Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Hardware and Case Mods
Register Forgot Password?

Old 02-12-12   #1
teh nuB!
[E]onian
New to modding.

Icon6 HAF 912 Mod - Need Help

May i revive this thread? Instead of Creating a new one.. I have an HAF 912 Combat without sidepanel and i need to make a custom sidepanel.. where can i get the edge el wire online? On an Indian online store. i dont want to pay for shipping. and also acrylic transparent panels? a 12"x12" ? again i dont want to pay for ridiculous shipping...
satanssj93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-12   #2
teh nuB!
[E]onian
New to modding.

satanssj93 is Notable
Modding My HAF 912 Combat

I have an HAF 912 Combat without sidepanel and i need to make a custom sidepanel.. where can i get the edge u channel moulding wire online? On an Indian online store. i dont want to pay for shipping. and also acrylic transparent panels? a 12"x12" ? again i dont want to pay for ridiculous shipping...
Old 02-12-12   #3
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Pro Indian Modder

dedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Famed
Re: Modding My HAF 912 Combat

no u channel molding here. sorry.

you just need to be very precise when you are cutting the edge. use a rough cut, and then flat file to perfection.

you can get acrylic panel in hardware hubs. even i am looking for some of good quality. the one in stores seem to be scratched.
Old 02-12-12   #4
teh nuB!
[E]onian
New to modding.

satanssj93 is Notable

and how do i go about cutting the desired cut in the sidepanel? i was planning on trying to find laser cutters nearby..
Old 02-12-12   #5
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Pro Indian Modder

dedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Famed

i use rotary saw cum angle grinder. for smaller details i use a dremel.

laser cutters will charge you a lot.
dedasdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12   #6
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
figuring out a movie to watch

KrashNBurn is extremely Eminent
KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent
Re: HAF 912 Mod - Need Help

I could not find EL Wire anywhere in India (online or offline in Bangalore)
Trouble is that it is not used around here from what I know. Performance PC used to sell it online (US e-store) but am not sure if they stock it anymore.

You can run, but you can't hide!

KrashNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12   #7
teh nuB!
[E]onian
New to modding.

satanssj93 is Notable

okay... what about U channel moulding ?
Old 03-12-12   #8
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by satanssj93 View Post
what about U channel moulding ?
Hard to get too. Won't its not there. But the right size is difficult to find. I haven't looked hard enough to say its not available. ONLINE - NO
Old 03-12-12   #9
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Semper Solus

modeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by satanssj93 View Post
May i revive this thread? Instead of Creating a new one.. I have an HAF 912 Combat without sidepanel and i need to make a custom sidepanel.. where can i get the edge el wire online? On an Indian online store. i dont want to pay for shipping. and also acrylic transparent panels? a 12"x12" ? again i dont want to pay for ridiculous shipping...
I can get EL wire locally here. Its on the expensive side at 15-20$ for a couple of meters. I think I can find U channel as well. I can send it to you once I get back (around Christmas). Let me know if you're interested and I'll get the correct pricing.
Old 03-12-12   #10
teh nuB!
[E]onian
New to modding.

satanssj93 is Notable

i actually need only the u channel moulding wire... i am not much interested in the el wire as i will be putting nzxt hue anyway ..

Please let me know about the u channel moulding and acrylic plexiglass for the sidepanel.. about 1mm or 2mm thick atleast as i am a total noob to modding and i dont know anything at all..

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

what i had in mind about my haf 912 , i found the exact same here..

i wanted to keep the haf logo and make a clear panel without any fans.. EXACTLY like this ..

Case Mod Blog

i never referred to this before and i found it just now lol ..

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

the bottom stand screws are not what i have in mind.. i only want to do a clear side panel exactly like that..
Old 03-12-12   #11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by modeSEVEN View Post
Its on the expensive side at 15-20$ for a couple of meters.
I will need some. Will hit you up on steam about it.
Old 03-12-12   #12
teh nuB!
[E]onian
New to modding.

satanssj93 is Notable

i actually need only the u channel moulding wire... i am not much interested in the el wire as i will be putting nzxt hue anyway ..

Please let me know about the u channel moulding and acrylic plexiglass for the sidepanel.. about 1mm or 2mm thick atleast as i am a total noob to modding and i dont know anything at all..

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

what i had in mind about my haf 912 , i found the exact same here..

i wanted to keep the haf logo and make a clear panel without any fans.. EXACTLY like this ..

Case Mod Blog

i never referred to this before and i found it just now lol ..

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

the bottom stand screws are not what i have in mind.. i only want to do a clear side panel exactly like that..
Old 04-12-12   #13
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Pro Indian Modder

i would be interested in some U channel moulding too!

the one i found was for windows on buses and trucks lololol.
dedasdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-13   #14
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

vivek doda is very Notable

@satanssj93
hey buddy
i have modded side panels for so many times and converted the no window edition cases to windowed side panel cases successfully .
vivek doda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-13   #15
teh nuB!
[E]onian
New to modding.

satanssj93 is Notable

@vivek doda ... refer this thread.. Modding My HAF 912 Combat

I did too
Post New Thread  Reply