Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Storage Solutions
Register Forgot Password?

Old 07-03-10   #1
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Just Chilling Out!!

Rig Gallery
Hrdidsk Partition Extension with Motive to Get One Single 150 GB Partition

K..... I have this Seagate hardisk of 250 GB....

Initially I created 4 partitions on the disk C: 30, D: 78,E: 78, F: 47, this was working out for me fine..
Now that I download a lot of stuff from Torrents(Private Tracker).... I need a single bigger partition so that I can seed the downloaded stuff
hence a 78 GB partition is not working out for me....

I went for dumping of complete data of one partition of 78 GB.... and deleting that partition...
The partition on which I store downloaded data is also of 78 GB and have 24.9 GB of free space on it...
Partition C:, F: of 30 GB and 47 GB has 1.44 GB, 818 MB of free space...

I tried to extend my torrenting partition(E drive with a thought that existing E: drive and the unallocated partition of 78 gb can be combined together but I am not able to do so.....

The whole motive of all this step is to get a single big partition of 150 GB FOR storing DOWNLOADED DATA AT one single place....
What should I do in this circumstance.... As I dont have any more space that I can clear of data on Torrenting drive and hence delete the partition and then create one big partition

What will you techies advice....
himanshuaieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-10   #2
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble
Re: Hrdidsk Partition Extension with Motive to Get One Single 150 GB Partition

Dude you are sounding terribly confused, post a screenshot of your disk manager and then I will understand better.
for resizing your partitions you can use paragon partition manager or acronis disk director. but before using them I want to see the screenie...so that you dont do anything to harm your system.

ManISinJpr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10   #3
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Just Chilling Out!!

Rig Gallery

himanshuaieee is highly Admirablehimanshuaieee is highly Admirablehimanshuaieee is highly Admirablehimanshuaieee is highly Admirablehimanshuaieee is highly Admirablehimanshuaieee is highly Admirablehimanshuaieee is highly Admirable

I am running Windows 7 x86........

In Disk Managment option, the extend volume option is not coming when I right click on the E: drive....
Though I have 78 GB free unpartitioned space...

Old 08-03-10   #4
the rocK!
[E]onian
Positive!

Rig Gallery

Rockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly Famed

I laugh when people make multiple partitions in a small hdd. Op just back-up data, format whole hdd, make a 15GB partition for your OS, keep the rest hdd as one single one, KISS it. (Keep it short and simple!)

Last edited by Rockfella; 08-03-10 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Added screen shots.
Rockfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10   #5
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Just Chilling Out!!

Rig Gallery

himanshuaieee is highly Admirablehimanshuaieee is highly Admirablehimanshuaieee is highly Admirablehimanshuaieee is highly Admirablehimanshuaieee is highly Admirablehimanshuaieee is highly Admirablehimanshuaieee is highly Admirable

^^
Bhai Rockfella.... This is my Home Computer that I was using 4 years back.... At that time 250 GB was itself a huge space...
My PC at college has 1.5 TB space and well partitioned...

And the solution you told about.... I dont have any more space to dump the data... And I cant lose data on my torrenting partition...
Old 08-03-10   #6
the rocK!
[E]onian
Positive!

Rig Gallery

Rockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly Famed

Bhai then u r screwed
Originally Posted by himanshuaieee View Post
^^
Bhai Rockfella.... This is my Home Computer that I was using 4 years back.... At that time 250 GB was itself a huge space...
My PC at college has 1.5 TB space and well partitioned...

And the solution you told about.... I dont have any more space to dump the data... And I cant lose data on my torrenting partition...

Last edited by Rockfella; 08-03-10 at 04:32 AM.
Rockfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10   #7
Most Valued [E]onian
Most Valued [E]onian
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

use a third party tool like Acronis Disk Director

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.
Free Radical is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10   #8
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Just Chilling Out!!

Rig Gallery

Nope I am not.... I got a way out.....

Actually in disk managment you can extend from left to right(means a filled disk on left hand side can be extended to a free space on right hand side but vise versa is not allowed........)

So I dumped all the remaining data on left disk, deleted the right partition and extended the left partition(the option of extnd volume on right click was coming now....)

Here is the screenie after merging....

Last edited by himanshuaieee; 08-03-10 at 05:29 AM.
Old 08-03-10   #9
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

I suggested using Acronis disk director or Paragon partition manager. use them and merge the partitions, 99% you will not loose the data on the partition.
Old 09-03-10   #10
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Just Chilling Out!!

Rig Gallery

Though problem is solved here...
I just want to ask for future reference ... Does these software works on Win 7 x86 and x64 platforms//..
Old 09-03-10   #11
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

^^ Yes it does.
Old 10-03-10   #12
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Just Chilling Out!!

Rig Gallery

Kool...
Post New Thread  Reply