Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > News
Register Forgot Password?
Post New News  Reply

Article Tools Search this Article

Old
HIS Unveils HIS 7950 3GB - The Affordable Tahiti
by hawk 31-01-12

HIS Unveils HIS 7950 3GB

The Affordable Tahiti

Hightech Information System (HIS) today announced the launch of HIS 7950 3GB. The card provides a budget choice for keen gamers who wish to experience the latest 7900 series. With a clock rate of 800 MHz, memory clock of 5.0 Gbps as well as a 384-bit memory interface, the HIS 7950 3GB offers top-class performances just like its 7970 sibling!

HIS 7950 3GB comes with the HIS Weight Lifter that makes the card last longer. It takes some weight off of the card and the PCIe slot, providing a simple but effective solution to prevent potential damage to the card due to the card’s weight.

New Design, New Experiences PCI-e 3.0 Support
Armed with the latest PCI-e 3.0 bus design maximizes performance by delivering double bandwidth per lane of PCI-e 2.x. Paired the card with the latest platforms and get the ultimate performance!

More Graphics, Less Power : The new architecture of the card gets more usable processing power for your money, enabling better frame rates in the latest games at high resolutions. In addition, with AMD PowerPlay™ & AMD PowerTune technologies, you can optimize the balance between performance and power consumption of your system by adjusting the engine clock during runtime of the card. Manage the power and keep your wallet loaded!

See More, Win More! : The card is capable to turn your computer into a super gaming machine. Enjoy the latest 3D games with stunning graphics and effects that your enemies cannot match! Get an immersive experience with AMD Eyefinity “2.0”!

Expand your game across up to 4 displays while your opponents have one monitor. Along with all-new support for stereo 3D, universal bezel compensation and brand new display configurations, take the unfair advantage over your opponent and win more with the surround sight!

Game Better & Faster : With full Microsoft DirectX® 11.1 support, the card is ready for next generation DirectX games. Equipped with AMD HD3D technology, you can enjoy a stereo 3D experience in the latest 3D games. The card also offers up to 2x faster tessellation and faster DirectCompute over earlier cards. Gamers will be pleased to enjoy the life-like graphics!

Sounds Better : Output protected high bit rate 7.1 channel surround sound over HDMI with no additional cables required, heightening the sense of reality!

See Better, Enjoy Better : The HIS 7950 3GB supports 30” LCD monitor and any large size TV up to 80" feature with 16:9 ratio in amazing 4096 by 2160 resolution. Up-scaling your computer into a multimedia center with the biggest display! With Full HD 1080p support, the card delivers high quality 1920X1080 graphics, enabling seamless full-screen video playback. See HD, hear HD and feel HD - Enjoy the beautiful graphics now with the card!

Enjoy Copy Protected Movies : The card is HDCP complaint, enabling users to play copy-protected content, such as commercial DVD movies.

Enjoy True to Life Graphics : Quad HD videos have resolution four times that of current HD videos, meaning images too clear that may deceive your eyes! With the card, you are set for getting the movie theater experience to your home. You may be able to watch a video shooting the Eiffel tower and zoom it in to see your friend’s face clearly from the top! Get your eyes impressed and enjoy mind-blowing graphics with extreme clarity, depth and texture!

View More, Work Better : Having one dedicated screen just for twitter or Facebook and a second for outlook is not a dream anymore. The card features 2 Mini-display Ports for enhanced workspace flexibility. You can easily connect to two displays, including the 27” Apple LED Cinema Displays with the two Mini DisplayPorts. The dual-link DVI port allows you connect to a 30” DVI display up to 2560x1600. Resolution can even reach 4096x3112 with HDMI 1.4a that are good for TV up to 80"!

The card is an ideal solution for all those who rely on having several applications visible simultaneously for extra productivity. Multi-tasking just got a lot simpler! Make your computer a multi-display workstation!

This is now locally available through Tirupati Enterprise for an approx price of Rs.27,500 + taxes.

Last edited by vijayninel; 31-01-12 at 02:14 PM.
Views 1741 Comments 28
Total Comments 28

Comments

Old 31-01-12
Staff
Staff
I havent set my status yet.

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished
Rig Gallery
Re: HIS Unveils HIS 7950 3GB - The Affordable Tahiti

Nice,
Old 31-01-12
⎝ᄽ⏝⏠⎠
Community Coordinator
Procreating =8)~

hawk is extremely Renowned
hawk is extremely Renownedhawk is extremely Renowned

Better now - with the high res pics

Last edited by hawk; 31-01-12 at 02:17 PM.
Old 31-01-12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

thunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirable
Rig Gallery

Nice Card but.... isn't the price way much for xx50 Whatta say..
Old 31-01-12
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent
Rig Gallery

Great... see told ya... these cards would break the board some day... Thoughtful... Though the term weight lifter is kinda corny... Should've called it weight optimizer or card support mount or something.
mrcool63 likes this.
Old 31-01-12
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
D3 nightmare

mav2000 is extemely Distinguished
mav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguished
Rig Gallery

LOL, yeah that weight lifter name is kind of really corney.

But the price seems to be in an orbit of its own. I guess 450 USD translates to this for us guys. Anyways am going to stick this gen out, I "hope". Too much hardware spending going on in my life....

BTW, the ref version shown on TPU has the fan on one side of the heatsink. Very similar to the 7970. But this one ahs the fan in the middle, but the card itself has AMD written on the bottom, which means its a ref model. Confused.

Personally I like the new AMD design for the ref cards.

Also Bios switch. How cool would it be if it unlocked???
mrcool63 likes this.
Old 01-02-12
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

The 7950 is kickA$$ .....
Even it kicks A$$ of 580 in games and benchs
I Can't imagine what a 680 would do to answer it??
Old 01-02-12
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Social Status = Fail !

harryneopotter is extremely Renowned
harryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renowned

How Come a 35k card is not affordable but a 29k card is ? Wats the definition of Affordable here ?
seriosia likes this.
Old 01-02-12
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
D3 nightmare

mav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguished
Rig Gallery

Both are unaffordable at current prices. The 69xx was around 13-14k when I bought it and I hoped that the 7950 would be in the same range, around 15-16k. But after seeing the launch prices of the 7970 I was like WTF???

I guess AMD is milking it out till Nvidia has a response.
Old 01-02-12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

thunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirable
Rig Gallery

India this is again heck costly.. WTF
Suggested initial high retails price is 449$ but as we are Indian so this 22500/- card ends up to 27500/- Straight 5K up more than the Retail of US. :S

Hold your horses to buy this beast!
Old 01-02-12
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Returns.

SEB47 is highly ProminentSEB47 is highly ProminentSEB47 is highly Prominent
Dont worry prices should come down when nvidia joins the ship

Sent from my Optimus 2X
Old 01-02-12
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
D3 nightmare

Rig Gallery

Agree.......
Old 01-02-12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Thats agreed guys but the I am saying about the pricing. Why is this so steep - US - India 5K diff :S
Old 01-02-12
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
D3 nightmare

Rig Gallery

Always the case man....See this:

Asus Maximus IV P67 - USD 289 - Approx Rs. 15-15.5k
India price - Rs. 22k

Look at any other mobo, any other SSD, memory anything...everything is more expensive here and the common complaint is that we have a long supply chain...bullshit. The distri's are adding a whole ton of profit on some of the more expensive stuff.
Old 01-02-12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Totally agree!! Simply profit. Supply chanis are in US/UK too and quite bigger. No Stuff are manufactured in there (mass production) but all in China though China is near to India whereas US/UK are far but still India is pricy. :S Can blame Indian Customs still that won't be so much to consider.

Frustrating. :S

Anyways all these are offtopic.. HeHe
Post New News  Reply
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search

Similar News
Article Author Forum Replies Last Post
Affordable EVGA P55 Motherboard .. but Decent ??? hawk Interesting News on the Web 0 09-12-09 07:16 PM
Epson Announces New Affordable HD Projector vijayninel Interesting News on the Web 10 21-09-09 01:05 AM
DFI Blood Iron P45-T2(R)S Elite Series, The Most Affordable OC Mbo wingzero Core Components 20 18-05-09 05:29 AM

Tags
3gb, 7950, affordable, tahiti, unveils