Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > PC Buying Help
Register Forgot Password?

Old 24-02-13   #16
Cat in the rat race
Community Coordinator
Incognito

Re: Help Me in Upgrading After Years !

Originally Posted by csunit37 View Post
No gpu in the range of 2-3K is worth it considering the current games..
Exactly what I pointed out in my first post here. OP should snag one from here or wait and save up some money and get atleast something like HD5670/6670.
Old 25-02-13   #17
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

terencefdes is very Notable

I hope OP @DarkRathod has understood all the abbrievated terms used here .... & just in case you have'nt, then please do not hesitate to ask questions
Dark Rathod likes this.
System: i7-3770K | Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H WB Wi-Fi | ASUS GTX 660Ti DirectCUII-Top Ed | Noctua NH-C14 | 16GB RipjawsZ @ 1866Mhz | Ocz Vertex4 128GB SSD | Seasonic X760W Modular | Seagate 1TB + 2TB | Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM | CM Storm Stryker | CM Excalibur 120mm Fan | Lian-Li SATA cables | WD 2 + 2TB | Waiting to hackintosh soon

Etcetra
: LG47" LED 4600 series| WD TV Live Hub| WD 1TB | Seagate 2TB usb3 | Sherwood Blu-ray player BDP-5004 | Technics SGC-770 5.1 - 460W music system with Turntable| Nikon D5000 with 18-55 & 55-300mm | Sound-Blaster Audigy Platinum|htc wildfire S | over 250 vinyl's | AMD Athlon 1800 antique PC !!!

@WORK - Avid DS v11 on Dual Xeon E5649/ Intel S5520SC Board/ 48GB RAM/ 60GB x 2 Intel SSD/ Quadro 5000 / 8TB Storage 15000RPM drives on RAID 6/ Cinetal Broadcast monitor/
Aja Kona 3G IO card / Awaiting HP Dreamcolor Monitor
terencefdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-13   #18
teh nuB!

Dark Rathod is Mysterious

Originally Posted by terencefdes View Post
I hope OP @DarkRathod has understood all the abbrievated terms used here .... & just in case you have'nt, then please do not hesitate to ask questions

I did understan some of the words
Now i will be going to a small build so for now i will be buying : CPU & Board & RAM.

PSU and GPU later

So suggest cheapest dual-core cpu and cheapest available H61 board. Please !
Thankyou all !
Dark Rathod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-13   #19
teh priesT!
[E]onian
GPU !!! Kaput ... :( :(

herecomesmaggi is very Honorableherecomesmaggi is very Honorable

Earlier components i suggested are cheapest and well performing...
Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor Overclocked @ 4.2GHZ. |||| Corsair CWCH60 CPU Cooler. |||| Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 Z77 Motherboard. |||| Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 @1600 Mhz (Dual Channel).|||| WD Caviar Blue 500 GB + WD Caviar Green 2 TB(WD20EARX).|||| Zotac 460 GTS (560 sold, Saving Money For 660Ti).|||| Corsair 300R With Rubber Padding And 4 Fans.|||| Corsair GS 600v2.|||| Asus DRW-24B5ST.|||| LG - M2341A.|||| UPS: 800VA Microtek.|||| Keyboard: Microsoft. |||| Mouce: Kinzu. |||| Pad: Golliath And A Xbox Controller.
Will Soon Update : kraken x60 cooler
Gadgets
Gameboy Advance, PsP 3004 , Ps1 , Ps2 Hdd Modded, Ps3 320GB, Nokia 6700s, Pantech burst, Apple Ipad Gen 4 , Sony Handycam 80GB , Nikon Digital Cam.
Will Update Soon: Dslr cam
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
A thing about Idiots, they drag you from your level of expertise to their level of stupidity, then beat you with their experience !!!
[Please Forgive My Camel Texts !!!]
Old 25-02-13   #20
Cat in the rat race
Community Coordinator
Incognito

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed

Originally Posted by Dark Rathod View Post
I did understan some of the words
Which are the ones you didn't understand?
ChironX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-13   #21
teh priesT!
[E]onian
GPU !!! Kaput ... :( :(

herecomesmaggi is very Honorableherecomesmaggi is very Honorable
Re: Re: Help Me in Upgrading After Years !

Originally Posted by ChironX View Post
Which are the ones you didn't understand?
Like a mod !!! I like it ... definitely you will bring erodov help to a new level. Best of luck man, Appreciate it.
ChironX and Parth SK Tank like this.
herecomesmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-13   #22
Cat in the rat race
Community Coordinator
Incognito

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed

Thank you! I will always need folks like you by my side for helping out
Parth SK Tank likes this.
Old 25-02-13   #23
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Back at [E] atlast !

Parth SK Tank is Mysterious

Originally Posted by herecomesmaggi View Post
Like a mod !!! I like it ... definitely you will bring erodov help to a new level. Best of luck man, Appreciate it.
Thank you! I will always need folks like you by my side for helping out
Yes bros , u will surely bring Erodov to a next level both of you !!!! #Respect
Love it

@ChironX : New MOD ready for dispatch
ChironX likes this.

RIG IN PROGRESS

Parth SK Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-13   #24
Cat in the rat race
Community Coordinator
Incognito

Originally Posted by Parth SK Tank View Post
New MOD ready for dispatch
:O I just became mod and you want to dispatch me already?

Where btw
Old 25-02-13   #25
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Back at [E] atlast !

Parth SK Tank is Mysterious

:O I just became mod and you want to dispatch me already?

Where btw
I said that statement such that whenever a new product is prepared in factory it is ready for dispatch.
Because u r a new moderator hence u r also ready for dispatch.
Hope u understand my words brother.......
AND. congratulations for being our new mod
ChironX likes this.
Parth SK Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-13   #26
Cat in the rat race
Community Coordinator
Incognito

lol, JK bro, I got you
Old 25-02-13   #27
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

lol, JK bro, I got you
Ok fellow mates, bros, comrades, techies n MODS ....... @Parth SK Tank; @herecomesmaggi; @johnjoyjoe and the rest (et.al). It's very commendable what all of you keep doing - Offer sensible & practical advice (and there are times where we need to change our jargon so that what we speak becomes CLEAR to the un-initiated).

Let's get back to our mate @Dark Rathod....... WE are still waiting for you to clarify whatever is it that is not clear. We hope you understand precisely the importance & value of each component that you buy & what is it's significance.

Yes, there is a solution for everyone out here & never ever feel shy or embarrassed with your budget (your every rupee is important to all of us & we would like you to get the best of what you wish to spend).....so that it serves you well.

Cheers
Terry
ChironX and Dark Rathod like this.
Old 25-02-13   #28
teh nuB!

Dark Rathod is Mysterious

Hello friends , sorry it is really late to post but i have bought processor u suggested.... G530 fo Rs.2200
I cant find a cheap board. Locally price of h61 is Rs.3000 n they r not ready to bargain. Also told me 2gb ram for 800 n on flipkart , gaming ram ripjaws cost rs.840
What to do ?
Its getting out of my budget.
Also suggest cheapest good psu under rs.1500 as i will be buying it after 10days and also suggest gpu which i would buy after a month or two...-.....
Thanks @terencefdes
@all thanks

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Also @ChironX : your power supply and graphic card rxplanation was too tough to understand for beginerrs like me.
I am a student studying in 10th and all of u elder to me.
Please help bhaiyyo.....

Dark Rathod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-13   #29
Cat in the rat race
Community Coordinator
Incognito

Originally Posted by Dark Rathod View Post
your power supply and graphic card rxplanation was too tough to understand for beginerrs like me.
Okay, I will try and elucidate so that you can understand. This post might get a little big, but don't worry, read through.

Graphics cards, or Graphics Processing Units as Nvidia first used the term, in short GPU, renders all the graphics and physics simulations you see in a game. Just as the Processor requires RAM to store frequently used programs/codes in it, Graphics cards also require their own video RAM to store common rendered patterns and codes in it so that they don't have to work from scratch to process it again. So, in other words, the more video memory your GPU has, the better it performs in a stock scenario. Like 2GB>1GB>512MB>256MB>128MB - in terms of performance.

GPUs, like any other computer hardware, come in different price points and ranges. For Rs.1000-7000/- range, we call it budget GPU. These graphics cards are for those people who want to play a game with medium or low-medium settings without all the eye-candy cranked up. These also apply to people who play in resolutions like 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1366x768, 1280x720, 1600x900. Some of the cards like the HD5670 and 6670 will be able to push playable frame rates in HD resolution like 1920x1080 as well in some games.

Graphics cards falling into the mid range category usually have prices ranging upwards of 7000/- to around 20,000/-. Most of the higher level cards are capable enough of playing games in full HD resolution, that is, 1920x1080. They come with 1GB or 2 GB versions.

Cards higher than this price range are called High end graphics cards.

Now, desktop processors (some of them) ship with a graphics chip onboard to aid people who 1)do not have the luxury of buying a GPU, 2) Don't need the GPU since they don't play games but still need a little bit of graphics horsepower for other stuff. We have seen this from a long time now. With the evolution of desktop processors, these onboard GPUs (on-board since they are in the processor itself. The higher tech term for this is On-Die) have become more powerful than before. Generally in Intel processors, you will find them as HD2000 and HD3000. If you see a processor's box which has onboard GPU in it, it will be mentioned there.

Now the problem with absolute low end dedicated (I mean graphics cards, not onboard GPU) cards are that their performance is not very superior when you compare them to the onboard GPU. So investing say around 2000 rupees for a graphics card which does not perform better than what you have in your CPU already is a waste. That was my first point. You need to invest in a graphics card worth 5,000/- to really feel the difference in performance, since they have a better architecture than low end bog standard graphics cards.

Now, to my second point about the PSU, or Power Supply Unit. Some people call them SMPS, or Switched Mode Power Supply. A power supply is one of the most critical component in a computer since it handles the responsibility of providing clean power to the motherboard and other stuff like your graphics card, hard disc etc. So having a good power supply is key. Most of us builders forget the essential thing and invest frantically on other parts, and this comes back at them very hard.

The power supplies you will see in your local hardware shop are iball, Zenith, Zebronics, VIP and such. If you do not inquire about them, they will blatantly tell you that this is the best power supply available. And since they are dirt cheap, most of the people don't think twice before getting them. Some of them even come free with the cabinet!

These cheap power supplies don't have the necessary power rating and use very low quality electronic components, so with increased load, their efficiency starts to decrease. Some people might get lucky with them and they might last 2+ years in their system, but for most users, cheap power supplies start breaking down usually within 6 months. Most computer problems in our Indian computer households start with a faulty cheap PSU. That is why I advised you to select from the following manufacturers while buying a PSU - Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, FSP. Cooler Master is a company which makes quality PSUs but their cheap line is absolutely crap so do not buy it.

When you invest in a computer, you should invest in parts which give you peace of mind, right?

Now read this through, and tell me if you need assistance in further understanding or not.

Cheers.
Old 26-02-13   #30
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Thanks @ChironX for putting it across quite clearly. I am going to tag this post & refer to it whenever there is the need.
@Dark Rathod, again it's up to you to still ask any further questions. The joy & beauty of using Computers (and computing) is all the more wonderful when you yourself "understand-fully" what each part/component in your system is capable of doing.

MODS - Just thinking that we need to have a sticky - where all of this is explained & put across in simple and clear language (where even the english words used needs to be understood by a beginner). Something like a "How to Build A Personal Computer for Dummies" - [based on the famous dummies series]. I have pored through many school textbooks on Computer-Studies over the past 25 years (the best are from the ICSE board & the worst - from SSC board). All of them are lacking in one thing only - It remains too theoretical & disassociated from ground realities.

Cheers
Terry
ChironX likes this.
Post New Thread  Reply