Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Reviews & Previews
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Comment

Article Tools Search this Article
How to Write Articles on Erodov
Date: 19-02-09
Topic: Reviews & Previews
Author: vijayninel

Index
Home 
How to Write Articles on Erodov

Hi Eonians,

Here's a small guide on how to write articles on Erodov. Its all really very easy, so let me walk you through the process here step by step.

Firstly to write an article here, you must be a registered member of Erodov and you must be logged in. If you have not registered already, then click here to do so.

Next head over to our article section, here you will find a section called "Drafts: Articles/Reviews/Tutorials Go Here. Click on that and you will see the "new article" button. It looks like the pic below,

Just click on the New Article button and you are ready to go.

Now an important fact: What you write here remains here, as a "Draft" until we publish it. So until it is published, it will be visible only to you and the moderators. This gives you complete freedom to work on your draft in privacy, you need not write the whole article in one go. You can finish it in parts at your leisure. Your draft will only be published when you have informed the moderators that your article is ready. You will get to know how, at the end of this guide.

In the article page, you will first see an option for selecting a header image. The field below that is for entering the article title and byline.

The header image, title and byline look like this in an Article's index page, so choose something appropriate:

You can select your own header image by browsing to the location of the image in your computer. The header image can have a maximum dimension of 100x100 pixels, so if you select an image larger than this, it will be re-sized automatically. So it's better if you select a picture which will look good even at a smaller resolution. Note that the Image will not uploaded immediately, but when you submit the article.

Next you will see the Post New Article Box which looks as in the pic below,

You can write and format your article here using the various formatting options available. Here you may also add hyperlinks, attachments, Images and draw tables.

So now you can start writing your article as you feel fit. What you write initially will appear in the first (Index) page.

All the article pages will be written in this dialogue box only. so when you feel that you have finished working on the the first page, click the New Page option in the dialogue box. This will open a new page popup prompting you to enter the title of the next page. Enter the desired title and click OK.

This will not take you to a new page, but will put a page break code (BREAK="PAGE NAME" BB code) in square brackets. When the article is submitted the page will automatically be split into multiple pages where ever this code is inserted.

When you have finished writing what you wanted, click the submit new article button and your article will be saved in the Drafts section.

Note that even after submitting, your article will still remain in drafts, what you write here will only be visible to you and the Moderators.

Once you feel that you have finished working on the article, then post a reply below the article saying that you have finished your article. Thereafter the Moderators may ask you to make some changes to the article before publishing it, so keep a watch on the posts below your article. These posts will not be visible when the article is published so feel free to say anything about the articles, and you will be answered by the moderators.

That's it, you dont have to do anything else. Once all the changes are made, and work is done, the Moderators will publish the article for you.

If you still have any doubts then you can contact the following moderators..
KiD0M4N
Happy articulating.

Index
Home 

Tools
Add to vijayninel's Karma
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
By reYez 21-02-09
Re: How to Write Articles on Erodov

thanks for this article, will surely help me. reps.
By Scorpion 21-02-09

Hey very helpful man reps
By BLuEBLOODED 21-02-09

^^Expecting one from you then Scorpy.......Nice effort vj...
By Kage 21-03-09

This has been immensely useful for writing my article. Many thanks.
By Cyn1c 08-03-10

^It will be for times to come Our Original Article writing contest is underway and I'd urge everyone to go through this article first.
By IshanSaluja 08-03-10

Originally Posted by Cyn1c View Post
^It will be for times to come Our Original Article writing contest is underway and I'd urge everyone to go through this article first.
OMG Tell us already, you sneaky guys have been dropping hints here and there...!!!
By nikrusty 19-03-10

cool am gonna get down to article writing!
By roadrippersid 06-04-10

thanks to all for the post now i am thinking of writing a article for the contest tom i am resigning from the company hope my notice period is just 1 month
By gokujames 05-06-10

thanks for the article.I have to write a article now
By ViKiD 05-06-10

Nice!
By aakash 01-11-13

Im not able to make a new post on reviews.Mods please help.
By Kongrui 15-01-15
Icon14 Re: How to Write Articles on Erodov

Hey Hi!

Really a good peace of help to start writing a article.

Thanks you very much for this approach.

Regards,
Rui
By surya kumar 20-02-16

Thanks for the info it helps us a lot.
By david19922 12-07-17

Hello Friend
David here, as i found you question on forum. You are facing difficulty in posting/writing article on this page. This make me answer your question, I would like to say you that please visit our page and then click on the article, where you will see tutorials as well as the current updated article, atlast you will find the link for writing / posting article on this forum
I hope you get that link
Thank You
Post New Article  Comment
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search