Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 18-09-13   #1
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Back at [E] atlast !

Icon9 GTA 5 PC Version Might Take Another Month

When Rockstar Games released Grand Theft Auto IV for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in April of 2008, it waited roughly seven months to bring the title to PC. Now, as the fifth installment in the series hits store shelves Tuesday, the developer famous for keeping its lips sealed about studio secrets has no reason to change up that formula -- no matter how many signatures the ballooning Change.org petition garners.
The number of fans clamoring for a PC version of GTA V on the petition site stands at nearly 420,000 as of this story's publication. The number of signatures will only keep expanding as the game racks up more impressive reviews to bolster the ever-powerful Metacritic score that many gamers use, often unjustly, to direct their game purchases. GTA V holds the title of second-highest-ever rated game on the review aggregator, behind GTA IV.

Considering that PC is the most powerful platform and over 500000 signature on the petition.
Why is Rockstar trying to screw his own a$$ by ignoring the PC gamers who were important behind the success of MaxPayne 3 ?
Cant wait for the PC version but this makes us PC Gamers feel like beggers who are raising their hands in front of Rockstar for their 5th GTA installment while the Console gamers are being treated like Kings on the other side :\

This is 2nd time when it is happening after GTA4 which was launched about 8months after the console version.:hor se:

Feeling that Rockstar should get a special treatment with some Shuddh Desi Hindi Abuses.......

RIG IN PROGRESS

Parth SK Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-13   #2
CoMod
Community Moderator
Sellers beware of the invasion

invader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Great
Re: GTA 5 PC Version Might Take Another Month

might take another month ? is it mentioned anywhere that GTA5 PC is confirmed even ? ... i guess it will be confirmed for a PC release any time by the end of the year n release in next ... feb-march or something ...
invader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-13   #3
Patient_Zero
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable

Piracy is the "biggest" drawback they say on the PC platform.
So ironic!
Even before GTA5 was released yesterday, people with modded X360s & JBed PS3s started playing on 14th.
And still they cry about "Piracy"?

If that was so, EA & Activision wouldn't have earned millions from their PC game sales, Valve wouldn't be racking up so much profits, and we wouldn't have been seeing so indie titles on Steam.

In short words, PC platform is the scapegoat.
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-13   #4
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Back at [E] atlast !

Parth SK Tank is Mysterious

Originally Posted by invader View Post
might take another month ? is it mentioned anywhere that GTA5 PC is confirmed even ? ... i guess it will be confirmed for a PC release any time by the end of the year n release in next ... feb-march or something ...
Originally Posted by realandR3cys View Post
So ironic!
Even before GTA5 was released yesterday, people with modded X360s & JBed PS3s started playing on 14th.

If that was so, EA & Activision wouldn't have earned millions from their PC game sales, Valve wouldn't be racking up so much profits, and we wouldn't have been seeing so indie titles on Steam.

Nope bro it is not written anywhere but it is just an estimation according to the game debate people as they have racked more than 5,00,000 signatures on the PC gaming petition.
@realandR3cys Pc gaming is considered as Scapegoat ? Come on bro its the most powerful in its class and also the best.What do u thinnk on it ?
Old 18-09-13   #5
Patient_Zero
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Originally Posted by Parth SK Tank View Post
Nope bro it is not written anywhere but it is just an estimation according to the game debate people as they have racked more than 5,00,000 signatures on the PC gaming petition.
@realandR3cys Pc gaming is considered as Scapegoat ? Come on bro its the most powerful in its class and also the best.What do u thinnk on it ?
PC is the master race is i may say.
Yes, it's the best in class, and totally agree with you on that. In fact, we all grew up with PCs.
But few developers think the other way, like Rockstar.

They always blame "Piracy" is the reason they don't want to bring games to PC. Just like Ubisoft quite some months ago said 95% of PC gamers are pirates

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Ubi...tes-46015.html

I want to know what are they smoking!

But few devs like From Software had the balls to bring the console exclusive "Demon's Souls" as "Dark Souls" to PC, and it was a huge success.
And after that, they are spending more time with PC version of Dark Souls 2. That's what we call brilliant devs.

I really hate when devs give "Piracy" as excuse for not bringing their games to PC. That's why i said PC being the scapegoat.

Anyways, don't worry, GTA5 will make it to PC within the next 6-7 months
If they don't bring it, well Rockstar, your games are out of my shopping list. Forever.
Old 18-09-13   #6
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Back at [E] atlast !

Same here bro... If rockstar doesn't release the pc version of the game then rockstar = bye bye and helllo to all such as Sleeping dogs etc....
Felt how amazing SD was and now really excited about this Game but the kind of treatment that we are getting Is really not fair as well as unbearable.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

And if piracy is the case then what measures were taken when 1million copies of Gears of War3 were pirated for Xbox360s in 2011.
Bullshit Reason
Old 18-09-13   #7
Patient_Zero
Zombie Enthusiast

Same here bro... If rockstar doesn't release the pc version of the game then rockstar = bye bye and helllo to all such as Sleeping dogs etc....
Felt how amazing SD was and now really excited about this Game but the kind of treatment that we are getting Is really not fair as well as unbearable.
Yesh! Sleeping Dogs was just amazing.
There's even Saints Row 4 and incoming Watch_Dogs to take care from our GTA5 fever

Shots Fired! - Imgur

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

And if piracy is the case then what measures were taken when 1million copies of Gears of War3 were pirated for Xbox360s in 2011.
Bullshit Reason
BS as it can get!
Old 18-09-13   #8
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Back at [E] atlast !

Icon7 Re: GTA 5 PC Version Might Take Another Month

Yesh! Sleeping Dogs was just amazing.
There's even Saints Row 4 and incoming Watch_Dogs to take care from our GTA5 fever

Shots Fired! - Imgur

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

BS as it can get!
Saints Row 4 is awesome . Just it lags on my onboard graphics of i5-4430 as i am confused which card to take for 11k :runar ound:

Same case with SD
Old 24-09-13   #9
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I can see you !

macwin is Mysterious

So ironic!

Does not matter if it got leaked on Console ... People who downloaded were desperate fans just to play it early even though they had their copy on pre order.

It made 1Billion dollar just from console alone in 3 days .
Fastest uk selling game in a day .

I am sure those sales figure would have effect a bit with PC release and i know many Pc gamers own consoles too.

I don't mind the delay i just hope pc version is not a crappy console port with same textures .
Need better optimized with controls and everything .

With enb mods on GTA V i think this game is going be jaw dropping !
macwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-13   #10
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Proud Nexu5 Fanboy

Sobirvs is very Notable

If I recall a report some 8 months back ( Don't remember which one ) , 6% of consoles gamers are pirates whereas 95% of PC people are pirates. Rockstar/other game dev's are gaining not much profits from PC where as there's gold for consoles.
Sobirvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-13   #11
Patient_Zero
Zombie Enthusiast

Originally Posted by macwin View Post
Does not matter if it got leaked on Console ... People who downloaded were desperate fans just to play it early even though they had their copy on pre order.
It made 1Billion dollar just from console alone in 3 days .
Fastest uk selling game in a day .
I am sure those sales figure would have effect a bit with PC release and i know many Pc gamers own consoles too.
I don't mind the delay i just hope pc version is not a crappy console port with same textures .
Need better optimized with controls and everything .
With enb mods on GTA V i think this game is going be jaw dropping !
But sadly i do.
It's due to this, now and then, i have to stay clear any GTA5 posts on gaming forums, news, updates, to not spoil the game till i play it.
Even i haven't even read any GTA5 review. So, yeah.

If you recall, Max Payne 3 was launched on PC just couple of days later than consoles, and still racked in huge profits. Not the best, but not worse either.
So, if Rockstar wanted, they could have released it simultaneously on PC, but they didn't, and this is their strategy. To get first profits from current gen consoles, then again from PC, and then if, from next gen consoles.
I'm not surprised.

But i'm tired of seeing PC platform being treated like this. By the time I'll play GTA5 on PC, it'll be spoiled for me. So, i'm doing the best i can to steer clear of all GTA5 related things on the web.

And i'm sure GTA5 will be heavily optimised.
If you remember playing GTA4 EFLC, then you'll how good optimised the game was from the main game :-)

I'm actually too much excited for Watch_Dogs at the moment. That game only stopped me thinking of GTA5..

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Originally Posted by Sobirvs View Post
If I recall a report some 8 months back ( Don't remember which one ) , 6% of consoles gamers are pirates whereas 95% of PC people are pirates. Rockstar/other game dev's are gaining not much profits from PC where as there's gold for consoles.
Don't get carried away by some stupid reports. They literally pull those numbers out of their @$$.
Old 25-09-13   #12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Back at [E] atlast !

Really those numbers are bullshit....
And yeah Watchdogs is also in my wishlist
Post New Thread  Reply