Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > News
Register Forgot Password?
Post New News  Reply

Article Tools Search this Article
Old 01-02-12
⎝ᄽ⏝⏠⎠
Community Coordinator
Procreating =8)~

hawk is extremely Renowned
hawk is extremely Renownedhawk is extremely Renowned
Re: HIS Unveils HIS 7950 3GB - The Affordable Tahiti

Not really off topic .. just discussions.

And it IS frustrating .. more to people like me (who know the actual cost but can't disclose it)

The thing is, no1 can break the distri price of the ref. designs (for ethical reasons) if 1 does, he's blacklisted (for life).

Its bloody Indian mentality .. n we ve to live with it. The PR mail I got abt this was titled "press release - HIS Unveils HIS 7950 3GB - The Affordable Addition to the 7900 Series" and I was really excited ... till the point I had to post costs... when I asked for the actual and what I HAD TO POST!

Abt shipments from China, I personally import E-ciggs from diff Chinese distries on the mainland and the islands. I make payments from my US Paypal .. so I know the shipping costs and duties for both. The shocking part is, Shipping from a Chinese city (through EMS or another reputed courier), 1000 KM from here (mainland or island) is atleast double the shipping cost of the exact same product to any city in the US +10000KM away from there. And thats not all ... the duty charged for the same in India is upto 40 (YES FORTY) times more than that in the US. Thats how it is and we can do shit abt it. If I need something big and urgently, I always order em to my Dubai addy and ask some1 to carry is back to me. Its both, quicker and cheaper that way.

So, we Indians should really stop bitching and find ways to beat the system .. wish we can change it. But, I ve a better chance of becoming the PM, than changing the system in India

That said, Even at this rate, these cards are selling like hot cakes .. cos, those who need it, will get it at any rate (2~3K more for a 30K product is no biggie for em) .. rest of us will wait for the rates to come down (with non ref cards) and keep cribbing/bitching, till then Or find an inside man like *ahem* and get it at (or atleast close to) the US rate (locally) with local warranty
harryneopotter and d6bmg like this.
4770K @ stock | ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO | GSkill TridentX 16GB @ 2400 (10-12-12-31) | ASUS GTX 770 DC2 OC | Samsung 840 pro 256GB | Seasonic X850W 80+ Gold | OCing, after I get the CPU HS & Cabby... and so, this section is still under construction...!

Last edited by hawk; 01-02-12 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-02-12
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Returns.

SEB47 is highly ProminentSEB47 is highly ProminentSEB47 is highly Prominent
But why is he/she blacklisted..?!

Sent from my Optimus 2X
Old 01-02-12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

thunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirable
Rig Gallery

I know I have also seen the bare prices in $$ (other related stuff) but really feel sad!!

Only thing we can do is w8 w8 w8
Old 02-02-12
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by thunder.02dragon View Post
Totally agree!! Simply profit. Supply chanis are in US/UK too and quite bigger. No Stuff are manufactured in there (mass production) but all in China though China is near to India whereas US/UK are far but still India is pricy. :S Can blame Indian Customs still that won't be so much to consider.

Frustrating. :S

Anyways all these are offtopic.. HeHe
The custom duties are high ....
I hope in next budget the indian govt should lower it ...atleast for CPU and GPU and ssd ALL OF THESE ARE PRETTY HIGH PRICE HERE
Old 02-02-12
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
D3 nightmare

mav2000 is extemely Distinguished
mav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguished
Rig Gallery

If they cant come up with a revamped Income tax code, forget about those things. Our laws are made in such a way as to always have loopholes and are always subject to interpretation. Why we cant have simple laws for Income tax or any other tax is beyond me. Anyway from what I understand the more vague and complicated the laws are, the higher the chance of slapping notices on you/asking for bribes.

Anyway back on topic, watch the prices fall when ever Nvidia decides to launch their new series. I just hope its not a fermi.
Old 02-02-12
Tirupati Enterprises Rep.

tirupati is Mysterious

Guys,

Pls take note of the duties and taxes applicable in India for Graphic Cards :

Customs Duties - 17%
Local VAT - 5%

There is Octroi in some locations as well which has to be added on the sale price.

New Egg is selling the Card for USD 470 with a two year warranty and USD 40 for a extended third year warranty.

In India the price with a 3 Year warranty is Rs 27500+ 5% VAT - Rs 28875

In order to further lower the prices we have to have lower duties and taxes.
Old 02-02-12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

thunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirable
Rig Gallery

@^^
Thats right!! Still AFAIK company sells the cards on lower rate just to balance the price with regions. Point is if a stuff retails 100$ in US means this price is including all dealers profit and taxes+import duty etc etc. But in India hope this is not like that 100$+tax+duty+etc etc right.. so ending 150$

Just concern!!
Old 02-02-12
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent
Rig Gallery

Wanted tom post exactly what thunder.02dragon said. The cards are not manufactured in US and are imported too, so in the US, even after the application of these overheads, the prices are much lower. I can understand that the overheads might be lower but in no way is the difference as much as it is reflected on the customers.
Old 02-02-12
Tirupati Enterprises Rep.

tirupati is Mysterious

Just deduct the Customs Duty and Local VAT component and you will see that the selling price is much cheaper. Pls do not forget the USD 40 charge for 3rd Year Warranty. If you consider this then the card is selling cheaper in India.

It really depends on the vendor how they price their products in different markets.
Old 02-02-12
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent
Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by tirupati View Post
It really depends on the vendor how they price their products in different markets.
Exactly.

Indian market is not competitive enough for cut-throat pricing
Old 02-02-12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
iDota

1Sarath is Notable
Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by hawk ♦ View Post
The card provides a budget choice for keen gamers who wish to experience the latest 7900 series.
Yay! Budget card, then reads wall of text and then...

Originally Posted by hawk ♦ View Post
approx price of Rs.27,500 + taxes.

"Budget" can be so misleading these days or am I that poor )

I am waiting to see if the performance : price ratio is better than the outgoing 6000 series.
Old 03-02-12
Banned
--

d6bmg is very Respectfuld6bmg is very Respectful

Originally Posted by MOZ View Post
Indian market is not competitive enough for cut-throat pricing
Exactly. + the number of any particular product sold in USA >> number of products sold in India + much more higher customs (upto 28%) + upto 10% VAT + excessive profit at every level of retail chain. These fact matters in initial pricing, which, we all know, sucks.

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

So, IMO, best way, take a bit of risk, buy the products in USA, and import them via friends, parents, relatives and declare them as personal property. (won't work in case of cabinet though lol)
Old 07-02-12
teh geeK!
[E]onian
now has 1311 posts.. :P

rajan1311 is highly Famedrajan1311 is highly Famedrajan1311 is highly Famedrajan1311 is highly Famedrajan1311 is highly Famedrajan1311 is highly Famedrajan1311 is highly Famedrajan1311 is highly Famed

much better pricing than on the 7970 i gotta say...lets hope some non ref budget cards come out soon...also the 1.5GB version should make it a nearly sub 20k card I hope..
Old 06-04-12
teh nuB!
[E]onian

21stcenturion is Notable

How can anyone think of a 27k card as affordable or a budget one? You can almost own a PS3 and an xbox 360 combined together for that price
thunder.02dragon likes this.
Post New News  Reply
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search

Similar News
Article Author Forum Replies Last Post
Affordable EVGA P55 Motherboard .. but Decent ??? hawk Interesting News on the Web 0 09-12-09 07:16 PM
Epson Announces New Affordable HD Projector vijayninel Interesting News on the Web 10 21-09-09 01:05 AM
DFI Blood Iron P45-T2(R)S Elite Series, The Most Affordable OC Mbo wingzero Core Components 20 18-05-09 05:29 AM

Tags
3gb, 7950, affordable, tahiti, unveils