Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 07-11-13   #1
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

Icon9 Glass of My Nexus 7 BROKE. What to Use It As?

Guys, the tablet that I used and supported Nexus 7 (2012) is broken !!
The touch does not work across the screen and it is useless to me !!
What to do with it?
invader likes this.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-13   #2
CoMod
Community Moderator
Sellers beware of the invasion

invader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Great
Re: Glass of My Nexus 7 BROKE. What to Use It As?

give it to me .. I'll find some use for it
prosenjit likes this.
invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-13   #3
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Blogging & Internt Marketi

roadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirable

u will have to replace the screen if only the glass is broken and all controls work beneath the glass.
Old 07-11-13   #4
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Guys ! the touch works in one area of screen and not the other. !! but the tablet is working alright !! booting and internet and display !!
Old 07-11-13   #5
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
GIVE ME REP POINTS!! Click the

anubhav992 is very Honorableanubhav992 is very Honorable

Isnt there any way to repair to it ??
anubhav992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-13   #6
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

DaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by anubhav992 View Post
Isnt there any way to repair to it ??
That's what he is asking! -_-
Manish, did something happened like it fell down...have some scratch on screen or just it started showing problems.
DaRampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-13   #7
teh geeK!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I havent set my status yet.

kartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirable

i think changing the screen should work but how much will screen cost
kartikoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-13   #8
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Yes !! that is what I want to ask..
It is not a scratch !! the glass is BROKEN totally.. diagonally, I will post pics of that.
Originally Posted by DaRampage View Post
That's what he is asking! -_-
Manish, did something happened like it fell down...have some scratch on screen or just it started showing problems.

Changing the screen is an option!
The new screen costs 10600 !! yes more than the cost of the tablet itself !! so that is out of question for me.
Originally Posted by kartikoli View Post
i think changing the screen should work but how much will screen cost
Old 07-11-13   #9
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
bleh

Aumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly Admirable

That's surprising. I thought the Nexus 7 was more robust owing to the design. Then again, I haven't dropped mine and my sister hasn't dropped hers either.

Okay, what you can do, is add it to your TV to make it a "Smart TV". A MHL adapter, the respective cable ( and power source might be necessary ) and a bluetooth keyboard and mouse and VLC or another Media player that can stream, and you have an Ultra low power HTPC for your TV.

The way I see it, the ONLY inconvenience would be turning it on. But BTing the rest will seem feasible. There's a youtube video testing the multitasking on the Note II in a much similar fashion where a guy hooks it up to a desktop monitor, so you can check that out as well.

I would love doing this on my own, but I'd have to change my PC setup and run my FTP server for media all the time. Also, I'm at my desktop most of the time so wouldn't exactly need a "smart tv" as such, considering I have my Note II to do the stuff I want it to.

Hope this helps, or sparks off some other ideas.

---

Also, check if the digitizer+LCD is fused to the glass. If that is the case, and the LCD isn't broken, you should be able to just replace the digitizer for a much lower amount.
Desktop - Core i5 4670K - 4.2Ghz @ 1.16v | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 | Gigabyte Z87-D3HP | Sapphire R7 250X 1GB DDR5 | HD555 | Fiio E7 | Ikari Optical | TVS Gold | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB SSD + Seagate 7200.10 500GB | Seagate Expansion 2TB USB3 | BenQ GW2255HM

Mobile - iPhone 5S Gold 16GB - 7.0.3 Jailbroken; Nexus 7 - Stock 4.4.2; Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Headset.
Aumkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-13   #10
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

Any answer guys !!!

Also forgot to mention that the tablet was under pattern lock and now as the touch is not working for half of the screen. !!
I can't get to Android !!
I can just see it !! locked..
Old 08-11-13   #11
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Proud Nexu5 Fanboy

Sobirvs is very Notable

You can just reset it to get out of the pattern lock. afaik it's power +volume down buttons when you restart the device.

And as the screen as you said costs 10k, you better get a new tablet and use this one as Aumkar said.
Sobirvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-13   #12
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

Use it as an HTPC / Media Player for your HDTV! I use an Android dongle just for this purpose.
Just attach its hdmi out to your tv, install xbmc for android and use it remote app on another android device like your mobile to control it. There is also DroidMote app which you can use as a remote control or you can buy an air mouse.

Else, you can use it as a webserver by using the servers ultimate pro app (even I use ftp and ssh on my Android dongle)

Do a factory reset in clockwork recovery to get out of pattern lock

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.

Last edited by Free Radical; 08-11-13 at 06:19 PM.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-13   #13
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

Read this also guys.. !!
Originally Posted by ManISinJpr ♦ View Post
Also forgot to mention that the tablet was under pattern lock and now as the touch is not working for half of the screen. !!
I will try this.. ! need more details on resetting the lock without using the touch screen !!
Originally Posted by Sobirvs View Post
You can just reset it to get out of the pattern lock. afaik it's power +volume down buttons when you restart the device.

It has no HDMI out but also find about pattern lock scenario.. !!
Originally Posted by Free Radical View Post
Use it as an HTPC / Media Player for your HDTV! I use an Android dongle just for this purpose.
Old 08-11-13   #14
teh nuB!
Person of Interest

tubelight is Mysterious

You could sell it as well. People buy broken screen devices to salvage it for parts. I wouldn't expect to get a decent amount for it.
tubelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-13   #15
CoMod
Community Moderator
Sellers beware of the invasion

invader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Great

I'll say it again give it away lol
invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply