Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 14-06-14   #1
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
COMPUTING begins at PSU

Gigabyte 990 xa ud3: Rma hassle in kolkata

• I bought a Premium Gigabyte board GA990XA UD3 on Feb 2012 with my hard earned money leaving ASUS behind because of Rashi Peripherals . But all my faith on this company has gone.
  • The board is running fine. But in recent past the pc was crashing once or twice a day.
  • On analyzing the crash dump file it shows a software problem and I freshly installed WIN 7 in one my HDD. But it still crashed.
    So installed OS in another HDD but same result. Changed RAM MODULE but same result. Changed PSU with no luck.
  • Now I turned towards motherboard. CPU temp was also ok(39 idle)
    Now I change my GPU (6670 1 GB DDR 5) from PCI-e x16 to PCI-e x8 and also updated to latest catalyst software. From that time no crash has happened. I observed it for a week.
  • So inference drawn that the PCI-e x16 SLOT HAS GONE. Acordingly went to KOLKATA GIGABYTE centre at 41 B B GANGULY STREET on 6/6/2014.
    On reaching the office I saw below the name of GIGABYTE its written ACCEL FRONTLINE which makes me curious. How come its a company owned and company operated service centre ? Its all third party venture like VODAFONE MINISTORE and NOT VODAFONE STORE.
  • Anyhow, on depicting the problem a technician examined the board and told me that the GPU CONTROLLER has been burnt out.I was taken-a-back and asked him how come a BURNT GPU CONTROLLER SHOW DISPLAY THROUGH ONE OF THE THREE GPU SLOTS that it controls? With no satisfactory answer from the executive heavy heartedly i came back home and setup everything again and currently my PC is on and i am writing this letter with a BURNT GPU CONTROLLER in my MOTHERBOARD. The most new born novice of the computer world will also not believe this theory which this Acel Frontline is trying to establish to be at the goodbook of their clients.
  • I have never OCed this entry level GPU also. When the very BLOW YOUR OWN HORN TYPE product of your company gives up due to its own compromised manufacturing policy and that too before the end of WARRANTY PERIOD why the end users should be penalised for that? what is the extra facility the company is giving me being an owner of their premium product. We are all same be it a 3k board or a 10 k board at their SERVICE CENTRE run by a third party.
  • They told me to take a photo of the chip and then send it for an approval to one of the managers of ACCEL FRONTLINE.Why a customer should take approval from company officials for the RMA? Are they not supposed to take my board in first hand and then arrange for an approval from their Boss. I am also in A TELECOM industry and serve the customers with all efforts i can for the last 8 years and none of my costomers get averted from me in any circumstance.
  • Accordingly I have written a letter on the same day i.e. 06/06/2014 and sent it to the concerned and also marked the mail to the GIGABYTE INDIA HEAD, KOLKATA SALES HEAD. But no reply has arrived till time.

Is this what you call "recently revamped its warranty terms with a focus on ensuring that every GIGABYTE motherboard end-customer gets faster and more efficient support."

• At least ASUS is giving warranty on burnt product also which should be the policy of any IT RELATED company to be a humdinger.

Pls revert if you really value feedbacks.

Last edited by avichandana20000; 14-06-14 at 11:12 PM.
avichandana20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-14   #2
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

cramble2005 is Notable
Re: Gigabyte 990 xa ud3: Rma hassle in kolkata

Yep!! Completely agree. I had a motherboard whose LAN port went bad under warranty and they told me the same that it is not covered under warranty and burnt. I asked them to show burn marks. They said its burnt internally and they cant do nythng abt it. He suggested me to purchase a lan card for 200/- bux from my pocket as if I didn't knew. My thoughts were for what purpose warranty is there? Same goes for hitachi hdds covered by accel frontline. They keep on looking for excuses for not providing warranty and give emails to write to higher authority to which their response is k hmaare haath me kuch nai hai!! I have stopped purchasing anything whose warranty is covered by Accel coz unke haath me kuch nai hai!!

However, with rashi I always had a nice nd xcellent service xperiance.

cramble2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply