Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Hardware and Case Mods
Register Forgot Password?

Old 16-12-11   #1
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Social Status = Fail !

Ground Zero - Needs Suggestions.....

Hey guys,

I am trying to make a PC desk for my Puny PC. I have a design in mind, please suggest any minor modifications possible/needed, or any negative point you can think of .

Here is wat i have in mind :

Index :

1. Place for LCD.
2. Place for Case.
3. Keyboard and mouse Drawer (sliding tray with roller channels)
4. Space for UPS and sub-woofer (if any)
5. Shelf with a horizontal partition inside (hidden behind the door)
6. Shelf with no partition.
7. Sliding out drawer
8. Space for Spare Case (for troubleshooting scenarios)
9. Space for Landline phone, remote, empty beer cans, empty pizza cartons etc....
10. Back door for the hot air from the case to escape . (can be a long oval shape too ...any more suggestions ?)
11. Cable routing hole for KB/Mouse and UPS/Sub-woofer (from pt 3 and 4 respectively) .
12. Hooks/Nails to mount the power strip.
13. Cable routing hole for the power strip mentioned in pt 12.

Any more modifications ? Place for Cell phone charging dock (if required ), Hanging Cans ( the Acoustic kind, not the beer ones ), on a second thought - place for Beer Cans too ,
JD666 and SumitB like this.
<Marsupial> Chandler got bit by a radioactive spider and shot a web at Phoebe, and then it emailed me.

Last edited by harryneopotter; 16-12-11 at 12:22 PM.
harryneopotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-11   #2
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned
Re: Ground Zero - Needs Suggestions.....

Where is leg room .. those closets in the bottom 5 & 6 should be vacant space..

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

Personally if you have space .. make a L shaped table with open space .. no comparments .. works best.
Put it along one corner of your room and you are set.

If you keep the Cabinet boxed up in an enclosed space like this .. it will catch more dust.

Will you gaming .. if so the you need a wider space for your KB + Mouse setup ie atleast 3 feet across.

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-11   #3
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Social Status = Fail !

harryneopotter is extremely Renowned
harryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renowned

No leg room needed....ask the ppl who have been to my place for why

Cabinet will be placed at Section 2....just beside the LCD..

and i dont game a lot...

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

@ JD666 : dont just like.....give some fracking suggestions sir !
Old 16-12-11   #4
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by harryneopotter ♥ View Post
No leg room needed....ask the ppl who have been to my place for why
Why iz that ??
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-11   #5
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

comments inline. recommendations not from a gamer perspective as i am not well versed on that front. thanks.

----- not complete yet -----

Originally Posted by harryneopotter View Post
Hey guys,

I am trying to make a PC desk for my Puny PC. I have a design in mind, please suggest any minor modifications possible/needed, or any negative point you can think of .

1. Place for LCD.
2. Place for Case.
3. Keyboard and mouse Drawer (sliding tray with roller channels)

-- please ensure that the channels are telescopic. also, please ensure wrist support provisioning. you can do that by mounting some roll/slide out 'plate' atop the keyboard tray, made of 8mm ply, pasted with veneer. mount it on to the tray with help of a screw. you could add two pepper/eggplant (long one) shaped one's , one for each wrist/arm. i suggest that you should be able to rest your elbow while typing.

4. Space for UPS and sub-woofer (if any)

both of these should be as close to the floor as possible. please plan relocation.

5. Shelf with a horizontal partition inside (hidden behind the door)

unless this is a very wide table ( you have not given dimensions, cant understand why), 5 and 6 being seperate will waste a lot of space.

6. Shelf with no partition.
7. Sliding out drawer
8. Space for Spare Case (for troubleshooting scenarios)
9. Space for Landline phone, remote, empty beer cans, empty pizza cartons etc....
10. Back door for the hot hair from the case to escape . (can be a long oval shape too ...any more suggestions ?)
11. Cable routing hole for KB/Mouse and UPS/Sub-woofer (from pt 3 and 4 respectively) .
12. Hooks/Nails to mount the power strip.
13. Cable routing hole for the power strip mentioned in pt 12.

Any more modifications ? Place for Cell phone charging dock (if required ), Hanging Cans ( the Acoustic kind, not the beer ones ), on a second thought - place for Beer Cans too ,

Aside, I am not able to see html features etc such as bold, alignment..why?

Last edited by baba doga; 16-12-11 at 12:11 PM.
baba doga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-11   #6
Banned
Mod's fill this.. ROFL ! hahah

Animator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly Admirable

In hurry. !

Why the same type of Pc-Table that people have in home and shopkeepers in their shops from age's ?
Why not some new design ?
2. A Bike is to never be compared with Car.
3. Old members are superior no matter how much knowledge you hold.
4. Try to keep the troll-suckers happy else they will make you quit the thread. (unless they won't be sleeping for nights.)
5. Modding and assembling a Pc are 2 completely different things.
6. Money is nothing, Its worthy when you have friends and a Life.
7. Honey Singh doesn't mean vulgar in all songs.
8. No Matter how much you love English Sawngs, some Hindi Sawng are always above them in your heart.

You read it because I wasted my 5 minute, Now Thank me.
Animator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-11   #7
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

Remove the back panel where number 10 is, and save the wood completely. Else its gonna be a home for spiders and other creepy crawlies. The side panels are sufficient to support the top shelf.

Also move 5 and 6 to 8 ( vertically instead of the horizontal orientation ).

You will be able to fit a UPS height wise in 4, but i doubt a S/Woofer will come in that much space.

Make a pull out panel on top of the drawer. So when you have to pull your cabinet outward to do some hardware change, you have an additional piece of shelf supporting it, while making it easily accessible, rather than letting it hang out.

Also
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-11   #8
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

Back door for the hot hair from the case to escape
Your cabinet sheds? :O
And +1 to DBG's suggestion, a simple corner table will work best.
As for hangin cans, a small hook on the roof of the place where you keep your monitor and CPU maybe?
GTX580 Twin Frozr II
Silent Pro M700
Tempest 410 Elite
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-11   #9
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Social Status = Fail !

harryneopotter is extremely Renowned
harryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by rpm19050 View Post
comments inline. recommendations not from a gamer perspective as i am not well versed on that front. thanks.
Thats infact what i want. I more of a Chatter/surfer/Videos guy than a gamer.

Originally Posted by Animator View Post
In hurry. !

Why the same type of Pc-Table that people have in home and shopkeepers in their shops from age's ?
Why not some new design ?
suggest some new design then, keeping the requirements in mind.

Originally Posted by JD666 View Post
Remove the back panel where number 10 is, and save the wood completely. Else its gonna be a home for spiders and other creepy crawlies. The side panels are sufficient to support the top shelf. -- U mean the complete back panel for Section 1 and 2 ? or just for Section 2 ?

Also move 5 and 6 to 8 ( vertically instead of the horizontal orientation ). -- Cant, need Section 8 i.e. a vertical open space for an extra cabby when needed.

You will be able to fit a UPS height wise in 4, but i doubt a S/Woofer will come in that much space -- I dont have a big subwoofer, nor i am planning to upgrade my speaker system in near future (cant afford, other priorities.) dont even rem when was the last time i used my Intex 2.1 speakers

Make a pull out panel on top of the drawer. So when you have to pull your cabinet outward to do some hardware change, you have an additional piece of shelf supporting it, while making it easily accessible, rather than letting it hang out. -- Good Idea

Originally Posted by Xeo View Post
And +1 to DBG's suggestion, a simple corner table will work best.
As for hangin cans, a small hook on the roof of the place where you keep your monitor and CPU maybe?
Pics needed
Old 16-12-11   #10
teh spamm[E]R!
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished

I will suggest a Big Flat Table like what I have, , I hope you will be able to keep it clean unlike me, Rest make a overhead shelf for Storing whatever you want to store....
Maximus V Gene (MSI Z77-GD65, Gigabyte P67A-UD7, EVGA Classified E760,MSI Eclipse,DFI DK P45 Plus, Foxconn Mars, Asus P5Ne-SLI, Asus P5B Deluxe/Wifi AP), Intel 3770k Benched @ 6.7Ghz, Intel 2600K Benched @ 5.7 Ghz, AMD 8150 Benched @ 7.45 Ghz, Intel 980X Benched @ 6.07Ghz, AMD 970BE Benched @ 6.63Ghz, (Intel i5 680 Benched @ 6.44Ghz, Intel i7 950 Benched @ 5150Mhz, Intel E8600 Benched @ 5.71Ghz, Intel QX9650 Benched @5.41Ghz, Intel Core2 Duo E8400@4.6Ghz, e4300 @ 3.52 Ghz), Thermalright Venomous X, GSkill 6400 2 x 1 GB @ 1260Mhz , HIS 7970 (MSI GTX 580, MSI GTX 480, EVGA GTX295, Asus 4870 x2, EVGA 9800GX2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT, Nvidia 7900GTX, XFX 8600GT), DELL E248WFP Monitor, CoolerMaster Benchtable, Antec HCP 1200W, Altec Lansing 641 400 RMS Watts with Auzentech X-Plosion

SVGTECH HOC40 and HOC20 Review

Corsair Vengeance K90, M90 and M60 Review

Gigabyte P67 UD7 + Intel i7 2600k Preview

Strontium Ultra Speed 128GB SSD Review

Gigabyte GX-X58A-UD9 Review
thebanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-11   #11
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-11   #12
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent

Way too big
MOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-11   #13
Banned
Mod's fill this.. ROFL ! hahah

Animator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly Admirable

LCD to be as wall-mounted.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

and add a wodden floor type above lcd to keep your landline etc etc !
Animator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-11   #14
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

@rpm, like this:

JD666 and mavihs like this.
Old 16-12-11   #15
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

I don't think HNP mentioned this in the OP, but I too will most likely be getting the same table .

So here are the design changes from my side (Changes I liked that were mentioned here have been also incorporated)

Changes:
1. Back wall behind Monitor area only removed.
2. Slide-out tray for cpu, with full support underneath.
3. Area under the KB tray: Sliding dark tinted glass doors.
4. KB tray now full strech, cause it is awesome, I don't like the trayception idea s I told you yesterday and just say, my mousepad is 37in.
5. So drawer is moved under the KB tray now.
6. Area under the drawer now a cabinet. Do you really need a secondary cabinet area? If yes, see 7 below.
7. I don't know at the moment what to do with this area. For @harryneopotter. When diagnosing a CPU, you most likely would have it open on one side, so I would suggest leave this area open, so you can have a cabinet on its side.
8. Th bottom area and the "roof" are slightly less deep (22 in) and the platform on which cabinet and monitor would be placed is more deep (26 in), so why not go with this pentagon shape, gives some room for legs underneath as well.

@rpm, I like your suggestion about the elbow support, but I use my chair elbow supports for that.

Last edited by MOZ; 06-06-13 at 03:09 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply