Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 06-06-19   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

How to Fix Windows Update Error

I am recently getting windows error 80070103 on my laptop. I also checked on the internet and got to know that this happens due to some incomplete installed updates. I also update the system but nothing is working. Can anyone provide me a valid solution to fix this issue?
emma199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-19   #2
teh nuB!

AdrianG001 is Mysterious
Re: How to Fix Windows Update Error

Originally Posted by emma199 View Post
I am recently getting windows error 80070103 on my laptop. I also checked on the internet and got to know that this happens due to some incomplete installed updates. I also update the system but nothing is working. Can anyone provide me a valid solution to fix this issue?
Something like this:

That message is telling you that the driver update offered from Windows Update is an older or lesser version than the currently installed driver or has a lower compatibility rating than the installed driver. That means you probably don't want that update and you should be glad the installation is failing.

It is generally not a good idea to accept hardware driver updates (network, audio, video) offered by Windows Update and if you ever see them it is best to hide them so you never see them again. Only get hardware driver updates from your hardware manufacturers WWW site.

Just because Microsoft offers you a driver update does not mean you have an out of date or afflicted driver and it certainly doesn't mean you have to install the driver updates MS offers - it is generally best NOT to install hardware driver updates offered by Microsoft.

Accepting hardware driver updates from Microsoft is one reason there are so many topics in the community that start with "Windows update broke my computer...".

One rule of thumb is "if it ain't broke don't fix it" so if you are not having a problem with video, audio or network don't accept or install those driver updates offered from Microsoft. If you are having a problem like that you should only get driver updates from the hardware manufacturer.

If you see and can recognize those hardware driver updates offered you should right click and hide them:

Pretty soon you might have quite a few hidden hardware updates:

Regards,
Adrian
Windows Admin | Apps4Rent
beingdinu likes this.
AdrianG001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3
teh nuB!

navin154 is Mysterious
Re: How to Fix Windows Update Error

You may want to purchase a driver that is already mounted on your machine or a driver with a reduced compatibility score than one that you have already installed..