Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. (http://www.erodov.com/forums/)
-   PC Buying Help (http://www.erodov.com/forums/buying-help/pc-buying-help/)
-   -   How Cheap Can We Build a PC in India Now? (http://www.erodov.com/forums/how-cheap-can-we-build-pc-india-now/73208.html)

prabhafriend 30-06-14 03:11 PM

How Cheap Can We Build a PC in India Now?

Before 5 years, I built a decent one for a just 10K. It must be cheaper now. Right?

P.S:
Actually when I was building that 10K PC. The Assembly man told me that it was possible to build even cheaper (like 6.5K but with a lower performance)

Don't Forget: Including Monitors and all...

vijayninel 30-06-14 04:07 PM

Re: How Cheap Can We Build a PC in India Now?

Its not any cheaper. You could probably build a barebones one with 12-14k but it wont be very good in performance.

ChironX 30-06-14 04:41 PM

A sub-10K PC would have to be built with parts which are either two generations old, or second hand.

The general prices of performance components have gone up over the years. To get a moderately powerful PC, one needs to shell out at least northwards of 35K (with a decent monitor, a good UPS, etc.). Add to that price of a legit OS if you're not using Linux, and the total price can easily cross 50K.

Thankfully the generation-wise performance increases mean that a 35K computer can be competent. This is no mean feat.

For that 6.5K computer, a Raspberry Pi is sort of a full-fledged computer running on Linux. Add a 15 inch CRT monitor, keyboard/mouse combo, and you can probably get a computer within 6.5K. But pretty limited one at that.

prateekS 30-06-14 05:00 PM

Are you sure it was 5 years ago ?

And 6.5k , how is it even possible ? Monitor,keyboard mouse included?

prabhafriend 30-06-14 05:07 PM

Yes, Prateek. It's all included. The shop is the First one in the Lamington Street in Mumbai (I think it's Lakhsmi Computers. Can't remember the name exactly)

vijayninel 30-06-14 05:29 PM

Even 5 years back, it wasnt possible to build a decent PC in 6.5k. The shopkeper was probably selling you a PC with refurbished components. It wont be a new PC.

prabhafriend 30-06-14 06:26 PM

Not very sure whether he said with Monitor included. Anyway the Monitor was just 1.5K or 2k around. (Not sure about the brand name) Anyway it got spoiled in a month's usage. I'm sure that he did not tried to sell me a refurbished one but with China boards.

Revolution 03-07-14 06:52 PM

Don't the exact reason but one thing is sure that PC price has increased.
And its increasing day by day.

vijayninel 03-07-14 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revolution (Post 937049)
Don't the exact reason but one thing is sure that PC price has increased.
And its increasing day by day.

Part of the reason is monopoly/cartels of Intel and HDD makers. Money printing by all central banks has also played its part here.

prateekS 03-07-14 08:45 PM

Actually hard drive prices have fallen a lot.. My friend got 1tb portable Seagate external hard drive for 3k off Amazon just 2 days ago. M

Sent via Tapatalk from my Samsung Galaxy S5

arup 03-07-14 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prateekS (Post 937067)
Actually hard drive prices have fallen a lot.. My friend got 1tb portable Seagate external hard drive for 3k off Amazon just 2 days ago

Actually it's not fallen compared to the prices before the flood/tsunami/whatever was in thiland/china/whatever. Then I bought 1tb seagate ext desktop for 2500+vat.... :)

prateekS 03-07-14 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arup (Post 937076)
Actually it's not fallen compared to the prices before the flood/tsunami/whatever was in thiland/china/whatever. Then I bought 1tb seagate ext desktop for 2500+vat.... :)

2.5 inch portable was never that cheap.. And 2500+ vat is how much?

2700-2800?

arup 03-07-14 10:21 PM

I mentioned seagate external desktop ( remember the 3.5" hdd with power adapter)..... Vat was 4% then and it was 2600 if I remember correctly...

About the main topic, here is a low config that suits basic usage + multimedia and has HDMI, USB3.0, SSD etc. Total Rs. 14000
CPU-Mobo---- Biostar A68I-350 -Rs.5000
RAM- Local brands 2GB DDR3- Rs.1300
SSD- Sandisk U100 32GB- Rs. 2000
Cabinet+SMPS - cheap intex/frontech - Rs. 1000
Monitor- 15.6" USB LED AOC-- 4100
Keyboard/Mouse- Normal USB- 600

Revolution 04-07-14 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prateekS (Post 937067)
Actually hard drive prices have fallen a lot.. My friend got 1tb portable Seagate external hard drive for 3k off Amazon just 2 days ago. M

Sent via Tapatalk from my Samsung Galaxy S5

In few years back 2TB internal HDDs were sold @3.5K.
Then came the historical flood.