Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

Old 23-07-14   #1
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Heavy Xiaomi Mi 3 Demand Crashes Flipkart - Sold Out in 39 Minutes

Mumbai, July 22:
Overwhelming demand for Chinese smartphone Xiaomi Mi3 on the first day of its sale caused the product page of e-commerce site Flipkart, its exclusive retailer in India, to crash. Despite the glitches, Xiaomi, which entered India on July 15, said it sold the entire Mi 3 stock in 38 minutes and 50 seconds.

The crash, a little after noon on Tuesday, a few minutes after booking opened, prevented several customers from completing their orders. The same thing had happened during the exclusive launch of MotoG and MotoE phones earlier.

According to Flipkart, the site received 100,000 registrations for the phone during the July 15-21 registration period. “Based on the response we saw during the registration phase, we had anticipated a traffic spike and had scaled up our web services accordingly. But the number of customers who logged in immediately after the phone went live on our site caused the process to slow down for a while,” said the Flipkart spokesperson.

“We got about 100,000 registrations for the Mi3. We sold out within the first 30 minutes,” the spokesperson claimed. Xiaomi Mi 3, which is priced at ₹13,999 on Flipkart, is pitted against Google’s Nexus handset. Apologising to fans who couldn’t purchase the Mi 3 today, Manu Jain, India Operations Head, Xiaomi, said: “We underestimated the demand we would receive and we are taking steps to ramp up the supply as soon as possible.”

“We are working with Flipkart to ensure the purchase experience is improved further and technical issues are resolved,” he added. The Flipkart spokesperson added: “We are expanding our capacity to provide a smoother shopping experience the next time.” Though the company declined to comment on the number of units sold, it said it would be getting the phone back in stock next week. Jain added that Xiaomi would ensure that customers who missed out on today’s sale are automatically registered to buy an Mi 3 during the next sale on July 29.

Source : Demand for Xiaomi Mi 3 sends Flipkart site crashing | Business Line

Gowt1ham and Blue Leaf like this.

Zing zing zing
Member_xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-14   #2
teh nuB!

Rig Gallery

Gowt1ham is very Notable
Re: Heavy Xiaomi Mi 3 Demand Crashes Flipkart - Sold Out in 39 Minutes

I was logged in with 5 accounts across 3 devices and 2 dedicated networks. Yet I had trouble for 30mins before booking my first mi3. Stocks got over within 10 mins of my booking
PII 965 BE @3.95ghz | CM V8 | Aerocool V12 Fan Controller | MSI 790gx g70 | GSKILL RiPjaws 8Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 260 | CM UCP 900W | CM Stacker 830 Nvidia Edition | BenQ 24" | 1.64TB HDD | Logitech G15 & MX 518

Audiotechnica ATH AD700+ FiioE7/E9 | Harman Kardon 2.1
Gowt1ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-14   #3
teh nuB!

ashu812 is Mysterious

I was able to place the order as I had added the phone to the cart a day before the sale happened. Also, it was easier to place the order through flipkart app
ashu812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-14   #4
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

People who managed to place orders are now reselling them for Rs 18-20k in third party sites.
Old 23-07-14   #5
teh priesT!
[E]onian

MadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
People who managed to place orders are now reselling them for Rs 18-20k in third party sites.
IMHO, it will be difficult to sell at that price, since they will be restocking in a weeks time..
Old 23-07-14   #6
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable

Dont know how many sets they will restock and no reason to believe that it will not be sold out like it happened on opening day.
It is because of many of these non users buying just to make some quick money that people who intended to buy to use the handset didn't get a chance. No reason to pay 4k-6k/- premium. Let's wait and watch for now.
Old 23-07-14   #7
Lord Voldemort
Community Moderator
THE TERROR!!!

Rig Gallery

Marun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly Famed

Ahoy!!! What is the name of that game shown in picture?
Old 06-08-14   #8
Most Valued [E]onian
Most Valued [E]onian
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

A friend who knows someone at Flipkart didn't even need to place an order
Insider sales and procurement occurring too. Calling out shens on this

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply