Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Mobile Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 03-11-13   #31
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
Re: Google Announces Nexus 5 , Coming Soon To India At Rs 28,999

Originally Posted by blufox View Post
Please type in proper legible English.
I have no hint what you intend to say in this letter hopping spree.

Please avoid the dreaded SMS lingo.
I agree. @nseries734 your posts are incoherent. Please use proper spelling and grammar here.
Old 03-11-13   #32
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Proud Nexu5 Fanboy

Sobirvs is very Notable

Originally Posted by nseries734 View Post
That isn't true by any means frg8 what u see on the screen of ur phn, mve it to ur lappy r pc and then compare ur quality, I am a user of S3 and can firmly say u nexus 4 quality of pics doesn't compare 2 S3. for comparision y don't u go check the GSMARENA.COM site and see the camera samples for urself........
Actually you reminded me of 2 months back when I saw the comparison of Nexus 4 and s3 at gsmarena. LOL I saw that review and man, that sure came from a sammy fan, saw the comments on the review and everyone was bashing the reviewer lol. Same happened this year with iVerge too when they reviewed nexus 5 for 1 minute.
msankadi likes this.
Sobirvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13   #33
Neo[t]
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13   #34
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Complete Mind

nseries734 is Mysterious

real good and going by his reputation it's really cool..............got 2 get this somehow..........can live with the yellow tinge that saf has been complaining often in the review.........
prateekS likes this.
nseries734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13   #35
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I have set my status just now.

sunny4691 is very Notable

Originally Posted by prateekS View Post
2300mah battery is holding up just fine on 4.3 on my current phone..

Sent Via Tapatalk 2 from my HTC DROID DNA
Droid DNA has got a 2020 mAh battery.

Intel Xeon w3520 | Msi Big Bang xPower X58 | 2 x GTX 680 SLI | Ocz Platinum 3x2gb 1600mhz CL7 | Seagate 1TB | Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000w | Lancool Dragonlord k62 | Samsung S22B370H LED | Razer Abyssus | Google NEXUS 4 | HTC DROID DNA | LG G2 32GB | LG G3 32GB
sunny4691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13   #36
Neo[t]
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

Originally Posted by sunny4691 View Post
Droid DNA has got a 2020 mAh battery.
Does it?

Well its giving 3-4 times the backup of a Nexus 4 despite having a 1080p screen.

prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13   #37
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I have set my status just now.

sunny4691 is very Notable

Originally Posted by prateekS View Post
Does it?

Well its giving 3-4 times the backup of a Nexus 4 despite having a 1080p screen.

Yes mate, check gsmarena.

I get about 3 hrs screen on (no wifi, mostly gaming) time on my stock Droid DNA( unlocked bootloader + rooted), while I get 4 hrs 45 min+ screen on(no wifi, mostly gaming) time on my stock Nexus 4.

IMO 2300 mAh will be enough for the Nexus 5.
sunny4691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13   #38
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
~404

roofrider is Mysterious

Originally Posted by uniquegamer View Post
I think nexus 7 2013 will be 17-18k considering price of new N5..
32GB LTE is 26k. Nexus 7 - Google
I think 16GB will be 18-19k
roofrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13   #39
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

^ Exactly I said about 16gb wifi version.
uniquegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13   #40
HKS
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

HKS is Mysterious

Originally Posted by JsDart View Post
I'm looking at it from a market adoption rate which will result in aftermarket ROM support; hardware support, whether that be in the form of cases and covers, wireless charging mods, or just the community and market evolved around one phone; removable batteries; as well as expandable storage in the form of MicroSD. I don't think the average consumer is going to care much about something like Android versions since they are not as into tech as us which is what the Nexus 5 offers and does best, neither are they going to bother with the hardware which goes into the phone which geeks like us care about, but instead with things like can they get a day out of their phone.
What ever it is.....samsumg SHIT comes in PLASTIC...........even S4 is made of PLASTIC........what else we can expect.......
HKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13   #41
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

JsDart is Notable

Originally Posted by HKS View Post
What ever it is.....samsumg SHIT comes in PLASTIC...........even S4 is made of PLASTIC........what else we can expect.......
I will argue tough that almost every high end smartphone wit the exception of the iPhone and the HTC One is made out of plastic. Also, will you rather sacrifice on a small difference to feel to expandibility? I can't think of too many reasons other than looks as to why a metal back is better than a plastic one. Also, most people put a rubber cover on their phones anyways so noticing a change in material is highly unlikely.
punjab_ak47 likes this.
JsDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13   #42
HKS
teh nuB!

HKS is Mysterious

I've never seen any HTC phone made out of plastic........Right???

I'm not here to fight.......But truth is SAMSUNG is PLASTIC.......this is really bad on there part.....
HKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13   #43
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

JsDart is Notable

I'm not here to fight.......But truth is SAMSUNG is PLASTIC.......this is really bad on there part.....
HTC Sensation and [I think] the One X had a soft touch plastic on them. We are not fighting, we are having a conversation I personally don't see anything bad about plastic other than the way it feels and that too till a lesser extent; I don't know about others but holding my Sensation and my siblings iPad left no immediate change in feeling. I would not mind seeing a metal case though The HTC Sensation has a unique implementation of the metal-plastic cover, and if manufacturers sold phones with a plastic housing but somehow managed to make a design in which a metal case can be clipped on on top of that in a way in which it does not add to much buldge, clips on firmly, as well as offers greater protection to those who want to pay a bit more, that would be pretty neat
punjab_ak47 likes this.
JsDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13   #44
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Plastic is the best choice of material for making a smartphone because it is more resistant to deformation, chipping, cracking, breakage, bumps and scratches. The fact that it is cheap to mass produce is only a side benifit. Glass and Aluminum are inferior materials for such a type of consumer durable. Companies make use of them only to feed the ego's of people who are ignorant of materials and to justify their exorbitant pricing.
punjab_ak47 and nvarun like this.
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13   #45
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
~404

roofrider is Mysterious

I agree that the non tech savvy won't go for N5, simply because they don't like the vanilla look more than anything else. People here prefer touchwiz,sense etc.. to the vanilla look.
32 GB is more than enough for most. I've not checked the reviews, as long as the battery life and camera quality is improved, N5 is a winner.

Google isn't really looking to make profit from the Nexus line atm, they just want Android to achieve a wider reach which is happening thanks to their Nexus line and it's pricing.

Last edited by roofrider; 04-11-13 at 07:18 PM.
roofrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply