Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Monitors and Displays
Register Forgot Password?

Old 30-10-09   #1
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

HAS My NEW LCD developed Defects..Wits End..Plz HELP!!

HAS MY LCD DEVELOPED DEFECTS???

3 Very Distracting Dark Patches/Smudges have developed (2 at the Top End & 1 at the RHS as shown inside RED Rectangles in the pic below), since last 3 days,which does NOT Go away after numerous attempts of cleaning & rubbing it away!
I am at TOTAL Loss of what to think of it & make it Go away

See it for urself folks, appears more prominent directly through eyes than through camera :

Appears MOST distracting & Prominent in White or Light BAckground

So Those who any have any real idea about defects in LCD & also how to make my LCD's dark areas/smudges go away, Please HELP!!!

& Gosh..this is a BRAND NEW 2Months OLD LCD!!!
Techie#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-09   #2
teh priesT!
[E]onian
status quo

kris is highly Admirablekris is highly Admirablekris is highly Admirablekris is highly Admirablekris is highly Admirablekris is highly Admirablekris is highly Admirable
Re: HAS My NEW LCD developed Defects..Wits End..Plz HELP!!

Maybe its an issue with the ccfl backlighting...and if its only 2 moths old, y not get it replaced?
Old 30-10-09   #3
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

has to be the backlight. Does it happen as soon as you switch on? or after sometime? and does it go away at all?? Maybe you could try connecting to a different power socket or supply as well.
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-09   #4
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Techie#1 is highly AdmirableTechie#1 is highly AdmirableTechie#1 is highly AdmirableTechie#1 is highly AdmirableTechie#1 is highly AdmirableTechie#1 is highly Admirable

No,its ALWAYS there,just NOT when i switch it on...& it DOES NEVER Goes away...it's always there..teasing me what a failure i am!..did a Monitor reset..Nothing positive happens &even if my PC is Not connected & I switch the monoitor on(with NO Signal)...it also appears slightly in the Blue background!...& if i put a Total Black Background/wallpaper,the concerned areas appears a slighly darker than the rest of the screen!
Old 30-10-09   #5
teh priesT!
[E]onian
From The Beginning

Ab-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly Famed

Replace it asap..
Ab-Initio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-09   #6
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

yup time for RMA. BTW, you dont have to be so hard on yourself.. it happens man..
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-09   #7
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

time for replacement. since when is this?

if it is just about a month or so, you can negotiate for fresh replacement rather than repair/refurb replacement.
baba doga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-09   #8
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Techie#1 is highly AdmirableTechie#1 is highly AdmirableTechie#1 is highly AdmirableTechie#1 is highly AdmirableTechie#1 is highly AdmirableTechie#1 is highly Admirable

Brought from Vijay (predatorvj) @August 09 End!
Actually i am fearing the Worst in the RMA,coz RPTech looks after this ASS!
So,thinking will they respect my RMA for a New defect Free LCD of the same model,since it doesnot appear in their usuual book of defects?
Morever i always seem to have a Hard Luck with RMA's..My Brand New 1TB WD Green HD took 4months for a Correct replacement..so am thinking how hard it will be to get back a New LCD of the same model from the RPTEch guys???
Giving it for RMA is the Easiest Part,but getting Back another Brand New Set of the same Model would be the HARDEST Part..soi generally don't fancy a RMA unless there r No alternatives & it's the Last resort..so thinking a LOT!!!
In General, what does the majority think..is it a Backlighting problem only?
For me, it looks like dirt smudges which can easily go away after a Good clean,but whoever,it just doesNOT !!! (Have NOT used any ethyl/methyl alcohol or whatevr some1said..just plain water & soft cloth)

The LCD was Good..except this peculiar problem!
BAD LUCK as i See it!!!!!
Old 30-10-09   #9
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

it may be a panel problem too. and no, it' not a matter of dirt.

where are you located?
Old 30-10-09   #10
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

I am so sorr to hear this mate, I can very well imagine your anguish.
The best choice will be first cleaning it ( and then see ) I am not doubting that you dont clean ur lcd but suggesting as a precaution measure.
then go for RMA man ! and see where the nearest rma center is. write to the company directly and see the reply
send them a link of thread also so that they can also follow that you belong to a community !

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-09   #11
teh priesT!
[E]onian

MAnish,Nice to hear u realy empathise my situation..since u know it all..what i went through to get this particular Monitor!
Again 1/2 hour ago, made a REAL Through CLEAN of the Monitor Screen by deattaching the Monitor from Power & the DVI cable it is setup with..& i mean REALLY thorough,NOT a Liitle speck of Dust even on it now,after viweing it from all angles while it cleansed it..so all the doubts of any dust-grime etc on the outer surface can be surely crossed out!

Now,for the RMA part,apart thinking about a 1000times for its the infamous RPTEch who handles the ASS & Warranty,..i have yet another BIG question/doubt in my Mind....what if the Replaced LCD is Not even a New One..or even if a New one, it has even More troubles in it..with More DEAD/stuck Pixels & More such similar dark/white clouding in it etc. & allthis Not even considering the time they might take doing the replacement(Months or years) .then it will b "Lene ke dene parjayenge"!

Though,it now appears RMA is the Only option Out...RPTech, think i will reluctantly & finally come!!!

I have Pm'd Vijay..hven't got any reply of yet,do u community think,he can help me here or he should,as i got the Monitor through him only (I think he said he has Got Good tieup with ASUS India/Taiwan& help in All Sort of Warranty/RMA exchanges )

Let The Good Lord look up on Me!!!
Old 30-10-09   #12
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

I hope the dealer will do something to help you out. m watching this thread for his response.
Old 31-10-09   #13
teh smartie pantS!
Registered Vendor
Looking for Peace

buygamingstuff is highly Admirablebuygamingstuff is highly Admirablebuygamingstuff is highly Admirablebuygamingstuff is highly Admirablebuygamingstuff is highly Admirablebuygamingstuff is highly Admirable

Fine I will help you for RMA as its been purchased from me provided you first go to rptech
If at all there is some issue i will forward your complaint to head of ASUS India ie product manager and also in major case in Tiwan
But first you need to go to Rptech
Rptech ASS in Mumbai is not good but in North and in pune etc region its better than bombay
So i request you to go to Rptech in your Region as you even know those peoples in there
buygamingstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-09   #14
teh priesT!
[E]onian

The resolution of the problem looks so near & easy..,..yet reality mayb the other way out..lets C.
damm ..my luck..the Monitor is So New..i have Not even taken out all the platic s& stickers on the Monitor(have Not even checked the Webcam & also the stereo spkrs ,..yeah mayb lazy..but.it is in the same pristine state as pvj delivered it to me, i realy hate to call it a RMA candidate So Fresh!

btw,...pvj..have u got any sort of problem in any of the hundreds of Monitors u have sold(all brands considered)?..& as u tell here RPTech Mumbai ASS is NOT very Good..so what will apply for me?..wouldn't my case of replacement be taken care of by RPTech Mumbai Only???..if that's so...what 's the minimum turnaround time for RMA replacement i.e to get a NEW "Non Defective" Monitor of the same Model delivered back to me @my address?
..& also since it's a BRAND New Monitor Only, would Not be i due for a BRAND NEW Monitor of the Same Model Only???..what say vijay?
This is Weekend, i will probably contact them by Monday only..& Let u guys know what ensues!
Old 03-11-09   #15
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Called RPtech, sent service representativeto me..Accepted the defect but instead of totaaly replacing the Whole set..was saying of replaciing the Panel only.i.e the screen only..all other things remains as it is....so guys what should i do..accept it or should i only demand a Full Set replacement only???..he said if i demand so..i have to put it personally to Asus or rptech guys (he would be providing me the mail ids where to put that to)..but he or rptech at my town dont have the required power to do a Full replacement of the Set with a New one on the whole..rather they r in as per procedural call of replacing the Panel Only..i tried to put some pressure & negotiate with the fellow,but he said he was sorry & helpless to do the full replacement on his own...so what should i go with??..Only Panel Replacement or the Whole Set replacement(dunno if its possible..but after all it's such a a new Panel/set,..barely 2 months old)???..plz answer responsibly.. ur inputs will be vital in my decision making..it always feels fine when a Good community is behind!

Even if at the end, only the panel is replaced(they have a LCD replacement kit as they say it)..will the job be as Good as the thing gets done in the factory(Read AS Manufactured)..or will be b additional problem in the future of a Non Perfect job,which was done onsite..i.e at my home..remember..there r other things & extra wiring in my LCD set..like the Webcam,Stereo speakers,USB & RCA portsetc....so can they be hampere in any way..by this Panel replacement job done @ home..these r the points which i fear the most???? . (the rptech guy said Nothing to worry here but i do have my doubts though).......... so some1 who has done such similar operations @ home can have a better idea & give a knowledgeable reply!

whatever i fell the ASS sucks..DELL & other Big LCD brands(the competitors) AFAIR,does give total replacement of their LCD set outright, even on the minorest of the problem !!!

Last edited by Techie#1; 03-11-09 at 06:07 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply