Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 19-08-13   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Government Bans Duty-free TV Imports from August 26

The government today banned duty- free import of flat screen television by air travellers in a bid to prop up rupee, which declined below the 63 level against US dollar.

The government, according to a notification, has decided to "disallow import of flat panel (LCD/LED/Plasma) television as part of free baggage allowance" with effect from August 26.

Air travellers currently can bring a flat screen television for personal use without paying any duty.

This would mean air travellers bring in TV as part of the baggage from August 26 would have to pay customs duty.

Government bans duty-free TV imports from August 26 - The Times of India
Govt bans duty-free import of high-end TVs
KernelPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-13   #2
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished
Re: Government Bans Duty-free TV Imports from August 26

@manisinjpr, I am sure whatever Congress does is the best course of action for the country,

Mark my words, if Congress came back to power this time, India would not be a democratic country anymore.
sm1 likes this.
Maximus V Gene (MSI Z77-GD65, Gigabyte P67A-UD7, EVGA Classified E760,MSI Eclipse,DFI DK P45 Plus, Foxconn Mars, Asus P5Ne-SLI, Asus P5B Deluxe/Wifi AP), Intel 3770k Benched @ 6.7Ghz, Intel 2600K Benched @ 5.7 Ghz, AMD 8150 Benched @ 7.45 Ghz, Intel 980X Benched @ 6.07Ghz, AMD 970BE Benched @ 6.63Ghz, (Intel i5 680 Benched @ 6.44Ghz, Intel i7 950 Benched @ 5150Mhz, Intel E8600 Benched @ 5.71Ghz, Intel QX9650 Benched @5.41Ghz, Intel Core2 Duo E8400@4.6Ghz, e4300 @ 3.52 Ghz), Thermalright Venomous X, GSkill 6400 2 x 1 GB @ 1260Mhz , HIS 7970 (MSI GTX 580, MSI GTX 480, EVGA GTX295, Asus 4870 x2, EVGA 9800GX2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT, Nvidia 7900GTX, XFX 8600GT), DELL E248WFP Monitor, CoolerMaster Benchtable, Antec HCP 1200W, Altec Lansing 641 400 RMS Watts with Auzentech X-Plosion

SVGTECH HOC40 and HOC20 Review

Corsair Vengeance K90, M90 and M60 Review

Gigabyte P67 UD7 + Intel i7 2600k Preview

Strontium Ultra Speed 128GB SSD Review

Gigabyte GX-X58A-UD9 Review
thebanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-13   #3
teh zeuS!
Common Sense - A Superpower

Fenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly Admirable

Charge duty on everything,already we pay so much duty on every good.
Old 19-08-13   #4
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

The prices of all electronic goods will go up regardless of duties due to rupee depreciation. In the wholesale level prices are going up by min 10% and on the retail level upto 20%. Unless the dealers are prepared to absorb the shocks be prepared to pay a lot more for all gadgets.
Old 20-08-13   #5
teh zeuS!
Common Sense - A Superpower

Fenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly Admirable

Out FM has gone nuts,thats all i can say.
Fenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-13   #6
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

LOLz.. what the govt is doing is for another topic but this is totally uncalled for !
after all, not many people get stuff like this and so this is just a wrong impression creator.. and not a solution
Originally Posted by thebanik View Post
@manisinjpr, I am sure whatever Congress does is the best course of action for the country,

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-13   #7
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
my status is single!!

Virus.exe is Notable

This Ban is more due to the TV smuggling racket than anything to do with Rupee.

There are a huge number of local dealers that pay for ticket and expenses for people to go to Bangkok/Singapore/Malysia and bring in a LED/LCD TV with them when they come in. There are literally hundreds of such T.Vs that are brought in from those countries every single day.

Check E-bay and you will find these very imported pieces available for dirt cheap. Example a Samsung 40inch LED can be bought for approx 30K from these dealers. The only downside is No Indian warranty, only 6month dealer warranty

We Indians are always good at exploiting loopholes and then those get banned by the government inturn affecting the genuine buyers who bring in their own T.Vs not for resale. Sad but reality

Last edited by Virus.exe; 20-08-13 at 01:00 PM.
Virus.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-13   #8
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished

Originally Posted by Virus.exe View Post
This Ban is more due to the TV smuggling racket than anything to do with Rupee.

There are a huge number of local dealers that pay for ticket and expenses for people to go to Bangkok/Singapore/Malysia and bring in a LED/LCD TV with them when they come in. There are literally hundreds of such T.Vs that are brought in from those countries every single day.

Check E-bay and you will find these very imported pieces available for dirt cheap. Example a Samsung 40inch LED can be bought for approx 30K from these dealers. The only downside is No Indian warranty, only 6month dealer warranty

We Indians are always good at exploiting loopholes and then those get banned by the government inturn affecting the genuine buyers who bring in their own T.Vs not for resale. Sad but reality
That would have been logical however our esteemed Finance Minister is claiming that this step has been taken to curb import to stop the declining value of INR.
thebanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply