Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Photography
Register Forgot Password?

Old 16-03-08   #1
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery
The Great Photography Thread

Hi All,

This is the first Photography Thread of Erodov. Please keep in mind the following before you post in this thread:

1. Post your Artistic Photos here. Only photos that qualify for photography should be posted. Don't post normal party or travel photos .... Just Photography.

2. Discussions related to Photos posted can be carried out here. Don't discuss general photography Tips or Cameras/Lenses/other Equipment here. We will have a seperate thread for those things

3. Try to post Thumbnails in the post. And Large images tend to screw up the page layout. Just Thumbnails.

4. If possible try to give a brief description/info below each photo. Description and info can contain information like,
Camera and Lens
Shutter Speed
Aperture
ISO
Post Processing (Photoshopping done)

In fact info is the most important part as after looking at that a newbie can get a general idea as to what went into taking this shot

Thanks,
Ashish.

Last edited by Aragorn; 16-03-08 at 10:52 AM.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-08   #2
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Aragorn is extremely Renowned
Aragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely Renowned
Re: The Great Photography Thread

I will begin with mine ... here are a few ...

Camera: Canon Powershot A60
Shutter : 1 sec (Tripod)
Aperture: f/5

Aperture: f/2.8

Shutter : 4 sec (Tripod)
Aperture: f/8

Had taken all these photos around 3-4 years back. So don't remember what post processing i had done. Mainly just cropping and adding a border.

Hope you liked them

Thanks
Old 16-03-08   #3
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
is not safe for human
existence

overkill is highly Famedoverkill is highly Famedoverkill is highly Famedoverkill is highly Famedoverkill is highly Famedoverkill is highly Famedoverkill is highly Famedoverkill is highly Famed

^^ i love the slow shutter speed effect.. especially the typical cars in the night scene!!
overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-08   #4
the rocK!
[E]onian
Positive!

Rig Gallery

Rockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly Famed

I've learnt commercial advertisement photography, handled cameras like Canon A-1, Mamiya RZ-67, Sinar!!!
Will definitely post some of my work soon.
Old 16-03-08   #5
the rocK!
[E]onian
Positive!

Rig Gallery

Rockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly Famed

Hey Ashish,
It would be great if we only post photographs without digital editing. Thats real fun.
Rockfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-08   #6
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Aragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely Renowned

^ That is a debatable topic ... according to me .. photography is Skill of taking a photo + how you post process it. Post processing being overdone is a separate issue altogether. But still some amount of Post processing to make the image beautiful is necessary.

I am a member of DPChallenge and all the challenges there are divided in two categories, basic editing and advanced editing. But all involve editing for sure. But I never said you cant post photos without post processing.

You ppl have total freedom. This is a photography sharing thread and there is no competition. Just post photos and have fun. If you want to post photos without any processing .. go ahead dude ... I love them also

Thanks
Old 16-03-08   #7
Lead Lead
Staff

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!

Originally Posted by ashishkushwaha View Post
I will begin with mine ... here are a few ...

Aperture: f/5

Aperture: f/2.8

Shutter : 4 sec (Tripod)
Aperture: f/8

Had taken all these photos around 3-4 years back. So don't remember what post processing i had done. Mainly just cropping and adding a border.

Hope you liked them

Thanks
That night scene photograph is a really nice one. It also shows the difference speeds at which the wheel was rotating. Awesome effort.

Originally Posted by rockfella View Post
I've learnt commercial advertisement photography, handled cameras like Canon A-1, Mamiya RZ-67, Sinar!!!
Will definitely post some of my work soon.
Whoa... I just googled up Mamiya and FREAKING HELL, 22MP and they are happy to be claiming it for under $10000. My god, that must be helluva camera.

Originally Posted by ashishkushwaha View Post
^ That is a debatable topic ... according to me .. photography is Skill of taking a photo + how you post process it. Post processing being overdone is a separate issue altogether. But still some amount of Post processing to make the image beautiful is necessary.

I am a member of DPChallenge and all the challenges there are divided in two categories, basic editing and advanced editing. But all involve editing for sure. But I never said you cant post photos without post processing.

You ppl have total freedom. This is a photography sharing thread and there is no competition. Just post photos and have fun. If you want to post photos without any processing .. go ahead dude ... I love them also

Thanks
Though i don't have any ideas about this debate, but the final effort is what counts. When a passer by sees a photograph, he is awed by the overall beauty of the pic, not by whether there was any post processing on the pic, the MP of the camera it was taken with, etc, etc. For example, you cant hand a Mamiya ZX to a n00b and assume that the photographs they take will automatically win awards. Right?

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-08   #8
the rocK!
[E]onian
Positive!

Rig Gallery

Thanks man, Will post definitelyi just gotta scan my prints coz all are huge prints.
Rockfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-08   #9
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Yeah sure .. get them scanned and post them ... also you must be having digital photos .. post them ...

Other also please post ... lets make the photography section also active ... come on ... we need to young budding artists showing off their talents ... also others can take advise from the ones who post the photos.
Old 19-03-08   #10
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Come on ppl .. we need to keep the section active. Don't tell me there are no Photographers / Artists on Erodov. In fact Photography is not only artistic, but a TECHIE field also.

Post photos, Drive the thread ... give tips and all ....
Old 19-03-08   #11
teh nuB!

antkriz is Mysterious

how do i upload a foto here? not too sure... coz mine are of quiet huge size... if thumbnail... how to post a big one.. et all... please let me know...

Regards...
antkriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-08   #12
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Join ... Free Image Hosting - imgX ... Awesome free site. Upload pics there and then you will get the broadband link codes for the images. Post those codes here (copy paste) and the image thumbnails will come here in your post.

If images are small, you can upload in Erodov Images itself.
Old 19-03-08   #13
teh nuB!

antkriz is Mysterious

for starters try this... let me c... i have re-sized the pic quiet a bit...

ah!!! there it is...

Details:
Camera: Canon 400D
Lens: canon 28-80 with a magnifier for the macro
Aperture: F5
Shutter: 1/125
ISO: 400

Edit:

Place: Lalbagh Bangalore

general link:
Flickr: Photos from antkriz
antkriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-08   #14
En Taro Adun
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Blank

Superfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply Great

wow!!.. that flower looks so beautiful.. especially with the background all blurred.. amazing photography man..

Galaxy Nexus | Samsung Series 5 Chromebook running Ubuntu!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32GB I/O Edition
My Twitter!
My Audio Gear(Past and Present)
CanJam 2010 Pictures!!
My Last.fm Page
[E]'s Twitter!
"We all got our choices to make." "Damn Shame."
Superfrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-08   #15
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Nice .. but upload a bigger version .. i clicked on the image and the new image was of the same size ..
Post New Thread  Reply