Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Graphics Cards
Register Forgot Password?

Old 14-01-15   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Which Gtx 970 to Buy

which gtx 970 to buy

asus gtx 970 strix
or
zotac gtx 970 amp omega
anirudh2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-15   #2
teh priesT!
[E]onian

topgear is Notable
Re: Which Gtx 970 to Buy

both are good ... get whichever is cheaper though getting after sales support for asus may be easier.
Old 17-01-15   #3
teh nuB!
[E]onian

mikhil is Mysterious

AMP! edition. Zotac gives 5 year warranty (3 plus 2 after registering the card) and many people have told me that the card performs really good. I've heard the Strix had some issues, I don't know if Asus has released the next iteration.

You didnt consider the AMP! Extreme by Zotac?

- Sent from my rooted LG D802 "G2"
Old 17-01-15   #4
teh priesT!
[E]onian

manjeet is very Honorablemanjeet is very Honorable

Both cards are good performer, go with the one which is available for cheap!

manjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-15   #5
teh nuB!

vishakhnag is Notable

I bought an STrIx 970 in NOV after not being able to get MSI for my rig....but would not recommend MSI only because of delay RMA issues....my strix doesn't give me any problem...and the only advt. u gain by zotac amp is an 2year extra warranty...but mind it's expensive than asus....the ASUS build is superb Full metal body great fans and backplate.....Finally I conclude that ASUS STRIX is better for use of better components which will increase life span and only a single 8 pin connector is required.....3year warranty and 5 year warranty doesn't make a difference in GPU if it runs without any issue for 3 years it ought to run for 5 years or more thought unlikely the PSU where warranty time matters Bcoz psu runs all the time and GPU runs only when game is played or when rendering is done
vishakhnag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-15   #6
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
getting into competitive CS
1.6 once more

BULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly Famed

^

I think normal Zotac warranty is of 2 years, you get extra 3 years after registration, so its 2+3 years not 3+2.

Amp omega is costlier than Strix, if you want to overclock, get Zotac one as it has more power headroom than Strix. Also you get 2 years extra warranty.

@vishakhnag

"Bcoz psu runs all the time and GPU runs only when game is played or when rendering is done"

What do you mean by this???!!!!
i7 4790k @ 4 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus VII Ranger, 2 * 8 GB Corsair Vengeance pro 2133 Mhz, Asus GTX 970 Strix, Seasonic 1050 XM Gold, Samsung pro 256 GB ssd, 3 TB + storage, NZXT phantom, Steelseries Apex, Coolermaster Sentinel II Advance, League Of Legends Mousepad, NZXT Sentry, NZXT Hue, Asus pb298q
BULLZI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-15   #7
teh nuB!
[E]onian

mikhil is Mysterious

Originally Posted by vishakhnag View Post
I bought an STrIx 970 in NOV after not being able to get MSI for my rig....but would not recommend MSI only because of delay RMA issues....my strix doesn't give me any problem...and the only advt. u gain by zotac amp is an 2year extra warranty...but mind it's expensive than asus....the ASUS build is superb Full metal body great fans and backplate.....Finally I conclude that ASUS STRIX is better for use of better components which will increase life span and only a single 8 pin connector is required.....3year warranty and 5 year warranty doesn't make a difference in GPU if it runs without any issue for 3 years it ought to run for 5 years or more thought unlikely the PSU where warranty time matters Bcoz psu runs all the time and GPU runs only when game is played or when rendering is done
Lemme tell you that the extra warranty is an a added benefit and you can't be certain that the GPU will work flawlessly if it works well for the first 3 years.
@BULLZI I think he actually meant that the GPU is under stress in those scenarios.
mikhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-15   #8
teh nuB!

anirudh2007 is somewhat of a Mystery

getting zotac gtx 970 from primeabgb online.
Old 23-01-15   #9
teh nuB!

vishakhnag is Notable

Originally Posted by mikhil View Post
Lemme tell you that the extra warranty is an a added benefit and you can't be certain that the GPU will work flawlessly if it works well for the first 3 years.
@BULLZI I think he actually meant that the GPU is under stress in those scenarios.
In experience of 2 rigs.....psu went kaput in one of them and in another mobo and psu went kaput whereas GPU and proccy were running still fine only had to change just because of upgrade....I upgrade every 5 years
vishakhnag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-15   #10
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
getting into competitive CS
1.6 once more

BULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly Famed

^
IMO, psus are more solid than gfx cards. My corsair 620 watt psu lasted 6 years + only got damaged due to a lighting struck issue, else its still running well and good till now in my friend's rig.

GFX cards are more prone towards failure as gaming stresses the gfx card really really bad. If your home electric connections are good and earthing is proper, it is rare case that well built psus have failed. Seasonic, Corsair well built psus are lifetime buy IMO.
BULLZI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-15   #11
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Swat 4 Super Killer

ashislakra1989 is Notable

Asus card doesn't have heatsinks for vrm cooling whereas both Gigabyte and Zotac Amp! Extreme has both with efficient tricooler. Both have good OC capabilities whereas Asus falls short due to single 8 pin connector. And warranty MATTERS , the longer the warranty the more peace of mind. IMHO Asus is good, but Gigabyte and Zotac is better.
Old 27-01-15   #12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Lurking...

Noctis is Mysterious

Might want to be aware of this issue with all GTX 970 cards - https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...5gb-vram-issue

Seems like they aren't able to utilize all 4GB of VRAM effectively.
Core i5 4690K - Asus Sabertooth Mark2 z97 - Asus Strix GTX 970 - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD - WD 1TB HDD - Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 1866MHz - SeaSonic X-Series 750KM3 - Cooler Master 690 III Case - Asus VG248QE Monitor.
Noctis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-15   #13
teh nuB!

ya i know, but what can we do...no other option
Old 27-01-15   #14
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Lurking...

Noctis is Mysterious

Originally Posted by anirudh2007 View Post
ya i know, but what can we do...no other option
What resolution are you going to be gaming at? Most 1080p and 1440p games will work just fine and will not utilize more than 3.5GB of its VRAM.
Noctis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-15   #15
teh nuB!

1080p
Post New Thread  Reply