Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Tablet Computers
Register Forgot Password?

Old 08-11-12   #1
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
Google-Asus Nexus Looting Indians with Nexus 7 Pricing

The Nexus 7 tablet is to go on sale in India on Nov 8 and the Google-Asus combo have started open fleecing of Indian customers by charging Rs 19,999 (Rs 20,000) for the 16GB WiFi version. It was bad enough that India is getting the tablet so late over here, but then pricing it so high when compared to the U.S price is just adding insult to injury.

The Nexus 7 cost's $200 (Rs 10600) in the U.S.A. Mind you that the tablet is not made in the U.S but in China. So Google have managed to pay all the import costs etc and then sell it in the U.S for Rs 10,600. Here they want to charge nearly twice the amount because they think Indians are very rich fools who can be charged anything. There wont be such a big increase even if you take all the taxes and costs into account. Please see Ranjit's video down below where he has explained why the taxes wont amount to so much.

At this price this tablet is not at all value for money. There are much better options available like Apple's iPad2 or Android tablets from other OEM's. The pricing of Asus products in India is usually disappointing and Nexus 7 is no exception to this.
Doremon likes this.
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12   #2
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble
Re: Google-Asus Nexus Looting Indians with Nexus 7 Pricing

I would say that its Asus's own policy with the permission of Google, all android users who wanted a tablet should be happy that India is considered so rich and prosperous combined with being stupid that the companies charge such amounts.

But on a side note... its cheaper than the iPad mini
although most companies are treating Indian's like shit !! just see all the companies !!

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12   #3
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!

Hmm... right now, the ebay price (not even officially launched yet) of iPad mini 16 GB is Rs 26000.
iPad Mini cost in USA = $329

Nexus 7 Cost in USA = $200
Nexus 7 cost in India = Rs 20000

Let me know, if your logic is failing, or mine?
ManISinJpr likes this.

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12   #4
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Don't You Worry Child

z3r094 is very Notable

and people expect nexus 4 to launch @ 20k :\

Zowie AM-GS , Logitech Mx518 , Razer Goliathus Alpha Control , Steelseries 5hv2 Black With USB Soundcard
z3r094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12   #5
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Rig Gallery

mav2000 is extemely Distinguished
mav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguished

This is expected and I have spoken to Asus time and again on their pricing policy. Unluckily the people I know are on the product side and not on the sales side.

Sadly, its a raw deal for us and continues to be so. I just came back from SG and there the 7950 prices are around 350-380 SGD. That works out to around 15k for the usual factory versions and a bit more for the after market versions. Here the factory version is barely available and the after market ones are far more expensive.

Same is the case for almost any device, even after taking into account that the SGD has gone up by Rs. 10 in the last year or so. TV's, Cameras, motherboards, etc are all cheaper, at a much higher exchange rate. Each and every TV is around 15-20% lower in price there as compared to here, again at Rs. 45/SGD.

Anyway, there are more than enough people who know ways to get the tablets down at lower prices and the same will happen if the Nexus phones are priced beyond 30k.
Old 08-11-12   #6
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr ♦ View Post
But on a side note... its cheaper than the iPad mini although most companies are treating Indian's like shit !! just see all the companies !!
I agree that all companies treat Indian consumers badly but Asus takes the lead in fleecing customers here. As karan/ranjit (in video) have pointed out there is not so much difference between U.S pricing and Indian pricing even in Apples products. Also I dont want to get into a technical argument in this thread but overall the iPad mini is a far superior product than the Nexus 7 because of its ecosystem. Anyway, I'm quite sure that we will be having other good android tablets within the 15k mark in 2013. We surely cant look to Google/Asus for good hardware as they are not serious about Indian customers.

If anyone really wants a Nexus 7 then I would advise them to get it from the U.S, grey markets or other countries. I am so glad that the Delhi high court has allowed parallel imports in India now. This was needed badly. Delhi Court Gives Landmark Judgment on Parallel Imports
ManISinJpr and Doremon like this.
Old 08-11-12   #7
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
I agree that all companies treat Indian consumers badly but Asus takes the lead in fleecing customers here. As karan/ranjit (in video) have pointed out there is not so much difference between U.S pricing and Indian pricing even in Apples products. Also I dont want to get into a technical argument in this thread but overall the iPad mini is a far superior product than the Nexus 7 because of its ecosystem. Anyway, I'm quite sure that we will be having other good android tablets within the 15k mark in 2013. We surely cant look to Google/Asus for good hardware as they are not serious about Indian customers.

If anyone really wants a Nexus 7 then I would advise them to get it from the U.S, grey markets or other countries. I am so glad that the Delhi high court has allowed parallel imports in India now. This was needed badly. Delhi Court Gives Landmark Judgment on Parallel Imports
I believe even the Nexus is being imported by Rashi, and Asus is simply afraid (or in awe) of Rashi's reach. There is no doubt they are one of the best distributors as far as market penetration is concerned but on the same note they charge way too much and Asus simply do not want to meddle with Rashi's pricing till the time they can keep achieving the sales figures.
Maximus V Gene (MSI Z77-GD65, Gigabyte P67A-UD7, EVGA Classified E760,MSI Eclipse,DFI DK P45 Plus, Foxconn Mars, Asus P5Ne-SLI, Asus P5B Deluxe/Wifi AP), Intel 3770k Benched @ 6.7Ghz, Intel 2600K Benched @ 5.7 Ghz, AMD 8150 Benched @ 7.45 Ghz, Intel 980X Benched @ 6.07Ghz, AMD 970BE Benched @ 6.63Ghz, (Intel i5 680 Benched @ 6.44Ghz, Intel i7 950 Benched @ 5150Mhz, Intel E8600 Benched @ 5.71Ghz, Intel QX9650 Benched @5.41Ghz, Intel Core2 Duo E8400@4.6Ghz, e4300 @ 3.52 Ghz), Thermalright Venomous X, GSkill 6400 2 x 1 GB @ 1260Mhz , HIS 7970 (MSI GTX 580, MSI GTX 480, EVGA GTX295, Asus 4870 x2, EVGA 9800GX2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT, Nvidia 7900GTX, XFX 8600GT), DELL E248WFP Monitor, CoolerMaster Benchtable, Antec HCP 1200W, Altec Lansing 641 400 RMS Watts with Auzentech X-Plosion

SVGTECH HOC40 and HOC20 Review

Corsair Vengeance K90, M90 and M60 Review

Gigabyte P67 UD7 + Intel i7 2600k Preview

Strontium Ultra Speed 128GB SSD Review

Gigabyte GX-X58A-UD9 Review
thebanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12   #8
teh nuB!
Hu Chhel Chhabilo..

Doremon is Mysterious

Originally Posted by KiD0M4N View Post
Hmm... right now, the ebay price (not even officially launched yet) of iPad mini 16 GB is Rs 26000.
iPad Mini cost in USA = $329

Nexus 7 Cost in USA = $200
Nexus 7 cost in India = Rs 20000

Let me know, if your logic is failing, or mine?
Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
If anyone really wants a Nexus 7 then I would advise them to get it from the U.S, grey markets or other countries.
Just inquired with Canadian friend for iPad mini & Nexus 7. Lets see what price figure out then
Doremon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12   #9
Banned
I'm Animator / GawD

zombie is somewhat of a Mystery

Yea, Never gonna happen in India

@topic

Yes its not about iPad or android.
We all know apple sell their product at a very high-end price & in India its very high still eBay is accepting the order @ just 26,499rs for 16gb.
While on the other hand, Google points at better thing for reasonable price, so whats this ?

And the same question that I have in mind from the time I'm into gadgets !
Do they think Indians are uber rich ?
Okay they are, but why the hell they'll pay 20k for a 10k tablet in other area.
That means you are already making profit when you're selling it for 10k and now making 5-6 times of that profit by selling in India ?

Then Asus is not doing a favor being a well known brand in India by launching the tablet, its just for bloody profit and that too "Day Light Robbery" as Vijayninel's image says !

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

I think its good that Asus launched it in India before Nexus 4.
I hope and wish this tye of video and atleast some of the reviews goes to google & LG and they price the Nexus 4 reasonably.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nokia 3310 > Siemens > Tata Star > Nokia 1100 > Nokia N72 > Moto Razr V3 > Moto Razr V3i > Nokia N73 > Blackberry Curve > Chinese Mobile > Samsung Guru > Samsung Star 3G > Lg Pop > Samsung Corby Mate > iPhone 3G > iPhone 3Gs > iPhone 4 > iPhone 4S > Nokia 1600 > HTC Desire HD > HTC Sensation > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Samsung Galaxy Note > Nokia 101 > iPhone 4S
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bike Life : Yamaha Libero > Pulsar 180 > Karizma R > Yamaha Fazer > Pulsar 220 > Discover > Yamaha Fz > Pulsar 220
(Italic = Currently In my Parking)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Traveled on bike : Area / Places Of Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttrakhand, Gujarat, Nepal, U.P., Bihar, Maharashtra.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DieHard Fan : Apple, Puma, Dell, Pulsar, CoolerMaster, ATI Graphic Cards.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hate : Cars, Superstition, AMD Processor, Nvidia, Canon SLR, Microsoft Office, Linux.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jai Hanuman !
Respect, Pray, Love "Parents" Forget other Mantra-Vantra, Baba's and their drama.
zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12   #10
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by zombie View Post
I hope and wish this tye of video and atleast some of the reviews goes to google & LG and they price the Nexus 4 reasonably.
I wouldnt get my hopes up on that. A mass boycott is being organised in Spain over the Nexus 4's high pricing there. I rather doubt that Indians will get much better treatment. Spanish Retailer Suspends Plan to Stock Nexus 4 Over LG Pricing

The good thing is that Spaniards blasted LG on their facebook page unlike people in India who take such things lying down. Check out the comments here https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1226946&type=1
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12   #11
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
BS-ANAL suckks !!!

eddy4823 is Mysterious

Originally Posted by z3r094 View Post
exactly..
I am getting Nexus 4 either via Erodov or https://www.facebook.com/theamericanbazaar. They are selling 16Gb version at 21-22k.
eddy4823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12   #12
Banned
I'm Animator / GawD

Yes Indian's never gonna do such things
Old 08-11-12   #13
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
BS-ANAL suckks !!!

eddy4823 is Mysterious

This 20k pricing for Nexus 7 was expected.
eddy4823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12   #14
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned

The $200 is the Subsidized price offered by Google and not ASUS .. Correct me if I am wrong.
If Google launches the Nexus 7 & the Nexus 4 in India through the Play Store then we will also get the subsidized price .. if not then we get the Vendor price which is obviously higher.

Let's not kid ourselves .. the Nexus 4 & Nexus 7 are worth a lot more than $200 & $300. Its Google's marketing which allows them to be sold at such cheap rates. Google bears the cost not ASUS.

So if ASUS is launching its products directly it won't give out the discounts that Google gives.

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12   #15
Banned
I'm Animator / GawD

Originally Posted by dexbg View Post
The $200 is the Subsidized price offered by Google and not ASUS .. Correct me if I am wrong.
If Google launches the Nexus 7 & the Nexus 4 in India through the Play Store then we will also get the subsidized price .. if not then we get the Vendor price which is obviously higher.

Let's not kid ourselves .. the Nexus 4 & Nexus 7 are worth a lot more than $200 & $300. Its Google's marketing which allows them to be sold at such cheap rates. Google bears the cost not ASUS.

So if ASUS is launching its products directly it won't give out the discounts that Google gives.
Yes, but even @ 10k Google wont be selling it in loss nor on the cut-to-cut price, right ?

So even a price tag of 14-15k is also giving 4-5k on each unit sold ?
But the hunger is more, okay I / we understand, but the difference is

Google or Asus whoever doing, there only 1 reason "A BIG PROFIT" and nothing else. So why buy this device ?
And after this high-end price even the third party website's and people selling on eBay will surely increase their price. !
ManISinJpr likes this.
Post New Thread  Reply