Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 01-09-09   #16
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Re: Help in building cs 1.6 rig for Cafe....

hmmm max 20K rig should be enuff then.......am still a bit in the loop between the LCD and CRT though....bcoz of only 1 thing the refresh rates...in CRT's we can play with 85Hz...but in an LCD max is 75Hz....are there LCD's with 85Hz refresh rates if so are they costly?
btw thanks a lot ur suggestions.....
Old 01-09-09   #17
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

^^ dint answer the software query...
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09   #18
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

javelin is highly Admirablejavelin is highly Admirablejavelin is highly Admirablejavelin is highly Admirablejavelin is highly Admirablejavelin is highly Admirable

abt the software he has already bought some Cafe pack from Valve(through Zapak AFAIK)........about the OS i really dont know.......
javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09   #19
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

javelin is highly Admirablejavelin is highly Admirablejavelin is highly Admirablejavelin is highly Admirablejavelin is highly Admirablejavelin is highly Admirable

ok now 1 query....if i get the Biostar 785g mobo and buy a Ati 4200 card and combine the 2 in crossfire (as the 785g supports hybrid crossfire)...how much would i gain I mean graphics rendering wise.........and any idea as to what kind of SMPS would I require go keep this configuration running.....
Old 01-09-09   #20
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Hybrid crossfire is for lower end cards..anything above 4 series will not give any benefit at all. so its useless.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09   #21
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

ahhh sad.....anyways i guess the interagted 4200 should suffice for CS for now....
Old 01-09-09   #22
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

ScaR is Notable

what about this thing
Intel E5200 2.5Ghz (more than enough to run cs at 100fps)
Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L
Transcend DDR2 2GB 800Mhz (cs can run at 256mb with same performance as 2gb)
Samsung 793s Syncmaster 17" CRT (Can handle 120hz refresh rate)
Seagate 250GB
XFX 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 ( no ATI coz ATI dont have Digital Vibrance,most people play cs on 640x480 or 800x600 so u dont need a monster card )

Microsoft IME 3.0 (400dpi for people without gaming mice)
Steelseries Qck (cheapest & best ever )
philips shp800
any decent PSU mentioned by people above

btw i get 100fps constant with 4-5 smokes with a p4 3.0ghz ,1gb ram & palit 8400GS

Last edited by ScaR; 01-09-09 at 02:03 PM. Reason: minor edit
ScaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09   #23
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

hmmm.....nice 1 there saman ......thanks....
Old 01-09-09   #24
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Rig Gallery

wingzero is extremely Renowned
wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by saman View Post
what about this thing
Intel E5200 2.5Ghz (more than enough to run cs at 100fps)
Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L
Transcend DDR2 2GB 800Mhz (cs can run at 256mb with same performance as 2gb)
Samsung 793s Syncmaster 17" CRT (Can handle 120hz refresh rate)
Seagate 250GB
XFX 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 ( no ATI coz ATI dont have Digital Vibrance,most people play cs on 640x480 or 800x600 so u dont need a monster card )

Microsoft IME 3.0 (400dpi for people without gaming mice)
Steelseries Qck (cheapest & best ever )
philips shp800
any decent PSU mentioned by people above

btw i get 100fps constant with 4-5 smokes with a p4 3.0ghz ,1gb ram & palit 8400GS
This is a good config bt i still dont prefer crt's over lcd's mainly due to the power consumption....besides gamers would not refrain from gaming on lcd's just coz of refresh rate....their priority is a gaming mice, decent kbd and a headset preferably with a mic.

Guides n Reviews :
wingzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09   #25
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

yep actually gamers do....refresh rate is a big headache for Cs gamers......most cs gamers (around here atleast) dislike LCD's for that reason....
Old 01-09-09   #26
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

ScaR is Notable

i prefer CRT over LCD because of 2 reason
i use 120hz with CRT in cs,and there is visible difference in-game,my spray is better on 120hz than 75
secondly,mid range LCD have 8ms which can be felt & 2ms LCDs i cant afford
ScaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09   #27
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!

Originally Posted by javelin View Post
yep actually gamers do....refresh rate is a big headache for Cs gamers......most cs gamers (around here atleast) dislike LCD's for that reason....
Buddy I have played CSS at many many levels and trust me, the LCD is not that big a deal... yea, the slower LCDs would add say 30ms to your reaction time, but if you go for the right kind of TN panels (like the good ones from Dell...) you will get the best of both worlds.

Remember, the 'REFRESH' rate is not the important thing in a LCD (it used to be very important in a CRT because of the flickering you would notice in a low refresh rate) but the input lag... and TN gaming panels excel in that.

Go for good 19" LCD and go cheap on the other components... both CSS and CS1.6 do not need so much CPU power to give a decent 100 fps.

Anything above a 2.5Ghz C2D is super over kill. A recent onboard will give you 100 fps at 1024x768 low to medium settings even in CSS.

Keep that in mind and build a wholesome cafe... instead of putting together hardware without thought about the whole situation.

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09   #28
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

xtr.pwnzor is highly Admirablextr.pwnzor is highly Admirablextr.pwnzor is highly Admirablextr.pwnzor is highly Admirablextr.pwnzor is highly Admirable

Processor- Phenom II X2 550 --> 5.5k

Motherboard -- Any decent compatible one ...3K

RAM ---- 2GB DDR2800 ----->1.5K

Harddisk-----> 250GB ---> 2.2K

Monitor----> Samsung 2033 SW --> 7.2K

Cabinet ---> Decent Iball cabinets with good enough PSU ---> 1.5K

Graphics card ----> 9500GT or 8600GT ----> 3.3K

Headphones ---> Philips SHP 2500--> 0.6K

Mouse -----> Microsoft Wheel mouse optical Black ---> 0.8K

Mousepad ----> Surface small mousepad ---> 15 rs .dont go by its price...just that its small....the surface is as smooth as a qck .

Keyboard --> Logitech basic --> 350rs

Never buy a CRT FOR CAFE ....1st of all it takes lot of space , 2nd which is the most important..powerconsumption is a lot higher ...not worthy for a cafe

Me n my friends started a cafe here recently...we got the Samsung 2033 SW...and its as good or better than the crts ...u wont find any uncomfortability playing on them..trust me...the quality of lcds have improved a lot now .
xtr.pwnzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09   #29
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned

^ yups.. wht ever dis dood said..

also his config come too.. umm... bout 26K..

you can ease off the proccy , get a cheaper intel E5300 is sufficient.

personally .. i dnt care much bout whts under the hood.. for playing.. i'v been 2 tourneys wid total kabaad PCs.. we all like to rant bout dat..

(here my wishlist..)

-Display unit does matter.. but as i said CRT is not practical for a Cafe business.. LCDs have evolvd a lot ..
they will suffice.. WCG/ESWC are on TFTs.

-provide a decent amount of table space to a keyboard + full size mouse pad ..
this factors most.. i hate sliding the mouse pad under the KB..

-make sure that for any gamer hookin up his gear KB + Mouse + Headphones is not a hassel.. the back ports of the Cabby shud be easily accesible.

-comfy chair .. cant be stressed enuf.. i prefer ones with minimal armrest.. so that they dnt block ur body-leg movement.. ..
we all have developed sum sort of absurd gaming posture for ourselves.. gamers-comfrt-zone is matters most..

-good food n refreshments .. couches to relax n straiten ur body after long hrs of gaming.. helps a lot..

-lighting shud be appropriate .. not too bright ... not too dark ..

as Kido pointed out.. CRT vs TFT issue is trivial .. whn more important things can enhance the gaming experience..

this setup is nice.. n conserves space..

CABBY mounted up above the LCD .. ample room for gear .. easy access too..

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09   #30
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

ahemmm....nice suggestions dexterboy.....will work on them and yeah nice rig by xtr but I may ease off on the proccy......
Post New Thread  Reply