Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Mobile Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 22-07-12   #451
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

Re: Full Detailed Thread for Samsung Focus, SGH I917.

The setting is spot on !! I don't use craptel but Reliance.. that works fine.
I have also used airtel earlier that worked too.. so I think your connection is not activated..
Originally Posted by aquaticbullet View Post
Apn settings :

APN : airtelgprs.com
username : blank
Password : blank
Proxy server : blank
Proxy port : blank

Any heads up would be grtly appreciated.
Also r u able to use 3g on ur fone using craptel widout any prblm ?

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-12   #452
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

godspeed4476 is Mysterious

facing major problem with the phone right now, a few days back some of the 3rd party apps like whatsapp were just not opening, but today all the 3rd party apps stopped working. Hence, did a major reset of the phone, now even the camera and the pictures tile is not working, not able to switch on the camera even after pressing the hard button. however, the other native apps like mail, messaging etc are working fine. Is there any solution or the phone is FUBAR?
godspeed4476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-12   #453
ਦਿਲ ਆਪਣਾ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ !!!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I don't wanna set any status..

Rig Gallery

vasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Great

Is there anyone who is using the focus as a wifi hotspot ? I need some assistance in setting it up.
Intel Core i5 3550s | Asus P8B75-V | GSkill 8GB DDR3 CL7 1333MHz | MSI 660Ti Power Edition | Wetern Digital Green 2TB | Intel 330 128GB SSD | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo | Corsair TX650V2 | CM Gladiator 600 | Logitech G500 | Steelseries QcK Mass | Logitech Z506 | Samsung 40EH5000 LED TV
vasishta.sushant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-12   #454
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Have you tried this method?

Old 02-10-12   #455
ਦਿਲ ਆਪਣਾ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ !!!

Rig Gallery

vasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Great

I haven't (and I can't at the moment since the phone is in transit). I was just reading some reviews and found that tethering wasn't possible by default. How is it on your phone Sir? Working?
Old 02-10-12   #456
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

I tried this in the start but then it was no uise for me as I was on 2G so wifi or not it is a waste for me touse on the phone, but I have tried it on a previous rom and it worked.
Originally Posted by vasishta.sushant View Post
I haven't (and I can't at the moment since the phone is in transit). I was just reading some reviews and found that tethering wasn't possible by default. How is it on your phone Sir? Working?
Old 02-10-12   #457
ਦਿਲ ਆਪਣਾ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ !!!

Rig Gallery

Perfect. Even I am on 2G but at least its better than nothing. I just want to get over a bad feeling that I bought the wrong phone since my primary purpose is to use it as a wifi hotspot (for my nexus 7).

Thanks for confirming. Will reply here again once the phone is here.
Old 02-10-12   #458
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

I am confused !! if you only had to use this as a wifi spot for Nexus 7 then you could have got an android phone in a lesser budget !!
what is the use of wasting so much money that too on 2G
Originally Posted by vasishta.sushant View Post
Perfect. Even I am on 2G but at least its better than nothing. I just want to get over a bad feeling that I bought the wrong phone since my primary purpose is to use it as a wifi hotspot (for my nexus 7).

Thanks for confirming. Will reply here again once the phone is here.
Old 02-10-12   #459
ਦਿਲ ਆਪਣਾ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ !!!

Rig Gallery

Having another android phone in unison with nexus 7 would be a bad move. The likes of galaxy Y, Lava, Karbon suck big time. I needed something that oozes quality and nothing cheaper than samsung focus was available. And having windows phone 7 is added advantage.
Old 24-10-12   #460
teh nuB!

greengoblin is Mysterious

Any idea if I would be able to use my Samsung Focus running Mango with Windows Phone 8?
greengoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-12   #461
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

No you will not, but you will get the windows phone 7.8 upgrade though, many things in it are similar to 8 versio except those which require hardware much powerful than this
Originally Posted by greengoblin View Post
Any idea if I would be able to use my Samsung Focus running Mango with Windows Phone 8?
Old 24-10-12   #462
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

godspeed4476 is Mysterious

waiting for the 7.8, hope that it resolves my phone problem, coz couple of guys are of opinion that there is nothing wrong with the hardware of the phone.
godspeed4476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-12   #463
teh nuB!

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
No you will not, but you will get the windows phone 7.8 upgrade though, many things in it are similar to 8 versio except those which require hardware much powerful than this
ManISinJpr ♦,
When is the update expected? Do you think it would be worth the wait? Planning to go for an Android. Man bhar gaya Windows se..
Old 25-10-12   #464
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

If you are not happy then you should change, what is the use of waiting ?
Originally Posted by greengoblin View Post
ManISinJpr ♦,
When is the update expected? Do you think it would be worth the wait? Planning to go for an Android. Man bhar gaya Windows se..
Old 25-10-12   #465
teh nuB!

budget and regret of switching too early, and frankly giving Windows another shot
Post New Thread  Reply