Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Tutorials and Guides
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Comment

Article Tools Search this Article
How to Legally Purchase/upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for $14.99 or Rs. 699
Date: 29-10-12
Topic: Tutorials and Guides
Author: Madhusudan Banik

About Author:
Network admin at day. [E] Lead Hardware Geek at night

Index
Home 

Our forum is getting confusing by the day on how to purchase Windows 8 and from where to, there are various discussions about the various options but in my opinion nothing is crystal clear. But do not fret, since I am here for your rescue and if you are a stickler for discounts and offers then also you have landed on the right page. But lets go one step at a time.

Just for people who are not keeping a tab on prices, retail price for Windows 8 Pro is $169.99 or INR 8499, which is close to the usual price for retail Windows OS. But during the initial promotional period which will be running till 31st January 2013, existing users of Windows 7/Vista or XP, can purchase Windows 8 Pro for $39.99 or INR 1999 which btw is a discount of more than 70% . To avail the offer you first need to download Windows Upgrade assistant, which incidentally does not even check for validity of existing license key, which means you can proceed further to legally buy Windows 8 Pro for INR 1999.

But wait it gets even better, there is another promotional offer going on for those who have bought a Windows 7 PC between 2nd June 2012 and 31st January 2013, for those eligible the upgrade price is $14.99 or INR 699. Ah! I see you are already dejected since you are not eligible for this promotional offer, but please do not be, since it seems Microsoft wants everyone to go legit with Windows 8. Follow the steps below to get your Product Key and enjoy.

Click on Windows Upgrade Offer website, for our forum members based in India click here. First fill out the form and as you will see that none of the details asked can verify your purchase.

Once you fill out the form you will get an email with the registration information followed by a mail with Promo Code which can be used to purchase Windows 8 for $14.99 or INR 699. To purchase you will need to download the Upgrade Assistant application from Upgrade to Windows 8 website.

Now the point of speculation is that why would Microsoft not validate your existing Windows XP or Windows 7 license, and in the process make millions feel cheated who have paid the full price of $39.99. I would say its a simple strategy to make even people using pirated OS turn legit. Some money is better than zero money,

Index
Home 

Tools
Add to thebanik's Karma
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
By herecomesmaggi 12-11-12
Re: How to Legally Purchase/upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for $14.99 or Rs. 699

Thats What I Need To Read Earlier ... Nice info Man !!!
BTW i Upgraded To 8 But After 3 Unsuccessful Retries And Also I Uninstalled Several Intel Drivers And Adobe Apps...
P.S. Online Upgrade Is Crap...
By iknowledge 12-11-12

This no longer works
By prateekS 12-11-12

Yeah this no longer works,the 699 offer now asks for a Windows 7 key !
By uniquegamer 12-11-12

Great Info for current win7 system buyers
By The Knight 12-11-12

I am using pirated windows 7 64bit. Can I upgrade/purchase windows 8? @thebanik
By thebanik 12-11-12

Originally Posted by The Knight View Post
I am using pirated windows 7 64bit. Can I upgrade/purchase windows 8? @thebanik
Only way to find out is by filling out the form, after you submit the filled out form, it asks for the Win7 key, you can enter yours and verify if it works,

@All, this article was written a day after Win8 Launch I believe when this was valid, never bothered to bump it though.....
By metalsnake 13-11-12

Nice info there Knight, will try and update !!!
By tamocha11 05-12-12

".......... a simple strategy to make even people using pirated OS turn legit .................. "

heh heh heh this time Micro$oft is really doing the "rethinking" plan to get some nickels from the pirates !
By partha1955 14-09-13

Now the offer is closed, but I would like to share my story. As usual I ran a pirated xP in my computer. windows 8 initial setup got installed and inspected my pc (core 2 duo E4500 Intel 945 GCNL Mobo 150 GB HD 2GB RAM) and said OK Your PC is good for installation of windows 8 then I paid Rs.1999/- by bank transfer and windows 8 got downloded at around 500 KB speed. I did not get any option to save any ISO image file burning option as some said. Then the real Thamasha began. It again inspected my pc before Installation and said my windows XP is a pirated copy and rolled back my windows 8 and reinstalled windows XP. However I got a windows 8 invoice and key on email and i can down load windows 8 any time I like and use the key. Then I went back to the internet and youtube and got a key changer programme which will change the key of your windows xp in a jiffy and several latest keys on the youtube and tried one by one. Even at the first try it said ok your XP is Genuine and the Windows 8 has got installed. OK what next. It does not play any disk. After some serch in the net it was clear that you have to buy a seperate programme called windows media centre to play DVDs. This was being offered free for some time. And after that you have to pay for that. When I tried to get that it led me to the payment centre only and I did not receive the free key as promised and I have to pay Rs.500/- to get the programme. After I got the programme and installed it I promptly received the free key. Since Windows 8 did not save in my computer they have offered the disk for Rs1100/-. So I opted for the disk in case the original programme got corrupted. When I actually got to pay they added a courier charge of Rs.300 and odd and it was around Rs.1450/-. So all in all I paid around Rs.4000/- for Windows 8. The satisfaction is that I have a paid copy of a software. The Downside is how many amount they manage to collect from India and flew it out side. (It all went to a company in Germany).
By herecomesmaggi 15-09-13

Originally Posted by partha1955 View Post
Now the offer is closed, but I would like to share.... .
Bro, That was totally your fault, First of all b4 installing, upgrading, or changing anything One should read properly the need(requirement) then the process and last the consequences (Public review, response)

Around thousands of threads could be found on thousands of sites,
How to make iso of win 8 from its downloader.!!

Though I reverted back on 7(genuine). I didn't like 8.

The company just tries to get maximum benefits in any way possible, In those benefits u were just a factor...

Slimmer burst here... (m)
By partha1955 16-09-13

Dear Bro you are totally correct. I was not a member of Erodov back then. Though i went to Toms shareware and it showed iso option, but it does not appear in my case. Anyway I was in a hurry and the dead line is closing and the offer of Rs.1999/- is simply irressisteble. I never thought trap doors wiill be built behind it like a Harry Potter movie. The saddest part was that ever paise and rupee collected was converted in to dollar and carted away to Germany. And a pittance was paid to the software developers sloggeing away in Bangalore as salary.
OK what to do Windows 8 was purchased and I am using it now. The pro is that it is self servicing. That means the original OS is stored in the HD untouched and whenever required the PC is repaired/refreshed without the requirement of a programmer CD, unlike the XP. Which reqiured the programmer CD at the drop of a nickel sorry aluminum. The con is to fully exploit the potential of windows 8 you need a touch screen monitor. As of now it is very costly. My present LCD monitor is even has a low resolution i.e. 1028x780 to fully exploit the potential of the OS. Windows 7 is of course a beauty i used it in my office, enjoy it. Thanks - Partha
By herecomesmaggi 16-09-13

I totally feel u bro.

Slimmer burst here... (m)
By Amitfuriousgam 15-09-14

Windows 8.1 available for like 167$ grab it on G2A. Add to karma if this helps.
https://www.g2a.com/windows-8-profes...ey-global.html
By mostwanted2 20-11-14

Did you buy from them? Are you sure it will work?

Originally Posted by Amitfuriousgam View Post
Windows 8.1 available for like 167$ grab it on G2A. Add to karma if this helps.
https://www.g2a.com/windows-8-profes...ey-global.html
Post New Article  Comment
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search