Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 30-09-13   #1
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Mad Overclocker

FUNC MS-3 Gaming Mouse Review

FUNC MS-3 Gaming Mouse Review

Introduction

Members and readers may think FUNC is a new brand but it`s not true, Func is a California based company established in 1999 with the product range of Gaming mouse pads,Gaming keyboards and some other gaming peripherals. Today we will take a look at their first gaming mouse in their new range i.e FUNC MS-3 Gaming Mouse .

Features And Specifications

Features

Ergonomically Designed Grip Intelligence(TM)
The MS-3 is ergonomically designed to minimise hand strain and stress in order to allow you to keep your eye focussed on the screen and not on your grip.

Built to last with only the best components available
This mouse is built to last with only high-end components paired up with a two year warranty.

Customisable LED-light system with profile indication
Apply any of the 16.8 million colours individually or simply turn the LEDs off. The LED system can be used as a profile indicator or simply match up your mouse with other peripherals on your desk.

Unique T+4(TM) thumbzone button placement for more accurate gameplay
When you find yourself in a critical play movement, the importance of easily accessible buttons and an optimised Thumbzone is crucial to avoid miss-clicks.

Advanced macro editor records up to 20 actions live
The macro editor handles real-time recordings and is able to save up to 10 commands in one macro and a total of 60 macros; reachable from any profile.

Technical Specs.

MCU/Processor: WT6573
Switches: Omron
Sensor: Avago UGS 9500
Memory: Onboard, 512 kB
Resolution: 90-5670 DPI
Frames per second: 12 000
Tracking speed: 5.1 m/sec (150 ips)
Max Acceleration: 30 g
Image processing: 10.6 megapixels/sec
Report rate: Adjustable, up to 1000Hz
Lift-off distance: Adjustable
Upgradable firmware: Yes
Connection: USB. Goldplated (2 m braided cable)
Dimensions: 126.92 x 100.69 x 42.38mm / 4.99 x 3.97 x 1.69in
Net. weight: 127g / 0.28lbs.

System Requirements

Windows® 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 / 8
Available USB port
10 MB free space on hard drive

First Look
MS-3 Mouse is packed in a medium sized white box with a company logo and product name on it.

The back side of the box reveals some features of the mouse containing buttons, comfortable grip, customizable LED’s,instant aim button and the build quality .

The MS-3 Mouse box has a flip cover on the front that reveal the specifications panel and the mouse behind the protective plastic shell.

Along with the mouse the box contains a user manual and a software disc.

Here is our first look at the MS-3, the mouse is really bigger than average.

The MS-3 has matt black finish with a smooth rubberised coating and consists 10 buttons with a unique thumbzone button configuration. The Mouse is pre-installed with 512kb of memory to hold firmware and settings and processor is the WT6573.

With the scroll wheel button mouse has DPI+ and DPI- buttons. Another switch is situated at the edge of the right mouse button which is used to switch profile.

The right hand side of the MS-3 has an ergonomically designed finger rest, the grooves provides rest to fingers and makes the MS-3 very comfortable to use.

On the left side MS-3 consists of four buttons, two at the top, one in the middle and one at the bottom. Each of these buttons can be easily access with our thumb.

Mouse is loaded with all high grade OMRON buttons for long life span. FUNC is using the Avago ADNS 9500 which supports resolution settings between 90 dpi to 5,670 dpi. The MS-3 also features an adjustable polling rate up to 1000Hz.

The Mouse weighs around 127g and doesn’t support a weighting system.

The mouse has four feet underneath to ensure smooth movement on different variety of mousepads.

The FUNC MS-3 Mouse has a long high quality braided cable ending up with gold plated USB port.

Hand Grip
I am 5 feet 10 inches in height with a medium sized hands and this is how my hands has grip on this mouse. Hope this gives a fair idea to viewer and readers how it look like in their hands.

Software
The MS-3 comes with Software CD that we can use to install the configuration suite. Installation is simple and as far as the software is concerned, it is pretty in-depth, simple to navigate and bright attractive UI.

The MS-3 supports three profiles that can be independently configured and switched to on the fly. The basic settings mode allows us to set three DPI settings and we can also set the independent DPI values for x-y axis. There are also some other options to configure i.e pointer sensitivity, lift off distance, double click, scroll speed, Angle snapping and Pointer Acceleration along with polling rate settings

The next tab consists of the section that allows us to configure 10 different buttons of the MS-3 mouse.

The next tab refers to color settings that offers to select upto 16 million different colours, you can also add a pulse, change the saturation and brightness, and even just turn them off.

The MS-3 also has a Macro editor which is very basic. This editor allows to record and save macros to the onboard memory of the MS-3. We can also assign any macros we create to any of the mouse buttons on the MS-3.

Test Software
· Adobe Photoshop
· Google Chrome
· Resident Evil 6/Battlefield 3

In testing i paired the MS-3 with Razer goliathus and test some handful games like resident evil6/battlefield 3 on it. The mouse is really big, and while it takes some getting used to once my hand had adjusted to it i found that it was a pleasure to use. Gamers with big hands will love it. It`s very comfortable because it supports the whole hand and buttons are well located around the thumb area.

The matt black finish on the MS-3 gives it a clean look and the rubberised coating provides a secure and comfortable grip. The four Teflon feet of the MS-3 allow very smooth mousing over the pad. Once my hand got used to the design and size of the mouse my fingers found a natural resting position on the grooves on the right hand side of the mouse.

I am using this mouse over more than a month and my overall experience was very good. All buttons are in easy to reach places, the software is highly customisable and reasonably quick to respond.

The Good
Excellent button placement
Comfortable shape and desgin
Omron switches
Highly customisable software

The Bad
No weights
Might not be that comfortable with smaller hands

Special thanks to FUNC for providing the review Sample.
Ab-Initio, ManISinJpr and prateekS like this.

Last edited by vijayninel; 30-09-13 at 11:30 AM.
Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-13   #2
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I'M bACK

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great
Re: FUNC MS-3 Gaming Mouse Review

Nice reviews.
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-13   #3
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Nice review and report.
Now how much is this and where is it available?

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-13   #4
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Good review Singh. Somehow the mouse seems a bit wide to me with the finger rests and all. Do you think the width would be comfortable for people with smaller hands ?
Old 30-09-13   #5
⎝ᄽ⏝⏠⎠
Community Moderator
Procreating =8)~

hawk is extremely Renowned
hawk is extremely Renownedhawk is extremely Renownedhawk is extremely Renowned

I ve been looking to source this mouse for over a yr now. Where did U get this and for how much?
HDD: 2+3TB WD Black SATA3 & 512+256GB Samsung 850 pro
GPU: Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming WATERFORCE GTX 1080 @ 1759MHz (core) 1276MHz (mem) 1898MHz (boost)
PSU: SeaSonic X Series X850 Gold
Case & Cooler: Corsair 760T Black Red & H110i in Push Pull
hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-13   #6
teh nuB!
[E]onian
KAMIKAZE ON REPEAT!

Amitfuriousgam is Mysterious

Good Review. Mouse seems perfect for me. Any website to buy this in india???
Amitfuriousgam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13   #7
teh zeuS!
Common Sense - A Superpower

Fenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly Admirable

Review is good but i like ikari optical or mx 518 better.
Old 01-10-13   #8
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Mad Overclocker

Singh is highly AdmirableSingh is highly AdmirableSingh is highly AdmirableSingh is highly AdmirableSingh is highly AdmirableSingh is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by The Knight View Post
Nice reviews.
Thank You@The Knight ..

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Nice review and report.
Now how much is this and where is it available?
Thank You@ManISinJpr .. Around $80 @amazon ..

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
Good review Singh. Somehow the mouse seems a bit wide to me with the finger rests and all. Do you think the width would be comfortable for people with smaller hands ?
Thank You@vijayninel .. The mouse is really wide .. People with medium and large sized hands will surely love it but for small hands its not that comfortable .

Originally Posted by hawk View Post
I ve been looking to source this mouse for over a yr now. Where did U get this and for how much?
@hawk I already ask manufacturer to confirm its availability and price in India so as soon as i get any update i will let you know.

Originally Posted by Amitfuriousgam View Post
Good Review. Mouse seems perfect for me. Any website to buy this in india???
Thank you@Amitfuriousgam .. Waiting for manufacturer`s reply and will update the thread with availability and price in India as soon as they replied back.

Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
Review is good but i like ikari optical or mx 518 better.
Thank you@Fenix
Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13   #9
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

I would also like to know about this.
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
I already ask manufacturer to confirm its availability and price in India so as soon as i get any update i will let you know.
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13   #10
teh priesT!
[E]onian
From The Beginning

Ab-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly Famed

Nice review. Mouse looks good too
Ab-Initio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13   #11
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

Nice review
The mouse is too big for me in gaming
uniquegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-13   #12
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

topgear is Notable

it's available @ $80 USD on newegg so here it's going to cost cost at-least 5.5k but do read the consumer feedback on the RMA too
Old 17-10-13   #13
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Boredom

sukhwinder is Notable

Gr8 review but too big for my hands...personal preference Zowie FCK/ Razer DeathAdder 2013, all we need is best sensor xD
Singh likes this.

My Battlefield 3 Profile
MY GPU Z profile
MY CPU Z Profile
The Signature PIC
SYSTEM: Intel i7 3770k liquid cooled by Antec Khuler 920, Asus Maximus V Gene, MSI GTX 780 Twin Frozr, CM V1000 Watt SPMS, Kingston HyperX Blue 16GB
Monitor: BenQ XL 2420T
Peripherals: Mouse: SteelSeries Rival, Keyboard: QCK Quick FirePro, Headphone: SteelSeries 9H-Black
Cabinet: Corsair 400R.
Internet: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3274143356.png
sukhwinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-13   #14
Patient_Zero
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable

First of all brilliant review Singh bhai
Though i would have prefered a lit more lines on describing how well you faired in BF3/RE6, let's say a BF3 TDM match in Noshr Canals or any other map, and share the results. In that way you could know how well the mouse helped to improve your aim.
Anyways, i do very much like what did they did with the lighting system, and should be fantastic choice for palm gripers!
Singh likes this.
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply