Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Bazaar > Classifieds For Sale
Register Forgot Password?

Cpus Motherboards and RAMGraphic CardsPower SuppliesMonitorsStorage MediaAudio HardwareCabinetsMobile PhonesSoftwareFans and HeatsinksHard DisksPeriphiralsOtherVideo GamesPC's and LaptopsKeyboards and MiceRegister Now
Classifieds Search Menu

Old 02-05-08  
TheITWares.com Rep
Registered Vendor
I havent set my status yet.

TheITWares is highly AdmirableTheITWares is highly AdmirableTheITWares is highly AdmirableTheITWares is highly AdmirableTheITWares is highly AdmirableTheITWares is highly Admirable
Bazaar Feedback : 44 deals
How to Safely Pack Products for Shipping

When shipping Electronics the best best ways to ensure that they are not damaged in transit - -

Small things which you can remember while packaging the material which i normally follow so that all the material i send reaches the destinations safely.

1) Shipping Motherboard/Graphic Card/DVD RW's, Processors -

Normally the above listed products come in a hard cardboard box so there's no problem with that, but sometimes u get Mobo's/Graphic Cards where the outer Box's are Big and the things inside the Box just keep on banging here and there which is not good coz these are after all electronic stuff which tends to break easily Image a broken capacitor on a Brand new Mobo or a Graphic card.....

So to prevent the above stated problems one can easily use things like Small pieces of Thermocol Sheets(Inside the Box if its not sealed), Bubble Paper (This is the best thing, wrap this outside the box so that the box can be used by the other person) so that nothing inside or outside gets damaged.

Now you have a Bubble Wraped Box , now cover the entire Box with a brown colored tape which you can easily get at any stationery shop and wrap it nicely all around the Box so that nothing of the Box can be seen.

Take a A4 sheet Print out/Ball pen (No Ink Pen or Gel Pen save it from water) the Shipping Address n Shippers Address so with the mobile nos so that both can be contacted easily.

Put this part of the A4 sheet on ur nicely wrapped Box and now use a transparent Tape so tat everyone can see the address where the parcel is being shipped.

2) Shipping HDD's

HDD's are very fragile as they normally don't come in nice Box packing or Plactic packing so you'll have to be a bit creative here

One can use a small Box like a "Box of sweets" normally you can get them lying around easily and then follow the same procedure sated above (make sure that you have a thin sheet of thermocol between the HDD and Box inside which ur packing it)

If you really dont get a Box still its fine keep the HDD on a peice of thermocol now cut the thermocol in such a way that the size of the thermocol and the size of the HDD is the same. now cut one more and keep it above the HDD and cut two long peices and place them side ways basically make a Box out of the thermocol it self now use tape and make sure the HDD and the thermocol are nicely fixed with each other ... now use the Bubble paper to wrap the HDD and then do the same as stated above.

3) Shipping Cabinets - -

Normally the High end cabinets don't require a gr8 amount of packaging as they already have nice thermocol cover on them which keeps them safe.

Now for the ones like Zebronics / I Ball specially the ones with Acrylic Side panels which can get a small crack too which is bad as the end user will not like to use a cracked cabinet at all.

One can get a single sheet of thermocol which is normally big enough and use it.

Normally the sides of most of the cabinets comes already guarded with thermocol sheets so just cut the Big thermocol sheet into 4 different sizes

2 - Size of the remaining space which is open where damage can occur easily.

2 - Size of the remaining space on the Top and Bottom of the cabinet.

Now place the first two sheets side ways covering both the side panels of the cabinet and use the tape and fix it nicely and then place the other 2 sheets at the top and bottom of the cabinet and use the tape to fix them nicely so that no damage can occur anywhere on the cabinet.

Now place the cabinet inside the Box and be sure that u use some amount of tape on the Outer Box so that the box remains undamaged during the transit.

Ok... that's all for today will be updating more in coming days so that no one ever faces a problem again while shipping and no one has to bear any loss ever.

These are just my 2 cents other Members/Dealers are also welcome with their suggestions so that we can help each other with the same.

Thank You

TheITWares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-12   #31
Banned

Rig Gallery
Re: How to Safely Pack Products for Shipping

make an external box out of thremocol...then bubblewrap...afterwards tape it off....should survive...

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you

Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12   #32
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
wheee

livfstdieyoung is Mysterious
Bazaar Feedback : 5 deals

I am buying a cabby, HDD and psu ...would it be okay if I got the cabby shipped with the psu and hdd screwed in their respective places (wouldnt they get damaged if the cabinet gets bumps :? ).. ideas ? thanks
AMD Phenom ll 1100T + Sunbeam core contact freezer 120 || Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 || EVM DDR3 4 GB 1333Mhz || Dell ST2220L || Corsair VX 450 || Steelseries kinzu || TVS Gold || Razer Goliathus || Sennheiser HD205

Planning to sell :Ibanez RG 370B (bridge needs repair ) , Gator universal guitar flight case and ZOOM G7.1ut ..
livfstdieyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12   #33
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Learning to code...

CA50 is very HonorableCA50 is very Honorable
Bazaar Feedback : 11 deals

A suggestion from my end. Please cover the CPU socket with the plastic cover, to avoid any damage to the pins.
Old 08-07-12   #34
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
wheee

Originally Posted by CA50 View Post
A suggestion from my end. Please cover the CPU socket with the plastic cover, to avoid any damage to the pins.
err there is no mobo...just the cabinet psu and hdd...
Old 09-07-12   #35
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Learning to code...

CA50 is very HonorableCA50 is very Honorable
Bazaar Feedback : 11 deals

Originally Posted by livfstdieyoung View Post
err there is no mobo...just the cabinet psu and hdd...
mate, my post was not directly for you, it was for everybody
CA50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-12   #36
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
wheee

my bad
Old 09-07-12   #37
Banned
Curious Troll! :P

Dave is very HonorableDave is very Honorable
Bazaar Feedback : 10 deals

I am buying a cabby, HDD and psu ...would it be okay if I got the cabby shipped with the psu and hdd screwed in their respective places (wouldnt they get damaged if the cabinet gets bumps :? ).. ideas ? thanks
NO!! Not like that. Definitely not with the HDD.
Heres a brief guide:
1. Roll the HDD with a bubblewrap. Then place it inside a cardbord box with 1/2-1 inch thick Styrofoam on ALL sides. Dont let the HDD be loosely placed/movable inside the box.
2. Pack the PSU in the same process as above. With rubbery/bouncy material over the styrofoam. This should give a higher chance to prevent any 'shock' if mishandled during transit.
3. If you still want to ship the HDD and PSU inside the chassis then tie up the boxes (of HDD, PSU) tightly with a sturdy material. Place a thick styrofoam inside the chassis to put the boxes in place. Make sure that the styrofoam 'locks' up the two boxes tightly.

Hope it helps.
(I will post pics soon).
livfstdieyoung and arup like this.

Last edited by Dave; 09-07-12 at 03:18 PM.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-12   #38
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
wheee

Originally Posted by K417D View Post
NO!! Not like that. Definitely not with the HDD.
Heres a brief guide:
1. Roll the HDD with a bubblewrap. Then place it inside a cardbord box with 1/2-1 inch thick Styrofoam on ALL sides. Dont let the HDD be loosely placed/movable inside the box.
2. Pack the PSU in the same process as above. With rubbery/bouncy material over the styrofoam. This should give a higher chance to prevent any 'shock' if mishandled during transit.
3. If you still want to ship the HDD and PSU inside the chassis then tie up the boxes (of HDD, PSU) tightly with a sturdy material. Place a thick styrofoam inside the chassis to put the boxes in place. Make sure that the styrofoam 'locks' up the two boxes tightly.

Hope it helps.
(I will post pics soon).
Thats very helpful repped you to
Old 09-07-12   #39
Banned
Curious Troll! :P

Dave is very HonorableDave is very Honorable
Bazaar Feedback : 10 deals

Thats very helpful repped you to
No problem. Happy to help. Thanks for the rep.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14   #40
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Game On!

mrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputable
Bazaar Feedback : 2 deals

This is a really helpful thread

iShock and S-plosion

are the two new killer features of the smartphones
mrnikhilsudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-14   #41
teh nuB!
to sleep or not to sleep

xlyph is Mysterious
Bazaar Feedback : 4 deals

Really takes a while to open packages shipped by this guy buy often from ITWARES
xlyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-14   #42
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

dxkiller is Mysterious
Bazaar Feedback : 4 deals

computer_fxcom-page-002.jpg

computer_fxcom-page-003.jpg

computer_fxcom-page-004.jpg

computer_fxcom-page-005.jpg