Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Software Zone > Applications
Register Forgot Password?

Old 10-04-10   #1
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

How to Convert EXE(ebook) to PDF?

I have an ebook which is saved as exe and we need a key to open this file..
I have the legal key and when i use the key, it opens in Adobe reader.
Now what i want to do is, i want to export it to normal pdf so that i can open in my favorite Foxit reader and also in my mobile..

I googled a lot but couldn't find any solution to this.

Any help in this matter will be highly appreciated
Old 14-04-10   #2
teh nuB!

manix is Mysterious
Re: How to Convert EXE(ebook) to PDF?

WOW..pretty intense stuff.. changing a program to basically a document.. alchemy may be needed... hehe..
manix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-10   #3
Most Valued [E]onian
Most Valued [E]onian
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

have you tried printing it to a virtual PDF printer?

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.

Last edited by Free Radical; 14-04-10 at 07:51 AM.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-10   #4
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

shashankre is highly Prominentshashankre is highly Prominentshashankre is highly Prominent

this ebook is protected by using the following software:
eBook publishing, security and protection - Publish and protect your eBooks with Novisoft's Secure-eBook
shashankre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-10   #5
Most Valued [E]onian
Most Valued [E]onian
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

Theoretically, you can grab what's visible on the screen and ocr it but its too much trouble.
Old 14-04-10   #6
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Try checking the temp folders on the users and the windows folder, while the book is open, to see if the book is cached there. I have been able to extract stuff out this way from some exe auto runs.

ManISinJpr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-10   #7
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

shashankre is highly Prominentshashankre is highly Prominentshashankre is highly Prominent

I checked temp folder but wasn't able to find it..also we cannot print it too
And since the book is ~120 pages...taking screenshot of everypage is extremely tedious!
Old 14-04-10   #8
Most Valued [E]onian
Most Valued [E]onian
-

Rig Gallery

unless you make an app for it

ok., another way out: Since the app needs adobe reader to display, does it run if you don't have adobe reader installed?
Old 14-04-10   #9
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Is the ebook with pictures or only text, if only text then have you tried to copy the text?
You must get some other acrobat software than the adobe reader to do that. like foxit or others.
Old 14-04-10   #10
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

The file doesnot open if there is no adobe acrobat reader!
Old 14-04-10   #11
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

^^ Install other readers or editors, I mentioned foxit try that.
Old 14-04-10   #12
Most Valued [E]onian
Most Valued [E]onian
-

Rig Gallery

aha!
then try replacing the AcroRd32.exe with another standalone pdf tool ( copy another pdf application like Foxit Reader.exe into the path where you have installed Acrobat Reader and rename the latter as AcroRd32.exe)

@ Manish. He has tried to, I am certain but none of them can open the exe file directly I guess. The program loads each page one at a time in memory and runs it throgh Adobe reader. it probably gets the installed path of the reader through the registry, in which case, it may be possible to force it to use a less restrictive PDF reader.
Old 14-04-10   #13
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Ancient Philospher

manu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirable

You cant , here's why :
The Reverse Code Engineering Community • View topic - Secure-eBooks - any chance to unlock?

unless ofcourse you can decrypt the MD5 algorithm . A Supercomputer would be a good place to start .
manu1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-10   #14
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

^^ This I already know of mate, but we are all just deliberating various options.
Old 14-04-10   #15
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Ancient Philospher

manu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirable

The only option i can see is OCR'ing , the file loads its own adobe plugin so you cant do anything about that .
manu1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply