legally i dont think you stand any chance. Please refer to this ruling wherein a similar case was dismissed from court because the refund facts were as mentioned in the admission literature.

IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Jinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-09   #10
teh nuB!

Tron05 is Notable

Y do you suggest them to get away from IIPM?.only Arindam has a ponytail , not the institute .
Do they have calls from any other institute? if not, i would suggest go ahead with IIPM..i know of frnds who have completed MBA from this institute and salaries are not hi flyers, but just decent.

No point in wasting another year!!
Tron05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-09   #11
teh smartie pantS!
Registered Vendor
Looking for Peace

buygamingstuff is highly Admirablebuygamingstuff is highly Admirablebuygamingstuff is highly Admirablebuygamingstuff is highly Admirablebuygamingstuff is highly Admirablebuygamingstuff is highly Admirable

abe dinesh u wanted to join IIPM na ??
hope that u are safe from this
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
i know him.

the case here involves IIPM Mumbai (Khar), i believe.
buygamingstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-09   #12
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
is demotivated to do
absolutely anything!

BLuEBLOODED is highly FamedBLuEBLOODED is highly FamedBLuEBLOODED is highly FamedBLuEBLOODED is highly FamedBLuEBLOODED is highly FamedBLuEBLOODED is highly FamedBLuEBLOODED is highly FamedBLuEBLOODED is highly Famed

How did they pay up 40k in the first place without reading more or trying to contact some closed ones for some more info.???

Well, now, I am afraid that not much can be done, e-mailing Arindham, as some guy said, is going to be a total waste, so is going to the court, for obvious reasons!!!

I would suggest that your friends continue to IIPM and hope for the best, as I really, FRANKLY, do not see any other solution...

Would've had loved to help in more ways, but honestly, there isn't any other solution to this, as wasting 40k, which can't be saved barring a miracle, is useless...
ManISinJpr likes this.

http://speedtest.10fastfingers.com/b...m_score_CK.png
Visit the Typing Test and try!

BLuEBLOODED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-09   #13
Semper foo
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Ignorance is Bliss

SignOps is extremely Renowned
SignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely Renowned

Arindham is just a posterboy. He'd be the last person to help you.
SignOps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-09   #14
teh nuB!

mad_gundam is very Honorablemad_gundam is very Honorable

how come this is a scam??
mad_gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-09   #15
teh nuB!

its.me is very Honorableits.me is very Honorable

hei IIPM is not that bad as a private MBA institute.. If u r comparing with inst like IIM IBS n all dat then obviously it wil not come in scene..bt wen ur frnz dint get into those then IIPM is not a bad option.. they have a vry good faculty structure.. u can really learn frm IIPM if u want.. n abt recognitn if u r not looking for a govt job then it will not affect as becoz u will get job for sure if u hv passed out n if u hv proper knowledge..industry needs quality people nt student frm recognised inst..
its.me is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply