Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > News
Register Forgot Password?
Post New News  Reply

Article Tools Search this Article

Old
Haswell-E Information Leaks, 8 Cores, DDR4, X99 Chipset
by ChironX 16-06-13

Haswell-E information leaks, 8 Cores, DDR4, X99 Chipset

June 16th, 2013, Kolkata - So it's time for camp blue to tease! After AMD unleashed the world's first 5 GHz commercially available processor, it seems like the folks over at VR-Zone have managed to get some inside news of Intel's upcoming enthusiast platform refresh, the 22nm Haswell-E. We know that Ivy-E is due sometime late this year, but the information makes one feel that the jump to Haswell-E might be worth the wait.

So what's new in Haswell-E?

Haswell-E will be Intel's last and best offering using the 22 nm fabrication process, it will come in two versions, core count wise, 8 core part(s) as well as 6 core part(s) with hyper-threading enabled, therefore, boasting 16 execution threads for the 8 core chips and 12 execution threads for the 6 core version(s). The new chips will boast 2.5 MB of L3 Cache per core, summing up to 20 MB total L3 cache for the 8 core parts. TDP will remain in the same neighborhood it was in the case of its predecessors, around 130-140 W.

The biggest change with the new X99 PCH, dubbed Wellsburg, comes in terms of supporting quad channel DDR4 memory. The speeds supported will be in 266 MHz increments starting from 1333 MHz going all the way up to 2133 MHz. The DIMM connector will also be upgraded here to accept 4 additional pins (288 in lieu of 284 in case of DDR3). The low power (1.2v) kits will also be available, which will be supported by the chipset.

Among other things that the new X99 chipset will support, are:
  • Up to six USB 3.0 ports
  • Up to eight USB 2.0 ports
  • Up to ten SATA 6 Gbps ports
  • Integrated Clock support
  • TDP of 6.5W
The LGA 2011 socket will be updated too, dubbed LGA 2011-3, the socket will see the pin layout changing while remaining numerically the same. The change, going by Intel's own slides, claiming superior efficiency. The chip's IHS received a makeover as well, looking very different from current Intel offerings.

According to the leak, HSW-E is due out in Q2 2014. We have to wait and see how much of this info comes out to be actually true, but for now it looks like a mouth watering upgrade for existing SB-E owners and people who were waiting to upgrade.

Source - VR-Zone, TechPowerUp, Guru3D
Attached Thumbnails
>haswell-e-platform.jpg   >31076_05_intel_s_haswell_e_to_kick_some_serious_ass_features_8_cores_ddr4_support_x99_pch_and_mo.jpg   >31076_06_intel_s_haswell_e_to_kick_some_serious_ass_features_8_cores_ddr4_support_x99_pch_and_mo.jpg   >intel-haswell-ult1.jpg  
wingzero, ManISinJpr, CA50 and 1 others like this.
Views 4274 Comments 29
Total Comments 29

Comments

Old 16-06-13
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble
Re: Haswell-E Information Leaks, 8 Cores, DDR4, X99 Chipset

Now this is a STELLAR cpu if this is true, I hope it is.

Amazing ! mind blowing and a tdp of 130watts !!

I so wish that AMD would try at the very least to gain their geeks .

I would suggest this in a jiffy to anybody !

Thanks for sharing @ChironX !!
ChironX likes this.
Old 16-06-13
Patient_Zero
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable

Woah!
Intel again leads the innovation with the DDR4 ram, TDP and performance!

AMD: you should learn something from these guys. Increasing TDP and Ghz speeds wouldn't take you anywhere!
Old 16-06-13
My Eyes are on You Seller
Community Moderator
I havent set my status yet.

johnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputable

when we compare this with AMD's new 5Ghz CPU Obviously this will win as the TPD of this is almost 50% of what New AMD CPu with Draw. 230-250 TDP is way too Much for for a Normal user if you Plan to SLI then you need to get atleast 900-1000 watt PSU becoz your CPU itself will consume 250 out of that Plus other peripherals.

so this would be really a good upgrade if someone wants or thinking of a upgrade. Upgrading/buying it initially would cost a lot as DDR 4 rams it self would take lot hefty amount from your Pocket. if this releases on time as specified then the Skylake would be an upgrade for me as that would be a Different architecture and DDR 4 Rams prices will also come down.
Old 16-06-13
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Rig Gallery

I wonder when DDR4 will go mainsteam. DDR3 has lasted much longer than I had initially estimated.
Old 16-06-13
Community Moderator

johnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
I wonder when DDR4 will go mainsteam. DDR3 has lasted much longer than I had initially estimated.
mostly after 1 year when it releases
Old 16-06-13
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

How much did you envisage the lifetime of DDR3 sir
Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
Old 16-06-13
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
How much did you envisage the lifetime of DDR3 sir
At the time, I had thought that DDR4 should mainstream by the end of 2013. Surely that's not going to happen. The RAM market has been turbulent in recent years with the industry facing problems of oversupply and low demand.
Old 17-06-13
teh zeuS!
Common Sense - A Superpower

Fenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly Admirable

This would be of great news to people needing more computing power. The current hexacore`s cost like 1000-1200 USD,this one would be 1500-1700 $ .
Old 17-06-13
teh spamm[E]R!

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished
Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
This would be of great news to people needing more computing power. The current hexacore`s cost like 1000-1200 USD,this one would be 1500-1700 $ .
Till now Intel has never released CPUs above 1000$. Top CPU of the new architecture only takes the place of previous generation CPU without increasing the cost.
Old 17-06-13
teh zeuS!

Fenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by thebanik View Post
Till now Intel has never released CPUs above 1000$. Top CPU of the new architecture only takes the place of previous generation CPU without increasing the cost.
Dont take it otherwise but refer to this : Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, CPUs / Processors, Processors - Servers, Intel, xeon .

Intel Xeon - 8 core : 1934 USD . So they did release processor above 1000 USD . The cheapest 8 core in the 2011 socket is for 1139$,the E5-2650.
Old 17-06-13
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed

I would want to see how the consumer grade i7-4960X fares against the Xeons. I remember there was an article in Tom's Hardware comparing the 3970X against a Xeon E5-2687W, and while in the single threaded benchmarks the 3970X was slightly ahead, the Xeon was significantly faster and more efficient in most of the processor heavy multithreaded workloads.

Core i7-3970X: Faster, But Less Efficient At The Same Price - Core i7-3970X Extreme Review: Can It Stomp An Eight-Core Xeon?

3970X retails for $1000, and 2687W retails for $1900. Intel didn't release a consumer grade CPU for $1000+. The Xeon's are not consumer grade CPUs.
Old 17-06-13
Community Moderator

Intel Xeon - 8 core : 1934 USD . So they did release processor above 1000 USD . The cheapest 8 core in the 2011 socket is for 1139$,the E5-2650.
Xeon are mostly used for servers, not many end users use it. where as its true that there are these Processors being listed above 1000$ in the retail market. intel has specified a MRP for Every Processor, Retailers mostly Dont cross that.
Old 17-06-13
teh zeuS!

Well,my reply was intended for this -

Till now Intel has never released CPUs above 1000$.
Old 17-06-13
teh spamm[E]R!

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished
Rig Gallery

Well,my reply was intended for this -
Sorry my mistake, I meant for consumer retail. Server grade hardware in any case is very costly and something which I have never kept much tab on.
Post New News  Reply
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search

Similar News
Article Author Forum Replies Last Post
INTEL: Haswell and Related Chipset Discussion Thread (News & Updates) The Knight Core Components 314 15-04-14 07:10 PM
Intel Haswell and Lynx Point Chipset Arrive in March 2013 The Knight Interesting News on the Web 0 16-03-12 08:48 AM
DDR4 to Arrive in 2014, Eclipse DDR3 in 2015 Sumit05 Core Components 1 09-08-11 01:56 PM
DDR3 to DDR4 Transition Chalked-out, DDR4 in 2012 Fenix Core Components 0 26-08-08 04:00 AM
ASUS HD EAH3870 DDR4 Card - Review Cyn1c Graphics Cards 5 09-06-08 11:48 AM

Tags
chipset, cores, ddr4, haswelle, information, leaks, x99