Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 14-11-13   #1
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
Google Search Ad: Indian-Pakistani Reunion Video Goes Viral

The India-Pakistan partition in 1947 separated many friends and families overnight. In this Google advertisement which has gone viral in the past 24hrs, A granddaughter in India decides to surprise her grandfather on his birthday by reuniting him with his childhood friend (who is now in Pakistan) after over 6 decades of separation, with a little help from Google Search.

Reports suggest this is the first in the series of 5 advertisements.
Old 15-11-13   #2
The Game is On!
Community Moderator
"Derevaun Seraun"

csunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Great
Re: Google Search Ad: Indian-Pakistani Reunion Video Goes Viral

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
A granddaughter in India decides to surprise her grandfather on his birthday by reuniting him with his childhood friend (who is now in Pakistan) after over 6 decades of separation, with a little help from Google Search.
Spoiler
Old 15-11-13   #3
TNT
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
:censored:

TNT is very Notable

I expected Facebook to make such advertisements! In real life this reunion would take much longer, as a search for a "park with ancient gate in Lahore" will return results more varied than what is shown in this one.

vijayninel likes this.
TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-13   #4
My Eyes are on You Seller
Community Moderator
I havent set my status yet.

johnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputable

the video has around 1,007,400 Hits and still counting. this Emotional Touchy ADD, Enough to make and feel Emotional. a nice Virus that has To spread for a Good Cause.
johnjoyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-13   #5
Patient_Zero
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable

I like how Google is handling these sensitive feelings. Films/stories like these always inspired me.
Thank you Google for that lovely bond-up!
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-13   #6
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by TNT View Post
In real life this reunion would take much longer
Exactly, getting a visa to India is no joke. Most visa Pakistani visa applications are rejected outright and even if you get it, it takes a lot of time. It's nothing like what is shown in the ad.

While searching for the keyword "jhajariya" I had to spell it exactly right or it wouldn't show anything. Even there there was only one Wikipedia article about it. Apparently it is a variant of the Imarti/Jaangiri.
ManISinJpr likes this.
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-13   #7
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Nice ad, the feeling of unity is always welcome !!
vijayninel likes this.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-13   #8
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable

Nice Ad.
Even if the Google results shown are not Realistic, The step towards improving the mindset of the residents of both countries is Realistic.
Old 15-11-13   #9
teh priesT!
[E]onian
does this count as annoying?

bharat14101991 is very Honorablebharat14101991 is very Honorable

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
Exactly, getting a visa to India is no joke. Most visa Pakistani visa applications are rejected outright and even if you get it, it takes a lot of time. It's nothing like what is shown in the ad.

While searching for the keyword "jhajariya" I had to spell it exactly right or it wouldn't show anything. Even there there was only one Wikipedia article about it. Apparently it is a variant of the Imarti/Jaangiri.
i met a pakistani once in train...he told me that he wanted to visit jaipur but coudnt cause he was denied visa for the city. according to him if some pakistani wants to visit a city in india, he first needs to go to local(indian) police office and ask for permission. and most of the time they just get permission for major cities only.

i dont know if he was right or not but this is what he told me.

@topic nice job done by google...
bharat14101991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply