Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Bikes and Cars
Register Forgot Password?

Old 08-06-08   #1
Ron
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Hyundai Verna

hELLO GUYS,

I haveshortlisted the car Hyundai verna to buy.
I will be buying the petrol version.

There are two models in petrol: One is Xi and other is XXi
The difference bw them is:
1. Alloy wheels
2. 2 din stereo system (Kwnwood)
3. Climate conrol
4. Two tweeters

There is a price difference of 60k bw both the models. I believe that is too much for the things they are providing extra. and moreover i dont like the stock alloys ( too ordinary).

What I am thinking of is buying the Xi model and adding all the feature (excluding the climate control).

First question: Is it advisable to get the above mentioned things from the market or Get the XXi model and just upgrade the alloys!!

Now for that please suggest me alloys.
T ones on the verna are 14" .. I want them in the range of 15-25k, Ill use the stock tyres only. (so the alloys would be just for the looks).

and please suggest me a stereo system ( 2DIN). The Xi model cumes prefitted with 4 speakers. I want to know about subwoofers and things which i can add to the 4 speakers. I can spend upto 20k on the system+ speakers (remember the car already cumes with 4 speakers and i wont replace them. so tweeters or subwoofer or watever that can fit (YES I AM A BEGINER!!))

PS: I can go for tyre upgrade if it helps the handling is someway. and also because i have heard the tyres are undersized for the car. So please suggest on that also.

Toys : iPhone 3G 8GB.

Last edited by Ron; 08-06-08 at 11:09 PM.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-08   #2
the rocK!
[E]onian
Positive!

Rig Gallery

Rockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly Famed
Re: Hyundai Verna

oye Dude wait for Chaos to post
Old 08-06-08   #3
teh geeK!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

SIDHU is highly AdmirableSIDHU is highly AdmirableSIDHU is highly AdmirableSIDHU is highly AdmirableSIDHU is highly AdmirableSIDHU is highly Admirable

Why not Optra Magnum Diesel or Ford Fiesta D ?? I have read lots and lost negatives abt Vernas handling.
BenQ T2200HD l Sony MHC VX333 + Beltrone Amplifier l L.G. H55N l Xbox 360 Controller

Last edited by SIDHU; 08-06-08 at 10:39 PM.
SIDHU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-08   #4
teh priesT!
[E]onian

trans is highly Admirabletrans is highly Admirabletrans is highly Admirabletrans is highly Admirabletrans is highly Admirabletrans is highly Admirable

Go for an Accent or a Honda City....
trans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-08   #5
the rocK!
[E]onian
Positive!

Rig Gallery

Rockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly Famed

Yup Ron, FORD Fiesta is a very superior car, has indian record in Limca Book of record of 32KM/LT fuel efficiency (deisel)
Rockfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-08   #6
Ron
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Ron is highly AdmirableRon is highly AdmirableRon is highly AdmirableRon is highly AdmirableRon is highly AdmirableRon is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by Punjab234 View Post
Why not Optra Magnum Diesel or Ford Fiesta D ?? I have read lots and lost negatives abt Vernas handling.
Magnum out of my budget.. fiesta after sales is bad here..
Old 08-06-08   #7
Ron
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Ron is highly AdmirableRon is highly AdmirableRon is highly AdmirableRon is highly AdmirableRon is highly AdmirableRon is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by trans View Post
Go for an Accent or a Honda City....
verna is an upgrade of accent so no point.
honda city is not good vfm. it is the honda tag wich is the price inflater.
Old 08-06-08   #8
Ron
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by Rockfella View Post
Yup Ron, FORD Fiesta is a very superior car, has indian record in Limca Book of record of 32KM/LT fuel efficiency (deisel)
not much fuel efficiency reqd. and diesel is NO for me . as the car wud just run 15k kms per year. (max). so it wont cover the extra price i wud pay for the diesel in 3yrs of running.
Old 08-06-08   #9
Ron
teh priesT!
[E]onian

I have myself taken i t drive of verna. torutre the car alot .. went uptop 150kms. and it had more to give. even braked hard leading to a nice rubber line on the road .. no wobble of the rear(fishtail). revved it upto 5.5k rpms. it was smooth. almost pulled the handbrake at the ebd of the drive and did a 90 degree. the sales man almost had a heaert attack .. the throttle response is awesum ..

took the 3rd ger to 2.2k rpms. the floored the gas .. i cud feel a huge push .. (i thot my scorpio had the max torque)..

so no worries bout the handling
Old 08-06-08   #10
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

idea is highly Admirableidea is highly Admirableidea is highly Admirableidea is highly Admirableidea is highly Admirableidea is highly Admirable

do think abt this....
idea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-08   #11
teh geeK!
[E]onian
gone.

Rohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly Admirable

Verna is good....my friend took it to 187 K's..yes it Goes..while i was going to Delhi...also i drived it till 150 K's and left the steering..not even a slightest of wobble..The car Stability and Balancing is Good!!
Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-08   #12
Ron
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by Rohan™ View Post
Verna is good....my friend took it to 187 K's..yes it Goes..while i was going to Delhi...also i drived it till 150 K's and left the steering..not even a slightest of wobble..The car Stability and Balancing is Good!!
thanks for the input. any suggestions about the stereo system and the alloys..

and also shud i buy Xi or XXi?
Old 08-06-08   #13
teh geeK!
[E]onian
gone.

Rohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly Admirable

Stereo was okie..i prefer going for a custom one..and sorry didnt laid much emphasis on the Alloys...But use Low profile...
Old 08-06-08   #14
Ron
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by Rohan™ View Post
Stereo was okie..i prefer going for a custom one..and sorry didnt laid much emphasis on the Alloys...But use Low profile...
what is low profile??

How did you find the sound quality of the speakers. and can you give some inputs about the climate control system ..
Old 08-06-08   #15
teh geeK!
[E]onian
gone.

i didnt checked out that much...Wait i will ask him tommorow and tell u the details...cause i only sat with him for 1 hr...he had to attend a meeting...then i changed cars and i went back to my Honda city...

But verna is good...
Post New Thread  Reply