Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Bazaar > Closed/Completed Deals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 08-11-07   #1
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

IC - Scythe Kama Meter

just wanted to know if anyone else is interested in this. I am planning to get this for coolermaster 690. it looks fantastic even on the coolermaster stacker. it comes with 8 diff lcd colors, & 3 diff panels white black & silver so you can use it according to your case.

here is the link to the reviews.
techPowerUp! Review :: Scythe Kama Meter :: Page 1 / 5

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews.p...n_controller/1

link to the product on the scythe site.
http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/ac...00_detail.html

finally newegg link for pricing etc.
Newegg.com - Scythe KAMA METER Multi Functional Controller on 5.25" Bay - Retail

if anyone can find this for lower price please post n let us know.

kmd let us know how much this would end up costing. thanks
Old 08-11-07   #2
Half-Demon Gun Slinger
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Hells_Fury is highly AdmirableHells_Fury is highly AdmirableHells_Fury is highly AdmirableHells_Fury is highly AdmirableHells_Fury is highly AdmirableHells_Fury is highly Admirable
Bazaar Feedback : 12 deals
Re: IC - Scythe Kama Meter

Im interested in one...
Old 09-11-07   #3
teh priesT!
[E]onian

stormblast is highly Admirablestormblast is highly Admirablestormblast is highly Admirablestormblast is highly Admirablestormblast is highly Admirablestormblast is highly Admirable
Bazaar Feedback : 5 deals

any chance of getting a price on this kmd?
Old 09-11-07   #4
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Lord Nemesis is highly AdmirableLord Nemesis is highly AdmirableLord Nemesis is highly AdmirableLord Nemesis is highly AdmirableLord Nemesis is highly AdmirableLord Nemesis is highly Admirable
Bazaar Feedback : 8 deals

Careful with this one if you have some High CFM 120mm fans. I have read at multiple places that its fan control circuits cannot cope with high CFM fans and that this one blew when connected to high CFM high than regular wattage fans even though they are under the advertised specs. Its good only if you have the regular 1200 CFM fans. The fan control itself is not that great. So its probably good enough only for Temperature sensing.

Also the knobs may be a problem if you have a door on the Cabby to cover the drive bays.

I was initially interested in getting this one, but after I read some user opinions at various places on the net, I gave up on it and I just got a Aerocool PowerWatch through KMD. If you are seriously looking for a Multifunction panel, then I recommend that you have a look at the Aerocool ones.

Just have a look at the user comments on newegg itself. Many people have reported problems with higher CFM fans.
Rig: Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4 GHz - Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme Push-Pull, Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6, 4 GB Cellshock DDR2 800 MHz 4-4-4-12, 2.1 TB HDD, 2 x Asus HD4850 in Crossfire, Audigy 2 ZS, Sony 16x DVD Writer, Corsair HX1000, Stacker 830 Evolution, Dell 2007WFP 20" WS LCD, Genius Ergo 525 Laser Mouse, Ideazon Merc Stealth Keyboard, Altec Lansing 251, Philips HP 805 Headset, Sennheiser HD 485 Headset, Aerocool Power Watch

Consoles: XBOX 360 Elite, Playstation 3 40GB

Last edited by Lord Nemesis; 09-11-07 at 11:02 PM.
Old 09-11-07   #5
Half-Demon Gun Slinger

Hells_Fury is highly AdmirableHells_Fury is highly AdmirableHells_Fury is highly AdmirableHells_Fury is highly AdmirableHells_Fury is highly AdmirableHells_Fury is highly Admirable

^^Could you recommend anything else? I'm basically looking for a fan controller to control my Scythe S-Flex fans.
Old 10-11-07   #6
teh nuB!

zhopudey is Notable
Bazaar Feedback : 0 deals

^^get a potentiometer and wire it up
Old 10-11-07   #7
teh priesT!
[E]onian

stormblast is highly Admirablestormblast is highly Admirablestormblast is highly Admirablestormblast is highly Admirablestormblast is highly Admirablestormblast is highly Admirable
Bazaar Feedback : 5 deals

Originally Posted by Lord Nemesis View Post
Careful with this one if you have some High CFM 120mm fans. I have read at multiple places that its fan control circuits cannot cope with high CFM fans and that this one blew when connected to high CFM high than regular wattage fans even though they are under the advertised specs. Its good only if you have the regular 1200 CFM fans. The fan control itself is not that great. So its probably good enough only for Temperature sensing.

Also the knobs may be a problem if you have a door on the Cabby to cover the drive bays.

I was initially interested in getting this one, but after I read some user opinions at various places on the net, I gave up on it and I just got a Aerocool PowerWatch through KMD. If you are seriously looking for a Multifunction panel, then I recommend that you have a look at the Aerocool ones.

Just have a look at the user comments on newegg itself. Many people have reported problems with higher CFM fans.
aerocool was expensive & 2ndly it takes 2 x 5.25" slots. i need something with a good / decent lcd that takes 1 slot. lemme know if you have anything in mind.

still if kmd you can get a quote for the kama meter it would be great.
Old 10-11-07   #8
teh priesT!
[E]onian

das_vicky is highly Admirabledas_vicky is highly Admirabledas_vicky is highly Admirabledas_vicky is highly Admirabledas_vicky is highly Admirabledas_vicky is highly Admirable
Bazaar Feedback : 7 deals

I will be more interested once I get the quotes
Old 12-11-07   #9
Half-Demon Gun Slinger

Im gonna drop out...Read through the user reviews on Newegg and it seems like a lot of ppl are having problems with this product. It cant seem to handle 4 fans together or even high power fans...

This is more like what Im looking for:
Newegg.com - ZALMAN MFC1 Plus-B Black 6 Channel Multi Fan Controller - Retail

Last edited by Hells_Fury; 12-11-07 at 08:40 AM.
Old 20-12-07   #10
teh nuB!

snakey is Mysterious
Bazaar Feedback : 1 deals

Even i am interested if possible let me know the price
Old 22-12-07   #11
teh nuB!

snakey is Mysterious
Bazaar Feedback : 1 deals