Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > RMA and Warranty Servicing Experiences
Register Forgot Password?

Old 24-07-13   #1
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
Icon2 Gigabyte India Revises Warranty Terms - Promsies 3-7 Day RMA Time

Gigabyte India has revamped its warranty terms with a focus on ensuring that end-customers gets faster and more efficient support.

As per the new policy, the company is offering a "maximum" 3-day Turnaround Time (TAT) in metro cities, and a 7-day TAT in non-metro cities as part its 3-year service warranty. Apparently this has been made possible by the recently set up GIGABYTE Exclusive Service Centers that also act as after-sales support hubs for their respective regions.

I'm not sure what they mean by "maximum" turnaround time and what will happen if they exceed this self imposed time limit in certain cases. Anyhow its good that they are trying to reduce the time limit.

The details of Gigabytes new policy are as follows.

================================================== ==================================================

GIGABYTE Technology India Warranty Terms

Dead on Arrival (DoA) Policy

If any GIGABYTE motherboard fails to work within 7 days from the purchase date, the company will replace it with a brand new piece. The following conditions apply to avail of this.
  • Original packing must be returned along with the defective motherboard
  • Original invoice should also be submitted with the motherboard
  • Motherboards with visible damages will not be accepted for the DoA service. However, it will be repaired and returned (RMA).
Products found to have no faults, will be returned without service charges.

GIGABYTE reserves the right to audit the invoice, and also to take legal action if the invoice is found to be fake / forged.

Return Material Authorization*(RMA) Policy

If any GIGABYTE motherboard fails to work within 3 years from the date of manufacture, the company will offer repair / replacement service if there is no physical damage. If the product submitted is found to have no faults, it will be returned without any service charge.

Products not Covered Under the 3-Year Warranty Service

Motherboards with the following conditions are not eligible for the 3-year warranty service. However, chargeable service could be provided thereof.
  • Out of 3-year warranty
  • Original serial number sticker is removed
  • Product not used as per instructions mentioned in the User’s Manual
  • Repair attempted by non-GIGABYTE authorized service provider / repair center
  • Defects resulting from natural disasters
  • Motherboards showing signs of Customer Induced Damage (CID). For instance, PCB cracks, PCB bent, trace cut on PCB, among others.
  • Any defect due to product’s operating environment which is not conducive to the product.
  • Motherboard not purchased through GIGABYTE’s India authorized distributors. (Parallel import by non-GIGABYTE authorized distributors) GIGABYTE products are distributed in India by Ingram Micro, Redington (India) and Neoteric Infomatique Ltd.

Post-Sales Service NOT Provided Under the Following Conditions

If the motherboard is beyond repair due to being flooded, broken into parts, inadequate use or as below displayed conditions.
  • Cracks
  • DDR Slot Burnt
  • Corrosion
  • PCB Burnt
  • PCB Bent
  • PCB Trace Cut
  • Component missing
  • Replacement of non-GIGABYTE authorized components
In this case GIGABYTE will return it without providing services and charges.

For more information on GIGABYTE motherboards see : GIGABYTE - Motherboard
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-13   #2
teh geeK!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I havent set my status yet.

kartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirable
Re: Gigabyte India Revises Warranty Terms - Promsies 3-7 Day RMA Time

really good news but i think they should also include GPU's as well that will give them really good boost
kartikoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-13   #3
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

I think that it is a welcome step but I don;t want myself deleted as I think that @thebanik posted this

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-13   #4
teh zeuS!
I'M bACK

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great

Nice to hear it. I wish if all manufacturer goes like gigabyte does.
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-13   #5
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I have set my status....hehehe

Giraffe is very Notable

Atleast someone is taking the lead in this direction.....
It should force other distributors also to offer similar service.
Old 24-07-13   #6
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Bring it ON !!!

Rig Gallery

saifbukhari is very Honorablesaifbukhari is very Honorable

glad :-)
Old 25-07-13   #7
My Eyes are on You Seller
Community Moderator

johnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputable

a wise move by GB.

Originally Posted by kartikoli View Post
but i think they should also include GPU's as well
GB has No plans for this infact they are thinking of having a service center only in Delhi. People have to ship it to delhi directly or give it at Accel front line SS or acro office then they will send it for RMA. then GB Delhi may take their own sweet time to Complete the RMA. its by anyway will not be time saving only will be time Consuming
johnjoyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-13   #8
teh geeK!

kartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
I think that it is a welcome step but I don;t want myself deleted as I think that @thebanik posted this
merging those posts would have pushed vijay post down
i like the reason he gave for deleting old posts @Vijayninial

Originally Posted by johnjoyjoe View Post
a wise move by GB.

GB has No plans for this infact they are thinking of having a service center only in Delhi. People have to ship it to delhi directly or give it at Accel front line SS or acro office then they will send it for RMA. then GB Delhi may take their own sweet time to Complete the RMA. its by anyway will not be time saving only will be time Consuming
oh i thought they have RMA of gpu's in every service center
kartikoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-13   #9
Community Moderator

johnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by kartikoli View Post
oh i thought they have RMA of gpu's in every service center
they have it in every service center but replacement will be done only at delhi
Old 10-08-13   #10
teh geeK!
[E]onian

Timon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly Admirable

It's a wise move taken by GIGABYTE...
COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX MB520 RGB| MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI AMD| AMD Ryzen 5 3500 3rd Gen | BenQ XL2420Z 24 inch 1080P Zero Flicker Gaming| ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2070 AMP Extreme| | G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz 16 GB| Corsair TX-M Series TX850M 850 Watt| Altec Lensing VS4121 2.1| HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset| WD2x2TB, 2x500GB Caviar Green,SAMSUNG 860 EVO 2.5 inch 500GB SATA| Portable 4TB, 1TB, 2x500GB Seagate 3.0| | APC Back-UPS RS 1.1KVA 230V| ASUS Cerberus Keyboard, SteelSeries Rival 600 Gaming Mouse| Samsung 22X SATA DVD Writer, Sony 24X Sata DVD Writer|Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R RGB Liquid CPU Cooler
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-13   #11
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Game On!

mrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputable

are they even selling gpus in india? Also I can't seem to be able to buy GB laptops anywhere in India.

iShock and S-plosion

are the two new killer features of the smartphones
mrnikhilsudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-13   #12
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by mrnikhilsudo View Post
are they even selling gpus in india? Also I can't seem to be able to buy GB laptops anywhere in India.
IIRC Gigabyte have been selling graphic cards in India from 2001. @thebanik can you confirm this?
Old 11-08-13   #13
Community Moderator

lately ACRO has not Been importing Gb GPU.
Old 12-08-13   #14
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
IIRC Gigabyte have been selling graphic cards in India from 2001. @thebanik can you confirm this?
No, Vijay they have not been selling them officially. Gigabyte in India is a separate department which looks after just their Mainboards.

Its just Distributors who decide to bring in Gigabyte videocards from time to time. At the moment I do not think they have any Gigabyte videocard in stock.
Maximus V Gene (MSI Z77-GD65, Gigabyte P67A-UD7, EVGA Classified E760,MSI Eclipse,DFI DK P45 Plus, Foxconn Mars, Asus P5Ne-SLI, Asus P5B Deluxe/Wifi AP), Intel 3770k Benched @ 6.7Ghz, Intel 2600K Benched @ 5.7 Ghz, AMD 8150 Benched @ 7.45 Ghz, Intel 980X Benched @ 6.07Ghz, AMD 970BE Benched @ 6.63Ghz, (Intel i5 680 Benched @ 6.44Ghz, Intel i7 950 Benched @ 5150Mhz, Intel E8600 Benched @ 5.71Ghz, Intel QX9650 Benched @5.41Ghz, Intel Core2 Duo E8400@4.6Ghz, e4300 @ 3.52 Ghz), Thermalright Venomous X, GSkill 6400 2 x 1 GB @ 1260Mhz , HIS 7970 (MSI GTX 580, MSI GTX 480, EVGA GTX295, Asus 4870 x2, EVGA 9800GX2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT, Nvidia 7900GTX, XFX 8600GT), DELL E248WFP Monitor, CoolerMaster Benchtable, Antec HCP 1200W, Altec Lansing 641 400 RMS Watts with Auzentech X-Plosion

SVGTECH HOC40 and HOC20 Review

Corsair Vengeance K90, M90 and M60 Review

Gigabyte P67 UD7 + Intel i7 2600k Preview

Strontium Ultra Speed 128GB SSD Review

Gigabyte GX-X58A-UD9 Review
thebanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-13   #15
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Game On!

mrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputable

what about laptops? GB laptops lend themselves to near perfect hackintoshes I wanna buy 1 soon.
mrnikhilsudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply