Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 30-07-07   #1
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

High Quality Cable in India

I was wondering where in India (preferably Mumbai) can i buy high quality audio video cable. My home entertainment room is almost reaching completion, however my PC is a little further away from my amplifier. I was looking for atleast 10ft of both Toslink Optical cable for audio and component. I need good quality (preferably monster cables). I have some with me, but none of them are long enough.

OT: can we have a consumer electronics section ?

Preferred sites (but not restricted to) include:
newegg.com | amazon.com (products shipped by amazon only) | crazypc.com
katmandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-07   #2
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
..I..

Rig Gallery

Dark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly Famed
Re: High Quality Cable in India

+1 for Consumer Electronics . Inbuilt with Mobile Section

Dark Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-07   #3
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

ShakenSoul is very HonorableShakenSoul is very Honorable

10ft Optical cable would be difficult to find unless you order it customised, coz most optical cables are usually 2m long max. If your PC and amp supports coax, you can find some very good quality audio cables here.

http://www.designer-audio.com
ShakenSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-07   #4
teh nuB!
[E]onian

ms_mahu is very Notable

If this could be of any help

http://sumaria.co.in/product_info.ph...bf555029b84bde

http://sumaria.co.in/product_info.ph...bf555029b84bde
ms_mahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-07   #5
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

katmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirable

Hey thanks for the links ms_mahu
works perfect, just that their prices are too high, exactly double of what you get in the US. Compare it to these links.

$16.99
TVsDepot - Acoustic Research Pro II Series Optical Digital Audio Cable (PR182)

$49.99
ACOUSTIC RESEARCH MS292 MASTER SERIES COMPONENT VIDEO CABLE 12 FT | Accessories4less

OK so I have a few more questions:
1. Considering that my length is almost 10ft and also the fact that I am running all my wires concealed in the walls, the audio cable would be in the same pipe with the component cables. There are also power lines running quite close to them but they are in a different pipe altogether. What would be better in this case to use? Optical cable or coaxial cable?

2. Considering the prices in India, I think I am going to get them form the US only. Which brand do you suggest for both the audio and video cables. Is Monster considered the defacto is quality cables or is there anything better out there?
Old 30-07-07   #6
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

ShakenSoul is very HonorableShakenSoul is very Honorable

There should not be any interference if you use the optical cable, according to this article.

How Digital Audio Connections Work > Optical Connections

Belkin is also a quality manufacturer of AV cables.

BELKIN PURE AV AV20000-12 Digital Optical Cable, 12ft, Black - Retail $19.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812123037
ShakenSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-07   #7
teh nuB!

zhopudey is Notable

Pick up cables from monoprice. Most of the branded stuff have grossly inflated prices.
zhopudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-07   #8
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

katmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
Pick up cables from monoprice. Most of the branded stuff have grossly inflated prices.
you mean monoprice.com ? have you ever tried cablestogo.com?
Old 31-07-07   #9
Let me be honest !
Banned

MaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly Dreadful

Yep, we should have an electronics section too, with some deals from you ofcourse , ive been looking to buy good handy cams n stuff but they cost almost double in India after the kind of deals that ive seen on best buy target fry's etc.

"Genius is one per cent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration. Accordingly, a 'genius' is often merely a talented person who has done all of his or her homework." - Thomas A Edison
MaxAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply