Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 09-07-12   #1
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Manchester City till I die

HP Deskjet Printer Not Picking Up Paper from the Tray

Okay, this trouble started a few weeks back, when I suddenly noticed that my printer was not taking the paper in when I had kept the paper in the tray. If I don't give "a slight push to the paper" when the rollers are rolling for taking the paper in, the paper does not go inside the printer at all. I don't know how to open the printer for repairing the rollers nor am I able to see them, please tell me guys how to solve this problem?
Old 09-07-12   #2
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Crash

Crash is Notable
Printer Gear broken May be.

Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-12   #3
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

attrish is somewhat of a Mystery
Hi Sam,

All printers have a friction feeder mechanism for paper loading . Its just a eccentric piece of spring loaded rubber roller. This should be located at the center or on the edges on inner side. Just clean it with a cleaner............a nice spray of any deo will work. And in worst case gears might be broken..........would you mind sharing the model no of printer.

Attrish

attrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-12   #4
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

sam9953 is very Notable
Re: HP Deskjet Printer Not Picking Up Paper from the Tray

Originally Posted by attrish View Post
Hi Sam,

All printers have a friction feeder mechanism for paper loading . Its just a eccentric piece of spring loaded rubber roller. This should be located at the center or on the edges on inner side. Just clean it with a cleaner............a nice spray of any deo will work. And in worst case gears might be broken..........would you mind sharing the model no of printer.

Attrish

Wow this seems to be a little difficult to do, my printer is a HP F735, any suggestions ????
sam9953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-12   #5
teh nuB!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by sam9953 View Post
Wow this seems to be a little difficult to do, my printer is a HP F735, any suggestions ????
Sam,
Just remove the papers from the tray and use a torch to look inside the tray. Hit the test print and you'll get to see the loading roller.. or simply hold the printer vertically under table lamp and hit test print to see.....

Attrish

Old 10-07-12   #6
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Crash

Crash is Notable
Sam,better take it to the service center.

Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-12   #7
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

sam9953 is very Notable

Originally Posted by attrish View Post
Sam,
Just remove the papers from the tray and use a torch to look inside the tray. Hit the test print and you'll get to see the loading roller.. or simply hold the printer vertically under table lamp and hit test print to see.....

Attrish

Yesterday I made some discovery, I think that the problem is with the rollers which are placed in the rear portion of the printer, which help the page to go from down to up and come out of the printer, I think those rollers might not be working properly. Do you think I am right?
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Sam,better take it to the service center.

The reason why I am not going to the service center is because I know they will try to rip me off as I am certain that my printer is now out of warranty and this issue is not very big but I sure do hope it can be solved by some help.
Old 10-07-12   #8
teh nuB!
[E]onian

[QUOTE=sam9953;764936]Yesterday I made some discovery, I think that the problem is with the rollers which are placed in the rear portion of the printer, which help the page to go from down to up and come out of the printer, I think those rollers might not be working properly. Do you think I am right?

Check this out ..................
Black roller is the feeder roller.

attrish

Last edited by attrish; 10-07-12 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-07-12   #9
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

sam9953 is very Notable

[quote=attrish;764939]
Originally Posted by sam9953 View Post
Yesterday I made some discovery, I think that the problem is with the rollers which are placed in the rear portion of the printer, which help the page to go from down to up and come out of the printer, I think those rollers might not be working properly. Do you think I am right?

Check this out .................. Fixing Paper Pick-Up Issues - HP Photosmart C3180 All-in-One Printer - YouTube
Black roller is the feeder roller.

attrish
Buddy, you deserve some rep, problem has been solved 100% thanks man, thanks a lot for this video.

Last edited by sam9953; 10-07-12 at 04:24 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago   #10
teh nuB!

lawsonharry is Mysterious

See, I have faced the same issue with my Epson printer L130. I have been using this printer for the last 2 years. Everything was fine. Recently my printer was not able to pick up paper from the tray. To resolve this issue I visit https://www.evernote.com/shard/s459/...%2BIt%2BSolved and from here I got the proper solution.
lawsonharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply