Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Feedback and Test Drive
Register Forgot Password?

Old 22-04-14   #1
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
alive and kicking

Hard DIsc Dealing! Gone Wrong/Right You Decide?

Synopsis
Hey members/friends!
I am back with another almost botched deal. This is the fourth unfortunate one out of all the great deals I had here. People who have encountered me will know that I am not such a bad person to deal with. A man who have his principle right, and keep that above monetary issue.

Please do go through it as its a one of a kind technicality, how people may fool you. I mean people should act same for real right. Does not matter in which forum he converse.

Deal Thread:
WD 1TB Green Hdd

Member in Question: @DAREDEVIL
View Profile: DAREDEVIL

Product:
1TB WD with no warranty

Price/Deal Condition
27xx Shipped with 3 days testing warranty mandatory. No question asked.

Deals in detail.
Members and Senior members here know that I am constantly in search of HDD and mid level mobo. I have bought them in tons.
In the quest for my search I contacted this guy first here. He never responded so I contacted him in another forum where I have the same repo as here or FB or Twitter for that matter
Deal was finalized but with my experience with low feedback guys I insisted he send the product first. Then after the courier tracks I will xfer.
But he said I have a good feedback in E so let us deal there. So we came back to E.

Here he had a good feedback and with some of the guys whom I have dealt with so it was pretty straightforward It was a go ahead from my side with money xfered, which i have never failed a promised date till now - here or any daily deal that I have for real.

He shipped and gave the tracking details in another forum, despite of me asking here. It was a non-issue for me at that time. I didnt knew he had some hidden agenda.(that will come later)

Received the product on 19th afternoon not so nicely packed. I conveyed that on feedback but unfortunately feedback system was not working there.

Work on Hard Disk

Every hard disk that I get has to go thru this test. It it fails we RMA if under warranty, if it does not I return the product for refund.
Windows 7 is installed. Somehow hdd crashed but on second attempt it went successful. Installed utorrent and we keep that machine on for download overnight. Rig is a simple i3. 4gb/Giga/CM600.
In the morning when we came back, machine was freezed with HDD making strange noise. when we reset the mahcine it was not detected in bios. It was clear that HDD had failed (20th, second day testing)

I contacted the seller. First he was cosy with it. He said send me photo of HDD and pack and send back he will refund on the condition that it reaches him without damage. If it was damaged in transit he will not refund.

I said we have professional packing of hdds, the same one all company uses to whip it world wide.So that is a non-issue.

The talk went for the whole day i.e 20th, try this try that. I assured him that I am a professional in the field for 17 years, even my boys of experience of 6 years, trained by me, we handled some of the most sensitive data of even need to know outfits.

On 21st morning he overturned his decision that HDD was failed due to power surge and there will be no refund. Laughable!! After that he is missing inaction.

He BLOCKED me in another forum, switched off his PHONE for whole 21st. and only came to reply here on E yesterday to put a STUPID COMMENT, that deal in E has not testing warranty. Instead of being angry I was a laughing how stupid people can get

My office has 24 hours backup with UPS and Silent auto gen. We do some critical work for Govt. so that is very necessary. So power surge is next to nill as We have APC power surge installed despite having a room full of online UPS.

PS: My intention to create this thread is no way to malign anyone. Just to convey my point of view how deals may go bad.
Old 22-04-14   #2
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
alive and kicking

Veyron is highly AdmirableVeyron is highly AdmirableVeyron is highly AdmirableVeyron is highly AdmirableVeyron is highly Admirable
Re: Hard DIsc Dealing! Gone Wrong/Right You Decide?

Images of HDD in question.

img_20140420_215112-large-.jpg

img_20140420_215055-large-.jpg

img_20140420_215102-large-.jpg
Old 22-04-14   #3
Banned
GAMING KNIGHT RIDER

imtiaz1 is Mysterious

Bro firstly with 17 years of experience you have but you dont know that wd green drives doesn't last long and its 3 years old my friend so its not a very good idea to buy a 1tb wd green for 2700 where as you get new ones for 3800-4000 with 2-3 years warranty and with that piece of mind by the way when the seller has agreed to give 3 days testing warranty he should refund and if he doesn't return than boss i can smell something fishy as buyer knew that his hdd is not is a good condition coz i had an once experienced what veryon is facing but i had the luxury of warranty remaing and than after rma'ing sold it with 6 months warranty left and after going through many site the wd 1 TB green drive has highest failure rate than any other hdd present.
so he should refund so @DAREDEVIL if you dont refund the you will be in the GREAT HALL OF SHAME so make out a solution with veryon as he is a very very good guy and he is very kind hearted too so istead of ignoring and not recieving phone calls its better to make a solution out of it with veryon
see i tell you again he is very good person as once veryon bought a gpu from me (Gtx 460) after that he paid me but unfortunately i was not able to ship the gpu before 20-25 days but i never ignored his calls or put my phone off and after that i met with an accident for which i stayed 14 days in hospital but after i got released from hospital i shipped him the gpu (gtx 460) which was as described but veryon was soo good and understanding which you wont get with any buyer i can assure you and he is very honest when he says he is interested in purshasing he will never back out like most of the other buyers
COME ON MEMBERS HELP VERYON
Old 23-04-14   #4
teh nuB!
Don't stare at the nipple hair

toadfrog09 is very Notable

Imtiaz1,buddy please use proper punctuations. Put a full stop once in a while.
@Veyron
I'm no expert, but I'd had a seller refund me for an under warranty HD just a with a few bad sectors. That good and kind People we have here on erodov.
It is just sad how the seller is being so immature, I hope he sees to reason and does the right thing.

Veyron likes this.
Old 23-04-14   #5
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
alive and kicking

Veyron is highly AdmirableVeyron is highly AdmirableVeyron is highly AdmirableVeyron is highly AdmirableVeyron is highly Admirable

We are still waiting for his feed back. He came online an hour ago.

You see he completely blocked me in another forum. Good feature on E is that you cannot do such hanky pakny.

His phone number. 9xxxxxxxxxx is still off.

Update: My boys had shipped the HDD on Monday morning itself. I failed to convey above.

Lets see what's his excuse is.

Last edited by Veyron; 29-04-14 at 10:13 PM.
Old 23-04-14   #6
Section Moderator
Community Moderator
Sellers beware of the invasion

invader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Great

You mean you returned the hdd to him? ...

Old 24-04-14   #7
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
alive and kicking

Originally Posted by invader View Post
You mean you returned the hdd to him? ...

Yes he himself asked me to!!

Before going bonkers and acting funny the following day.
Old 24-04-14   #8
Section Moderator
Community Moderator
Sellers beware of the invasion

invader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Great

He asked you to return the disk and agreed to refund but later changed his mind? ...

It will be ethical to refund though im skeptical he will do so...

Old 24-04-14   #9
The Mechanic
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Jaydip is very Notable

Seller Must refund Money First and Then Buyer have to ship
@Veyron buddy u should ask him money first
Old 24-04-14   #10
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Need GSkill/nVidia stickers ..

tamocha11 is very Honorabletamocha11 is very Honorable

Let us wait and watch if the guy in question refunds your money.
Old 24-04-14   #11
teh nuB!
Check My Id

DAREDEVIL is Mysterious

dfhg

Last edited by DAREDEVIL; 03-05-14 at 06:19 PM.
Old 24-04-14   #12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
alive and kicking

Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
What u want me to repeat the same thing again and again man.I have already said what i had to and even sent you pm regarding hdd on the day itself.I am repeating myself again i woudl have refunded the money even though there was no testing warranty offered on erodov but when i thought about u nto informing me till noon and bringing up power outage when i did not even ask anything and saying u reset the cpu and hdd started making noises .I feel its ur negligence that cost the hdd.I told u not to ship the hdd ,if u have done i will not be accepting it.
I want you to answer this point by point basis.
1. Why did we came to erodov.

2. After coming to erodov does the terms and condition you promised change. I don't think so.

3. Are you different person on different forums. If yes you are one big cheater.

4. If you are clean why have you blocked me in another forum and did not answer in another forum also where Mods there are also frantically asking you to do so. There i did not even needed to create a thread Mods created themselves for me. I am sure you could have done same here to me. But you cant. Your Direct message response says that.

5. WHat should i do with testing warranty. Just keep on table and watch it for 3 days. Ofcourse I will test it to its core. Any other way people Please let me know.

6. If you are so clean, why haven't you answer any of my PM and you mobile that you gave me is off

7. There was no power outages it cant be. I said the machine was frozen when we came back in morning. If any drastic things happened then whole rig would have conked. Only your hdd went bust.

PS: if you have guts please call or keep you mobile on. You better refund or I will make an example out of you this time.

Last edited by Veyron; 24-04-14 at 07:25 PM.
Old 24-04-14   #13
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
getting into competitive CS
1.6 once more

BULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly Famed

Just one comment - Veyron should definitely get a refund.
Veyron likes this.
i7 4790k @ 4 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus VII Ranger, 2 * 8 GB Corsair Vengeance pro 2133 Mhz, Asus GTX 970 Strix, Seasonic 1050 XM Gold, Samsung pro 256 GB ssd, 3 TB + storage, NZXT phantom, Steelseries Apex, Coolermaster Sentinel II Advance, League Of Legends Mousepad, NZXT Sentry, NZXT Hue, Asus pb298q
Old 24-04-14   #14
teh nuB!
Check My Id

DAREDEVIL is Mysterious

Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
I want you to answer this point by point basis.
1. Why did we came to erodov.

2. After coming to erodov does the terms and condition you promised change. I don't think so.

3. Are you different person on different forums. If yes you are one big cheater.

4. If you are clean why have you blocked me in another forum and did not answer in another forum also where Mods there are also frantically asking you to do so. There i did not even needed to create a thread Mods created themselves for me. I am sure you could have done same here to me. But you cant. Your Direct message response says that.

5. WHat should i do with testing warranty. Just keep on table and watch it for 3 days. Ofcourse I will test it to its core. Any other way people Please let me know.

6. If you are so clean, why haven't you answer any of my PM and you mobile that you gave me is off

7. There was no power outages it cant be. I said the machine was frozen when we came back in morning. If any drastic things happened then whole rig would have conked. Only your hdd went bust.

PS: if you have guts please call or keep you mobile on. You better refund or I will make an example out of you this time.
1.U wanted hdd first as i was new there .

2.The deal did not go through on te,u brought on erodov on the terms of thread .

3.Stick to the terms of the thread.

4.i never blocked u on any forum.

5.i have replied already many times.

6.i answered ur pm,i will not repeat samething again.

7.i never asked for any u yourself brought power outages and other stuff ,u seem so proffessional why did not u pm me in the morning and waited till noon.

sorry i will not be refunding.

Last edited by DAREDEVIL; 24-04-14 at 07:46 PM.
Old 24-04-14   #15
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
alive and kicking

Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
1.U wanted money first as i was new there .

2.The deal did not go through on te,u brought on erodov on the terms of thread .

3.Stick to the terms of the thread.

4.i never blocked u on any forum.

5.i have replied already many times.

6.i answered ur pm,i will not repeat samething again.

7.i never asked for any u yourself brought power outages and other stuff ,u seem so proffessional why did not u pm me in the morning and waited till noon.

sorry i will not be refunding.
No sir terms does not change . You name does not change, your name and number does not change, your account also does not change.

why would i buy from you if you change a critical terms and condition.

You blocked me thats why i cannot send you any more there. and Mods also claimed so. Its upgraded so they also dont know how to go about it. OK please reply on that forum

Unlike you we have to work honestly for living. So how does it matter If i report you in morning or evening, unless i have not pass the three days testing warranty window.

PS: please put your phone on
Post New Thread  Closed Thread