Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Bazaar > Classifieds For Sale
Register Forgot Password?

Cpus Motherboards and RAMGraphic CardsPower SuppliesMonitorsStorage MediaAudio HardwareCabinetsMobile PhonesSoftwareFans and HeatsinksHard DisksPeriphiralsOtherVideo GamesPC's and LaptopsKeyboards and MiceRegister Now
Classifieds Search Menu

Old 03-05-08   #1
TheITWares.com Rep
Registered Vendor
I havent set my status yet.

How to Safely Pack Products for Shipping

When shipping Electronics the best best ways to ensure that they are not damaged in transit - -

Small things which you can remember while packaging the material which i normally follow so that all the material i send reaches the destinations safely.

1) Shipping Motherboard/Graphic Card/DVD RW's, Processors -

Normally the above listed products come in a hard cardboard box so there's no problem with that, but sometimes u get Mobo's/Graphic Cards where the outer Box's are Big and the things inside the Box just keep on banging here and there which is not good coz these are after all electronic stuff which tends to break easily Image a broken capacitor on a Brand new Mobo or a Graphic card.....

So to prevent the above stated problems one can easily use things like Small pieces of Thermocol Sheets(Inside the Box if its not sealed), Bubble Paper (This is the best thing, wrap this outside the box so that the box can be used by the other person) so that nothing inside or outside gets damaged.

Now you have a Bubble Wraped Box , now cover the entire Box with a brown colored tape which you can easily get at any stationery shop and wrap it nicely all around the Box so that nothing of the Box can be seen.

Take a A4 sheet Print out/Ball pen (No Ink Pen or Gel Pen save it from water) the Shipping Address n Shippers Address so with the mobile nos so that both can be contacted easily.

Put this part of the A4 sheet on ur nicely wrapped Box and now use a transparent Tape so tat everyone can see the address where the parcel is being shipped.

2) Shipping HDD's

HDD's are very fragile as they normally don't come in nice Box packing or Plactic packing so you'll have to be a bit creative here

One can use a small Box like a "Box of sweets" normally you can get them lying around easily and then follow the same procedure sated above (make sure that you have a thin sheet of thermocol between the HDD and Box inside which ur packing it)

If you really dont get a Box still its fine keep the HDD on a peice of thermocol now cut the thermocol in such a way that the size of the thermocol and the size of the HDD is the same. now cut one more and keep it above the HDD and cut two long peices and place them side ways basically make a Box out of the thermocol it self now use tape and make sure the HDD and the thermocol are nicely fixed with each other ... now use the Bubble paper to wrap the HDD and then do the same as stated above.

3) Shipping Cabinets - -

Normally the High end cabinets don't require a gr8 amount of packaging as they already have nice thermocol cover on them which keeps them safe.

Now for the ones like Zebronics / I Ball specially the ones with Acrylic Side panels which can get a small crack too which is bad as the end user will not like to use a cracked cabinet at all.

One can get a single sheet of thermocol which is normally big enough and use it.

Normally the sides of most of the cabinets comes already guarded with thermocol sheets so just cut the Big thermocol sheet into 4 different sizes

2 - Size of the remaining space which is open where damage can occur easily.

2 - Size of the remaining space on the Top and Bottom of the cabinet.

Now place the first two sheets side ways covering both the side panels of the cabinet and use the tape and fix it nicely and then place the other 2 sheets at the top and bottom of the cabinet and use the tape to fix them nicely so that no damage can occur anywhere on the cabinet.

Now place the cabinet inside the Box and be sure that u use some amount of tape on the Outer Box so that the box remains undamaged during the transit.

Ok... that's all for today will be updating more in coming days so that no one ever faces a problem again while shipping and no one has to bear any loss ever.

These are just my 2 cents other Members/Dealers are also welcome with their suggestions so that we can help each other with the same.

Thank You

TheITWares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-08   #2
teh geeK!
[E]onian

200mph is highly Admirable200mph is highly Admirable200mph is highly Admirable200mph is highly Admirable200mph is highly Admirable200mph is highly Admirable
Bazaar Feedback : 28 deals
Re: Material packaging - Shipping Do's and Don't's

Nice work there rahul. Hope u adds the pics soon.
200mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-08   #3
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Bazaar Feedback : 1 deals
Re: Get Them There In One Piece!!

Nice one rahul.....200mph consider making this one a sticky...
Old 03-11-08   #4
teh nuB!

Rig Gallery

manuvikram007 is highly Prominentmanuvikram007 is highly Prominentmanuvikram007 is highly Prominent
Bazaar Feedback : 0 deals

Very helpfulllllll stufff there bro>>>>>>>>>>
manuvikram007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-08   #5
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

stonedsurd is extremely Renowned
stonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renowned
Bazaar Feedback : 8 deals

Yep. great guide(s).

Now someone tell me how to transport a 13KG chassis from the US to India, without being over the weight limit!
stonedsurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-08   #6
Half-Demon Gun Slinger
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Hells_Fury is highly AdmirableHells_Fury is highly AdmirableHells_Fury is highly AdmirableHells_Fury is highly AdmirableHells_Fury is highly AdmirableHells_Fury is highly Admirable
Bazaar Feedback : 12 deals

^^Use it as a suitcase
Hells_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-08   #7
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

stonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renowned

^^Seriously thinking about that!
Old 03-11-08   #8
teh zeuS!
Common Sense - A Superpower

Fenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly Admirable
Bazaar Feedback : 2 deals

Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
^^Use it as a suitcase

WAO.......using the HAF as a suitcase...ROFL...ROFL... . Best ventilated suitcase .
Old 03-11-08   #9
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

^^Got a better idea?
I really want to get it back, but dad is saying sell it and get something else
Old 03-11-08   #10
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Aragorn is extremely Renowned
Aragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely Renowned

awesome info .. pics would make it even better ...
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-08   #11
ਦਿਲ ਆਪਣਾ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ !!!
I don't wanna set any status..

Rig Gallery

vasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Great
Bazaar Feedback : 23 deals

Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
Yep. great guide(s).

Now someone tell me how to transport a 13KG chassis from the US to India, without being over the weight limit!
Are get it stuffed with all your clothes and other junk and take it as a check in baggage. Wont be much of a trouble.
Intel Core i5 3550s | Asus P8B75-V | GSkill 8GB DDR3 CL7 1333MHz | MSI 660Ti Power Edition | Wetern Digital Green 2TB | Intel 330 128GB SSD | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo | Corsair TX650V2 | CM Gladiator 600 | Logitech G500 | Steelseries QcK Mass | Logitech Z506 | Samsung 40EH5000 LED TV
vasishta.sushant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-08   #12
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

^^I don't want it mishandled in transit
Old 03-11-08   #13
TheITWares.com Rep
Registered Vendor

TheITWares is highly AdmirableTheITWares is highly AdmirableTheITWares is highly AdmirableTheITWares is highly AdmirableTheITWares is highly AdmirableTheITWares is highly Admirable
Bazaar Feedback : 44 deals

Arre read what i have wriiten abt shipping cabinets na fully cover it with thermacol from outside using Tape and then put it back inside the box then i am mostly nothing shld happen
TheITWares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-08   #14
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

^^Yeah I don't want to ship mate, just bring it back in my luggage or something. Don't worry, this thread has given me some ideas.
Old 04-11-08   #15
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Raman[N] is highly AdmirableRaman[N] is highly AdmirableRaman[N] is highly AdmirableRaman[N] is highly AdmirableRaman[N] is highly AdmirableRaman[N] is highly Admirable
Bazaar Feedback : 2 deals

Well DEserved Reps DUde.
AMD Phenom II X3 920 BE @ 3.2GHz // Ultima 90 // Asus M4A785TD-V-EVO // 16GB G-skill Sniper // Sapphire HD 5770 // CM690 // CM 500W Extreme // Razer Lycosa // LG L224ws 1680x1050 16:10 (Ratio is all i like).

Formerly, The not so fameous "Antonio Montana"
Raman[N] is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply