Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

Old 27-06-12   #1
Tiger Style
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Dont buy HIS products

Galaxy Tab Banned in the US

Apple wins preliminary injunction
A US court backed a request by Apple to ban Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 sales stateside.

US District Judge Lucy Koh followed an appeals court ruling, urging her to reconsider Apple’s request, after she originally denied it.

"Although Samsung has a right to compete, it does not have a right to compete unfairly, by flooding the market with infringing products," wrote Koh on Tuesday.

However, industry watchers and legal experts alike are concerned by Apple’s legal crusade against the competition. Many believe the outfit is using its patent portfolio too aggressively and too broadly in order to stamp out the competition.

"The relief being given to Apple here is extraordinary. Preliminary injunctions are rarely asked for and rarely granted," law professor Colleen Chien told Reuters.

"That this was a design patent and copying was alleged distinguish this case from plain vanilla utility patent cases. Cases involving these kinds of patents are based more on a counterfeiting theory than a competition theory.”

Samsung is likely to appeal the latest injunction, but it is worth noting that it does not apply to the new Galaxy Tab 10.1 II unveiled last month.

More here.

VGA:HIS R9280X 3gb
Monitor:BENQ 22"
MB:Socket 1155 - GA-H77-DS3H
CPU:i7 3770
Sound:M-Audio Audiophile 2496
Speakers: Edifier C2 2.1
Memory: 8 Gb Corsair
PSU: Cooler Master G600 80 Plus
HDD: 160 + 250 + 320 gb Seagate
Cooling: Antec C40
Chassis: CM 690

Mav3ricK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-12   #2
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

DaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly Reputable
Re: Galaxy Tab Banned in the US

6 hours and neither of Rajapraveen and Manish have replied to this, strange

Last edited by DaRampage; 28-06-12 at 01:05 AM.
DaRampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-12   #3
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
FML!! >_>

nikthegr8 is very Honorablenikthegr8 is very Honorable

"Although Samsung has a right to compete, it does not have a right to compete unfairly, by flooding the market with infringing products,"

ManISinJpr likes this.
nikthegr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-12   #4
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

I don't think it makes a difference to Samsung.

For every Galaxy Tab banned, they've released about 10 different models which aren't banned.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-12   #5
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

So this is a nice step !!
I welcome it WHOLEHEARTEDLY, as the day is coming near when Apple will realize that is has th elowest number of patents and thus will be put out to GOOD !

This nuff said !! I thought juduciary in India was bad !
""The relief being given to Apple here is extraordinary. Preliminary injunctions are rarely asked for and rarely granted," law professor Colleen Chien told Reuters."

There @DaRampage, happy now.
DaRampage likes this.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-12   #6
teh spamm[E]R!
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished

Seriously I say bad news, though the model banned is gonna be obsolete anyways, and no money was given to apple, otherwise most such ruling accompany with millions/billions of dollars of compensation as well.
Maximus V Gene (MSI Z77-GD65, Gigabyte P67A-UD7, EVGA Classified E760,MSI Eclipse,DFI DK P45 Plus, Foxconn Mars, Asus P5Ne-SLI, Asus P5B Deluxe/Wifi AP), Intel 3770k Benched @ 6.7Ghz, Intel 2600K Benched @ 5.7 Ghz, AMD 8150 Benched @ 7.45 Ghz, Intel 980X Benched @ 6.07Ghz, AMD 970BE Benched @ 6.63Ghz, (Intel i5 680 Benched @ 6.44Ghz, Intel i7 950 Benched @ 5150Mhz, Intel E8600 Benched @ 5.71Ghz, Intel QX9650 Benched @5.41Ghz, Intel Core2 Duo E8400@4.6Ghz, e4300 @ 3.52 Ghz), Thermalright Venomous X, GSkill 6400 2 x 1 GB @ 1260Mhz , HIS 7970 (MSI GTX 580, MSI GTX 480, EVGA GTX295, Asus 4870 x2, EVGA 9800GX2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT, Nvidia 7900GTX, XFX 8600GT), DELL E248WFP Monitor, CoolerMaster Benchtable, Antec HCP 1200W, Altec Lansing 641 400 RMS Watts with Auzentech X-Plosion

SVGTECH HOC40 and HOC20 Review

Corsair Vengeance K90, M90 and M60 Review

Gigabyte P67 UD7 + Intel i7 2600k Preview

Strontium Ultra Speed 128GB SSD Review

Gigabyte GX-X58A-UD9 Review
thebanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-12   #7
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

That is coz the case is not over, thisis an extraordinary order that has been passed as the case will continue !!
Originally Posted by thebanik View Post
Seriously I say bad news, though the model banned is gonna be obsolete anyways, and no money was given to apple, otherwise most such ruling accompany with millions/billions of dollars of compensation as well.
Old 28-06-12   #8
Jeebus
forgiving your sins

RajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished
RajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished

Apple and their silly complaints, lol.

Stanley kubrick's relatives where are you folks? sue apple now.

Funny apple.

RajaPraveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-12   #9
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned

Apple might actually be loosing more dollars in the lawsuits than Samnsung would make selling those tablets ..

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-12   #10
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

They have billions in the bank.

You think they care?
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-12   #11
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

Big companies have fallen in history !!! much much bigger and the irony is that the present day companies and people forget !!
Old 29-06-12   #12
Jeebus
forgiving your sins

RajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished
RajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished

Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
They have billions in the bank denying shareholders their dividend and by not paying tax

You think they care?

Fixed.

It is quite true, apple simply does not care.
RajaPraveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-12   #13
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Game On!

mrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputable
Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Big companies have fallen in history !!! much much bigger and the irony is that the present day companies and people forget !!
The bigger the giant the greater the fall.remember David and Goliath.

Sent from my MB 526 (lol 525 with Walter's kernel) with selective HWA. eff you Motorola

iShock and S-plosion

are the two new killer features of the smartphones
mrnikhilsudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-12   #14
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Game On!

mrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputable
Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
So this is a nice step !!
I welcome it WHOLEHEARTEDLY, as the day is coming near when Apple will realize that is has th elowest number of patents and thus will be put out to GOOD !

This nuff said !! I thought juduciary in India was bad !
""The relief being given to Apple here is extraordinary. Preliminary injunctions are rarely asked for and rarely granted," law professor Colleen Chien told Reuters."

There @DaRampage, happy now.
Apple it's heading down a road from f eg which they cannot return.I mean look at the new lineup.the first thing you see is that they are first advertising a finance scheme for their super expensive laptop rather than its most important features. I really don't see any logic to their
Litigation.the law firm representing them must be laughing will the way to the bank

Originally Posted by dexterboygenius View Post
Apple might actually be loosing more dollars in the lawsuits than Samnsung would make selling those tablets ..

Sent from my MB 526 (lol 525 with Walter's kernel) with selective HWA. eff you Motorola
mrnikhilsudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply