Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > News
Register Forgot Password?
Post New News  Reply

Article Tools Search this Article

Old
HTC’s Upcoming 5-inch, 1080p Superphone Reaffirmed Ahead of Fall Release
by ManISinJpr 06-08-12

This is the super screen phone that I was so waiting for !!

HTC has confirmed ( not directly but through the US tribune for testing or FCC )

HTC will step into the large-size smartphone segment by launching a flagship model with a 5-inch display featuring a resolution of 1794 by 1080 pixels in September-October, according to industry sources.
Samsung Electronics, which pioneered the development of the 5-inch segment, also plans to release a 5.5-inch model, the Galaxy Note II, at the end of August, the sources noted.
The brisk sales of Samsung's 5.3-inch Galaxy Note have attracted a number of vendors in Korea and China to venture into the large-size segment, noted the sources.
LG Electronics stepped into the segment by launching its 5-inch Optimus Vu in May 2012, and fellow company Pantech rolled out its second 5-inch model, the Vega S5, in July.
In China, Coolpad has launched two 5-inch models, the dual-SIM 9930 and 9900, while K-Touch has released the W710, which supports Alibaba cloud computing services.

BGR exclusively reported this past April that HTC (2498) will be the star of Verizon Wireless’s (VZ) fall lineup thanks to a new 5-inch superphone with a 1080p high-definition display, Scribe stylus support and a quad-core Krait CPU paired with an Adreno 320 graphics processor. Now, citing unnamed industry sources, Digitimes on Monday reported that HTC plans to launch a smartphone with a “5-inch display featuring a resolution of 1794 by 1080 pixels” some time in either September or October. The massive HD handset could be just what HTC needs to finish the year strong after a rough second quarter and continued struggles in the third quarter, but it’ll certainly have some stiff competition from the Galaxy S III, the upcoming Galaxy Note II and Apple’s (AAPL) next-generation iPhone, which will be announced on September 12th.

Source :: HTC 1080p Verizon smartphone: Release date this fall
vijayninel and amitsaluja like this.
Views 2813 Comments 17
Total Comments 17

Comments

Old 06-08-12
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Rig Gallery
Re: HTC’s Upcoming 5-inch, 1080p Superphone Reaffirmed Ahead of Fall Release

They should release a 15inch smartphone and blow away the competition once and for all.
Old 06-08-12
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

DaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
They should release a 15inch smartphone and blow away the competition once and for all.

Nice one...lol we need "phones for Humans'
Old 06-08-12
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
..I..

Dark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly Famed
Rig Gallery
Thank goodness they ditched tegra as the main application soc the hopeless integration and gating in tegra is battery phillic, a switch to lower process nodes and efficient soc will only help in maintaining performance at higher resolution.

On the other side not many apps are optimized for higher resolution making such devices unattractive with apps pov!

A 5" phone is pain to carry, 3'7"-4'3" form factor is the sweet spot any bigger than this gets cumbersome to carry add use.

Sent from Sony Xperia Sola using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-08-12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Currently Working on Project W

NAV33N is highly AdmirableNAV33N is highly AdmirableNAV33N is highly AdmirableNAV33N is highly AdmirableNAV33N is highly AdmirableNAV33N is highly AdmirableNAV33N is highly Admirable

but then it would not be a smartphone at all, would it??
Old 06-08-12
teh priesT!
[E]onian

DaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by NAV33N View Post
but then it would not be a smartphone at all, would it??
You don't say!
Old 07-08-12
teh nuB!
25 lighters on my dresser, yes

honey62022 is somewhat of a Mystery

like nokia took out a 40mpx cam phone
Old 07-08-12
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by honey62022 View Post
like nokia took out a 40mpx cam phone
It seems like you didn't got what he meant to say at all
Old 07-08-12
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable

Lets wait and watch, what price tag does it carry when it comes out..
Old 07-08-12
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by DaRampage View Post
It seems like you didn't got what he meant to say at all
Hey ... Thats exactly what I meant ... :goodnight:
Old 07-08-12
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

manojcitc is Notable
I think all of you need a super man eye to differntiate between hd and full hd screen.hd is enough right now untill some slimmer battery with large capacity come in bazzar like maxx.
Old 07-08-12
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Watch Dogs

metalsnake is very Honorablemetalsnake is very Honorable

Note is leading that segment pretty damn well and with Note 2 in pipeline, HTC must pull up their socks.
Old 07-08-12
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Daytona 675 ftw-_-

nitinbalyan is very Honorablenitinbalyan is very Honorable

We are HUMANS. plz understand HTC, Samsung. Learn something from Nokia that dont know even how to build a screensize bigger then 4"

PS : they jus got an idea 1 year back for making a 4" display phone. Lolz
Old 12-08-12
teh nuB!

[E] is Mysterious

Originally Posted by Dark Star View Post

A 5" phone is pain to carry, 3'7"-4'3" form factor is the sweet spot any bigger than this gets cumbersome to carry add use.

Sent from Sony Xperia Sola using Tapatalk 2
When iPhone was launched, people said 3.6 was too big and pocket unfriendly when people were used to 2.8-3.2 displays on touch phones (WM6 phones). 2 years later when everybody was comfortable with iPhone size, HTC launched the HD2 (less than 3 yrs before from today). Upon release everyone commented 4.3 is just mammoth and the phone is not for everyone, its the max size a phone could ever get...Now the 4.3' One S is being called compact by gsmarena and the main stream flagships are 4.6-4.8' while the mammoth's are 5.3...Times do change really fast, you never know
Old 12-08-12
teh nuB!
25 lighters on my dresser, yes

honey62022 is somewhat of a Mystery

Originally Posted by [E] View Post
When iPhone was launched, people said 3.6 was too big and pocket unfriendly when people were used to 2.8-3.2 displays on touch phones (WM6 phones). 2 years later when everybody was comfortable with iPhone size, HTC launched the HD2 (less than 3 yrs before from today). Upon release everyone commented 4.3 is just mammoth and the phone is not for everyone, its the max size a phone could ever get...Now the 4.3' One S is being called compact by gsmarena and the main stream flagships are 4.6-4.8' while the mammoth's are 5.3...Times do change really fast, you never know
true tht, m quite comfortable wit 5" streak, it has almost replaced my tablet fr web browsing...i don feel d need to upgrade to ipad unless i need to read an ebook, which m considering a lil', but 5" is enuf... may b fr nw...

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Originally Posted by nitinbalyan View Post
We are HUMANS. plz understand HTC, Samsung. Learn something from Nokia that dont know even how to build a screensize bigger then 4"

PS : they jus got an idea 1 year back for making a 4" display phone. Lolz
Nokia and Sony Ericsson were something i always looked up to while goin thru gadgets magazine for new models 7610, and among others, P990i, i jus recently found SE T610 thru this forum.. nobody else misses those slim curvy phones , flaps , v3i ????? cell phones these days are one brick after another.. anybody misses having a sexy looking phone jus for calls ???? may b not, but i do ! found a slek new like v3i wid a frnd...

therez a very thin line between phones, tablets and laptops presently, slowing everything is gonna merge in one ! ultimately only one gadget for calls , media n everything else.. wont u ppl miss having a particular top notch gadget for tht particular purpose ???

sorry for goin a lil offtopic !
Post New News  Reply
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search

Similar News
Article Author Forum Replies Last Post
Upcoming Intel Processors Release Dates Free Radical Interesting News on the Web 11 02-02-10 04:43 PM
The Sims 3 leaked two weeks ahead of release Arkadev x Gaming 17 03-07-09 04:01 PM
Philips 56 inch LCD with 2560 x 1080p resolution!!!! RajaPraveen Electronics and Consumer Durables 10 15-06-09 07:22 PM
Release Schedule of upcoming major distro Dark Star Open Source 2 14-12-08 02:06 PM
Radeon HD 3800 prices updated ahead of release Gagan Interesting News on the Web 1 11-11-07 07:37 AM

Tags
1080p, 5inch, ahead, fall, htc’s, htc’s, reaffirmed, release, superphone, upcoming